Is being a kid a crime ?

Go in there and improve things then !

Danny
    Aged 54
    East Stand Codger.

No just being a blue voice member

Quote Originally Posted by marlow17101032 View Post
    No just being a blue voice member
    Then make your argument clear and state the points you wish to make , rather than rant against the age of some of the lads that go in there.
    They all do their best , so don't really understand what your gripe is.

Have to say, the fact that that the Chester fans sang "can you hear the southend sing" for 15 minutes straight in the first half without response shows how bad it was today. When we finally did respond with a bit of drum banging (which was met with loud ironic cheers from the Chester fans) it only lasted about 10 seconds!
    Still, the Blue Voice performance in the stands wasn't as bad as the blues player on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    You welcome to pop over during the game show us how well it was done in the Jobson era
    The support in the Jobson era was largely poor , 1st game in the old div 2 for example as well as the Bobby Moore years.

The Breif yet troubled Johnson Era , which I believe was the original post was better supported

Age doesn't matter just going quiet for long periods of games kills the atmosphere

Yes the fans haven't been great this season but it's really hard to offer support to that shower if **** that was on display today. Not only that but the football is so boring I would rather go up the back for a fag rather than watch that utter gash.

When the team and management start entertaining the fans then maybe we will up the noise.

There are plenty of big premier league sides that you could hear a pin drop when they are playing badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby dazzler View Post
    I am approaching my 50th birthday and have memories of home fans getting behind the team when not playing well.

I have read and heard many discussions on the Blue Voice subject and from time to time put it down to the acoustic's in the West. Today the Chester fans were a real credit to their side. Loud, encouraging, singing all game and all we could manage is a few beats on the drum and signing when we scored. Quite truthfully its pathetic !
    Don't give me the old claptrap about the team needs to inspire the fans, the FANS are there thru' thick and thin and must show that vocally.
    I appreciate away games are different due to all die hard fans being in the same location whilst at home they are spread out. (I use the word Die Hard not with detriment to season ticket holders who don't travel but rather as a recognition of the hardy supporters who follow this great club away) I spent eight years when younger never missing a game home or away including the Anglo Italian games (those who are old enough remember them)
    I hold a season ticket and have done since returning to this country a few years back ( I travelled back from abroad and caught ten games min a season when living there)
    I don't question individuals right to make noise or not , BUT and its a big BUT ! The Blues Voice lauds itself on being that very thing and when needed the most, they go missing.
    Please find vocal leaders to start the signing rather than stay quiet. I took it on myself as a beacon of rage in the last ten mins at the front of the East to try to get people behind and gave up. It takes something I can tell you to get me going at my age.
    Please back the team as we have been through much worse times and always sung our hearts out, do not let rival fans out sing you, show a passion missing from today's game.
    I do not question your loyalty of passion but more you vocal ability Peace Out !

My name is Tony and I can be PM'd to discuss if anyone wants (or take abuse)

All I want is the Hall to be a cauldron of noise and the Blue Voice should be the start of it and try to encourage other parts of the ground to join in
    Tony, i am only a couple of years younger than you and stand half way back in W. There are many of our age in W, but mostly not at the front. Some of us were singing for most of the game but not enough. I totally understand why and I have no right to shout at people for not singing, but I share your opinion and let's just say I am also disappointed to say the least
    Last edited by united we stand; 08-11-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: predictive text

Waiting for news on FF... Smiffy's Avatar

The fans aren't the problem. There are far bigger problems and persons we should be focusing our anger on.

One bloke seemed to be voicing his opinion today, mainly at Mr Brown and got thrown out for his troubles in the West but was shouting passionately before Mr Brown's substitions all seemed a bit OTT from the stewards.

So bored on these posts.

Why don't the people that want to moan come and join us. There are about 200 people in the ground out of about 5000 that actually try and make a difference vocally.The performances have been **** of late do you not think the majority of the blue voice are not ****ed off too.

The ages of the people in that section is irrelevant really but the record I am 35 I stand at the back next to my Dad who is 60 and two mates who are 40. The bulk of people in the back six rows are 30+. We do so as we want to get behind our team and try and make thar fractional bit of difference to the side we love.

Rather than every man and his dog moaning about the atmosphere why don't you come over and ****ing well help as we're all supposed to care for this club.

Quote Originally Posted by jc80 View Post
    One bloke seemed to be voicing his opinion today, mainly at Mr Brown and got thrown out for his troubles in the West but was shouting passionately before Mr Brown's substitions all seemed a bit OTT from the stewards.
    That may well have been Dagenham Kev. We could even hear him in the Greens. Woke a few of us up, it did.

I'm getting bored of these too! They have their own forum on her if you have any real suggestions or questions please put them in there. We don't need another one of these threads everytime we lose a game it goes round in circles.