• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've been told that Tesco did this VHS to DVD conversion as well, certainly at Pitsea.

Sorry but couldn't resist re-posting King Billy

great pic,that is one of the pics,i think, ive got in the loft,cut out fron the echo??Another is at home v Southport?? the north bank-pak in full flow.the pic v Southport,im in & if im correct,you also see a few "bog rolls" in mid-air...love that pic..c.t..the 2 defenders on the floor & our Billy happy.MAGIC:smile:

Now for something funny.
I always thought Sammy The Shrimp and Elvis The Eel were a bit boring until this happened at Colchester. Luckily it was the Colchester mascot that copped it in front of the Southend fans, elevating Sammy to hero status.

Last edited:
What a forward line Terry Johnson , Billy Best , Bill Garner , Gary Moore , Peter Taylor . I bet a lot of older supporters will be misty eyed looking at this picture .

not only are my eyes getting misty!!!you had to be there,to enjoy those times..still love chairman trigg, north bank-pak-king Bill photo

Unfortunately Big Bills display against Chelsea made hanging on to him impossible,If only we had that line up for another full season.Still feel that King Billy should have been allowed to become the clubs all time biggest scorer,makes you wonder what Rowley with his record was thinking of. For so many of a certain age the memories of those times and his goalscoring feats....Only last week met someone who moved out of the area 30 odd years ago,when he heard that I had been watching Southend ......whats the first thing he said .....Billy Best what a player ,and then giving his version of some of his feats including that FA cup game.....A true legend

Great memories of standing in paddock for chelsea game when wagon wheels were massive and foodin ground was edible hat went wrong:blush:I

This looks like the place to visit for a cheap club kit!!. Actually remember finding out that Gary Moore lived in a club house at Little Hays in Leigh/Eastwood and few of us went round to get a autograph ....just remember the look on his poor wifes face as she answered the door..lol...Anyway my lasting memory of gary is possibly the worst miss I have ever seen ,in front of the north bank over the bar from about an inch out

Attachments

• img009.jpg
    img009.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 46
..Anyway my lasting memory of gary is possibly the worst miss I have ever seen ,in front of the north bank over the bar from about an inch out

Blimey i can remember that, but cant recall who it was against. Swansea? Newport?, just stabbing in the dark. Remember when Gary & Dave Chambers (smallish winger, dark hair) made their home debuts against York in 1968 or 1969 (?), we lost 0-1 and it was on TVS (South) on the Sunday afternoon. We could'nt get that channel!.

Wonder if any footage exists from those games on Southern /Anglia .The big old removal van on either n/west or s/west corner with cables everywhere!!...Remember a televised game against Port Vale?? managed by Nobby Styles 2-2 ?........Anyone remember any other games....Always seemed like we lost when we were on!!

This looks like the place to visit for a cheap club kit!!. Actually remember finding out that Gary Moore lived in a club house at Little Hays in Leigh/Eastwood and few of us went round to get a autograph ....just remember the look on his poor wifes face as she answered the door..lol...Anyway my lasting memory of gary is possibly the worst miss I have ever seen ,in front of the north bank over the bar from about an inch out
My mate Bob Jenning was his paper boy .

Blimey i can remember that, but cant recall who it was against. Swansea? Newport?, just stabbing in the dark. Remember when Gary & Dave Chambers (smallish winger, dark hair) made their home debuts against York in 1968 or 1969 (?), we lost 0-1 and it was on TVS (South) on the Sunday afternoon. We could'nt get that channel!.
It was York and they showed about 1

It was York and Southen TV showed about a minute of it . The next time we were on TV was Jan 76 when they showed the highlights of the FA cup game with Derby .

Wonder if any footage exists from those games on Southern /Anglia .The big old removal van on either n/west or s/west corner with cables everywhere!!...Remember a televised game against Port Vale?? managed by Nobby Styles 2-2 ?........Anyone remember any other games....Always seemed like we lost when we were on!!
Could it have been 3-3? 1975? Vale had white shirts with pin stripe black on sleeves. we were 3-0 or 3-1 up??

Anglia. 1976? Camb Utd 2 Shrimpers 3. Dave smith interview after.

Back