• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Confirmed: Southend United sign Elliot Lee on loan from West Ham United & Jakub Sokol

It's weird isn't it?
Bolger must have something and yet there have been issues .Confidence and luck do play a part
Yeovil fans were really chuffed when Sokolic signed for them.....we know he can play but now he'surplus to requirements there
You just can't work out what happens to a player's self belief .. Sit tight and Bolger will come good

It's weird isn't it?
Bolger must have something and yet there have been issues .Confidence and luck do play a part
Yeovil fans were really chuffed when Sokolic signed for them.....we know he can play but now he'surplus to requirements there
You just can't work out what happens to a player's self belief .. Sit tight and Bolger will come good

Well Bolger needs games and will probably come good. It's the only way to iron out the mistakes. Yeovil tried to convert Sokolic to right back, and it didn't work. The crowd soon got on his back. Bet he couldn't wait to get back to Southend where he was much more appreciated.

Well Bolger needs games and will probably come good. It's the only way to iron out the mistakes. Yeovil tried to convert Sokolic to right back, and it didn't work. The crowd soon got on his back. Bet he couldn't wait to get back to Southend where he was much more appreciated.

I hope he does well here ..... and stays .... as we go up (and Yeovil go down?)

Out of the two I preferred Egan last season, but nevertheless, am pleased to hear Sokolik is back. If I was Adam Thompson though, I'd be pretty miffed.
Why would he be miffed?... If his performances were top drawer, he would be first on the team sheet
but he looks shaky most of the time, and doesn't inspire confidence to most that watch him...

Why would he be miffed?... If his performances were top drawer, he would be first on the team sheet
but he looks shaky most of the time, and doesn't inspire confidence to most that watch him...

I think he's done ok, and he's going to find himself slipping down the pecking order to Sokolik....again.

I would imagine Lee and Sokolik will both be cup tied for next week's game. However, if they aren't, then that could be indicative of whether the parent club wants to keep them...

Sure i saw on one of the articles i read that Lee is allowed to play in the FA Cup.

I think he's done ok, and he's going to find himself slipping down the pecking order to Sokolik....again.
He has done ok, but Sokolik is a better player so he will fall down the pecking order. If you can sign better players then you sign better players.....
"Sorry Mr Messi, we'd love to bring you to Roots Hall, but we can't as it would upset Jack Payne"

He has done ok, but if he'd done well then we wouldn't have needed Sokolik. His positioning has been dodgy to say the least at times.

Why are so many people slating Bolger? Yes he hasn't had a good start this season and his confidence looks shot to pieces, but he's a young lad that's moved to a new area, give him time I'm sure he'll come good in the end

I think you'll find that I am asking a question rather than slating him - as living 4,000 miles away I don't get to see them play very often.

Maybe we could send Bolger up to Man Utd to get some game time while Sokolik is with us?

Why are so many people slating Bolger? Yes he hasn't had a good start this season and his confidence looks shot to pieces, but he's a young lad that's moved to a new area, give him time I'm sure he'll come good in the end

The comments here surely aren't a reflection of the player but of the fact he's not being selected?

Out of the two I preferred Egan last season, but nevertheless, am pleased to hear Sokolik is back. If I was Adam Thompson though, I'd be pretty miffed.

Thompson also lost out when Brown signed O'Neill on loan as well. Will be interesting to see what his confidence looks like when/if he returns to the side. He must be starting to think that the manager doesn't rate him.

I can't see BFS needing Lee for the FA Cup so expect him to play next week

It's a 3 month loan so W*** H** should be out of the cup by then.

I think you'll find that I am asking a question rather than slating him - as living 4,000 miles away I don't get to see them play very often.

That doesn't stop some!

I think he is ok as cover but no where near the level of Sokilik. The upsurge in form at the end of the season came at the same time Prosser and Thompson got injured and we brought in two defenders that can actually defend.

I think he is ok as cover but no where near the level of Sokilik. The upsurge in form at the end of the season came at the same time Prosser and Thompson got injured and we brought in two defenders that can actually defend.

Yet Sokolik is responsible for one of the biggest gaffs we have seen from a defender this year and already cost us a goal. If we werent 2-0 up he would have been slaughtered far more for that.

I like him, I thought he and Egan were superb last season and really showed the limitations of our own defenders on the ball, really hoping that was a one off!

Yet Sokolik is responsible for one of the biggest gaffs we have seen from a defender this year and already cost us a goal. If we werent 2-0 up he would have been slaughtered far more for that.

I like him, I thought he and Egan were superb last season and really showed the limitations of our own defenders on the ball, really hoping that was a one off!

Was almost as good as Barrett kicking half the ground out of Col Ewe's sandpit pitch.

Thompson was largely at fault for Exeter's goal and Prosser has a big hand in half the poor defending the side is involved in. Bolger literally gifted Luton the second and Mads was atrocious at AFC Wimbledon in the cup this year. You could literally lay blame ay any defenders door with no real effort.

Fact is we have seen Jakub 12 times in a Southend shirt and he has made one gaff I can think of so I would say at this level that's a pretty decent ratio.

Thompson was largely at fault for Exeter's goal and Prosser has a big hand in half the poor defending the side is involved in. Bolger literally gifted Luton the second and Mads was atrocious at AFC Wimbledon in the cup this year. You could literally lay blame ay any defenders door with no real effort.

Fact is we have seen Jakub 12 times in a Southend shirt and he has made one gaff I can think of so I would say at this level that's a pretty decent ratio.
Before we get totally carried away , I don't recall either of our brilliant loan centre backs playing well in either of the play off games. I remember at the time wishing Prosser was playing. Don't get me wrong I agree they were very good together but some reviews suggest they were near perfect which is not the case

I agree - it would be nice to hear the extent of the injury to Elliot Lee but it's gone very quiet. On another subject I'm
also surprised that we've no other information on the omission of Connor Clifford from the squad on Saturday.Didn't deserve to be left out from a playing point of view, so was it an injury or a fall out with management?

Back