• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jason Williams also got man of the match.

Brown, Banton and Farrell played for Witham yesterday. Layne played again in a 1-0 defeat. Dan Matsuzaka played Friday night so wasn't available for Harlow.

Jason should have been used here especially in the cup games.

Jason should have been used here especially in the cup games.

Nope, he will be there until end of January. After that are our failure to get a "genuine/proven goal scorer" he will come back and be making appearances off the bench to be pushing for a start.

Nope, he will be there until end of January. After that are our failure to get a "genuine/proven goal scorer" he will come back and be making appearances off the bench to be pushing for a start.

I doubt that will even happen. Brown is too pig headed to admit he was wrong and play Jason earlier in the season

I doubt that will even happen. Brown is too pig headed to admit he was wrong and play Jason earlier in the season

The same way you doubt Brown would start Payne regularly? Or how Brown came out and said he was wrong not to start Payne against Luton (?) because he never admits to being wrong.

Sad to see another thread turned into a Brown bashing opportunity.

Ellis Brown nets a consolation for Witham in a match that has seen Jack Paxman red-carded.

Not really loan watch, but elsewhere Mitchell Pinnock has scored an unlikely 5th goal for Concord at Barnet !

CP says PB is considering recalling Jason Williams from his loan at Chelmsford after being impressed by his form.

Not really loan watch, but elsewhere Mitchell Pinnock has scored an unlikely 5th goal for Concord at Barnet !

From Barnet's twitter - Mitchell Pinnock bends a beauty into the top corner from 25 yards out.

I don't think sending a youngster out on loan to gain experience is wrong.
If he is ready to play some time later this season , and even if he does well , it doesn't mean he was ready at the start IMO.

I don't think sending a youngster out on loan to gain experience is wrong.
If he is ready to play some time later this season , and even if he does well , it doesn't mean he was ready at the start IMO.

Its also very difficult to genuinely assess a players readiness without first giving him some game time. I personally would have liked to see him given minutes from the bench. SC got a lot of game time to prove he was not what PB had hoped/assessed and there were games where Jason could have come on for him and could have done no worse. Its all opinion of course but I do not respect the way PB has handled the striker system and we should never only have two at the club.

From development side to the first team is a HUGE step up for a young kid. It's extremely wise to use the loan system to bridge that gap. By pushing a player through too early you can really set their confidence and career back if things don't go well, and with some of our fickle fans that may well have happened (and could still with JW).

Brown has definitely made some mistakes this season but sending JW out on loan certainly isn't one of them......

From development side to the first team is a HUGE step up for a young kid. It's extremely wise to use the loan system to bridge that gap. By pushing a player through too early you can really set their confidence and career back if things don't go well, and with some of our fickle fans that may well have happened (and could still with JW).

Brown has definitely made some mistakes this season but sending JW out on loan certainly isn't one of them......

I'd agree with this, Phil has done well with getting the youngsters out to loan clubs where they are playing regularly.

On a separate note, A frind of mine who plays for Bognor Regis Town said that Ellis Brown was a real handful and ridiculous pace. Polished he could be a very good player.

Jason could have had minutes in the cup games,coming on with 15 left against tired defenders.

Nobody on here have ever suggested play him from the off straightaway ,ease him in and he will find his feet.

Jason could have had minutes in the cup games,coming on with 15 left against tired defenders.

Nobody on here have ever suggested play him from the off straightaway ,ease him in and he will find his feet.

I'm not sure 15 mins in cup games would have been as beneficial as this loan, what would he have got? 45mins?

I'm not sure 15 mins in cup games would have been as beneficial as this loan, what would he have got? 45mins?

If if he had been given cameos he may have hit the net and taken to this level easily,Jason ain't a little kid he is a rapid powerhouse and defenders would have a torrid time marking him.

The Echo says today that he is now looking to bring Williams back soon, especially with the Christmas games coming up. He mentioned that we have a 24 hour call back arrangement if necessary. A long way from playing, but it's obviously on in his thoughts now.

I just had a look at Chelmsford goal of the month nominations and Williams was one of the three. Goal A by Leon Redwood was a beauty. I wouldn't mind him showing a few of our players how to hit a ball!

Stop this Brown bashing please. Young players take different lengths of time to develop. Look at Assombalonga, I bet some Watford fans were saying throw him into their first team for 15 minutes against tired defenders.

So what happens, they send him out on Loan to Braintree in the Conference, then to us a level higher in League 2, then Peterborough buy him in League 1, then he is banging in goals for fun in the Championship for Forest. Sitting all that time on the bench and getting 10-15 minutes here and there would have held his development as a player back, and he may not be where he is now without the loan time he had.

Chelmsford are at a level way below League 2, so he might even need time on loan at a Conference club as well first before saying he is the Messiah.

Back