• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bobby Bennett scoring against Leningrad

attachment.php

The last two photos were taken from an FA Cup first round tie program between Southend and Aldershot in November 1972. Text now included
attachment.php

Last edited:
20180222_105018.jpgShame this bloke never made it after a promising start...just goes to show that you never know where you might end up one day in the future!

Sat Nov 22nd 1986 at Preston North End. We lose 2-0 but finish 3rd and get promoted under Dave Webb. Preston finish 2nd. Little Aldershot beat the mighty Wolves in the play-offs to clinch the 4th promotion slot. It was crazy at the bottom as Torquay stave off relegation with a last gasp equaliser in injury time, and that was after a police dog had bitten one of their players. Incredibly Burnley nearly get relegated finishing 3rd from bottom beating bottom club Lincoln by One point. Burnley won their last game of the season. It turns out they had to.
Here is the unmistakable Big Sam in the photo. Can anyone name all Seven Southend players?

image.jpg

Sat Nov 22nd 1986 at Preston North End. We lose 2-0 but finish 3rd and get promoted under Dave Webb. Preston finish 2nd. Little Aldershot beat the mighty Wolves in the play-offs to clinch the 4th promotion slot. It was crazy at the bottom as Torquay stave off relegation with a last gasp equaliser in injury time, and that was after a police dog had bitten one of their players. Incredibly Burnley nearly get relegated finishing 3rd from bottom beating bottom club Lincoln by One point. Burnley won their last game of the season. It turns out they had to.
Here is the unmistakable Big Sam in the photo. Can anyone name all Seven Southend players?

image.jpg

My best guess
Left to right: Clark, Stannard, Ling, Cadette, Hall, Pennyfather and ? O'Shea ?

My best guess
Left to right: Clark, Stannard, Ling, Cadette, Hall, Pennyfather and ? O'Shea ?

I would only challenge one of those, Mick. The player puffing his cheeks looks a bit too sturdy (good word) for Martin Ling. I am going with Paul Roberts for that one.

For those of you not following SUEPA yet on either our Twitter or Facebook pages but like the odd retro Shrimprs pic and memory (which if you're on this thread I asume you do), do visit and follow/like us now. Today we've had:

- Francis Laurent join up (and yesterday it was another Shrimper 26 shirt Scott Forbes)
- Shane Westley (with a cracking pic of him getting his boot quite near Trevor Morley's face)
- and a whole host of pics I've put up re SUEPA signings already on board who played for us in the 90's

Snow = cra p conditions for gardeners = no work = at home = a bit bored = more time to post stuff up

Plus loads more if you want to scroll even further back in the page feed

91 SUEPA members to date, 838 Twitter followers, 424 Facebook page likes ............. and rising.

Targetting 100/1,000 and 500 respectively asap - please help us get there

UTB

Back