Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blues (lost their) voice

Default Blues (lost their) voice

I am approaching my 50th birthday and have memories of home fans getting behind the team when not playing well.

I have read and heard many discussions on the Blue Voice subject and from time to time put it down to the acoustic's in the West. Today the Chester fans were a real credit to their side. Loud, encouraging, singing all game and all we could manage is a few beats on the drum and signing when we scored. Quite truthfully its pathetic !
    Don't give me the old claptrap about the team needs to inspire the fans, the FANS are there thru' thick and thin and must show that vocally.
    I appreciate away games are different due to all die hard fans being in the same location whilst at home they are spread out. (I use the word Die Hard not with detriment to season ticket holders who don't travel but rather as a recognition of the hardy supporters who follow this great club away) I spent eight years when younger never missing a game home or away including the Anglo Italian games (those who are old enough remember them)
    I hold a season ticket and have done since returning to this country a few years back ( I travelled back from abroad and caught ten games min a season when living there)
    I don't question individuals right to make noise or not , BUT and its a big BUT ! The Blues Voice lauds itself on being that very thing and when needed the most, they go missing.
    Please find vocal leaders to start the signing rather than stay quiet. I took it on myself as a beacon of rage in the last ten mins at the front of the East to try to get people behind and gave up. It takes something I can tell you to get me going at my age.
    Please back the team as we have been through much worse times and always sung our hearts out, do not let rival fans out sing you, show a passion missing from today's game.
    I do not question your loyalty of passion but more you vocal ability Peace Out !

My name is Tony and I can be PM'd to discuss if anyone wants (or take abuse)

All I want is the Hall to be a cauldron of noise and the Blue Voice should be the start of it and try to encourage other parts of the ground to join in

I'm done I really am
    Steak Meal?
    Kipper Breakfast?
    Cous Cous Brunch?
    Fish Supper?

True Blue

Point out I am wrong. I am a reasoned man. I will listen. I have my right to rant but appreciate its my view.

If you wish to put me right please do.

Thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby dazzler View Post
    True Blue

Point out I am wrong. I am a reasoned man. I will listen. I have my right to rant but appreciate its my view.

If you wish to put me right please do.

Thanks

Tony

I must have been dreaming the start of the game mate

What killed it was the utter dross on that pitch no club on this earth could muster the support to cheer that on!!! A disgrace on that pitch
    Steak Meal?
    Kipper Breakfast?
    Cous Cous Brunch?
    Fish Supper?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    I must have been dreaming the start of the game mate

What killed it was the utter dross on that pitch no club on this earth could muster the support to cheer that on!!! A disgrace on that pitch
    I am not questioning the fact our Players were quite simply awful, dreadful, rubbish, its hard not to swear when describing the performance.

Sure at the beginning of the game the Blue Voice could be heard and my issue is that its as important as ever when we go one nil down etc to get behind them. The Chester fans were magnificent and for large periods of the game it was nothing but silence from Southend fans. Its not easy to get motivated by a team as dross as ours today but its what we do and we need to get behind them.
    I used to be in my younger years one of them and have grown old with a young son and am not that vocal anymore.

Its not an attack on the lads and lasses loyalty but a comment on the vocal performance.

Think we are missing the connection some players have to inspire the fans.Really need someone like Barrett who you knew wanted to win and his actions on the pitch showed .Only DB seems to have it

Should be singing whatever is happening on the pitch, last week was very good second half today was poor

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Trigg View Post
    Think we are missing the connection some players have to inspire the fans.Really need someone like Barrett who you knew wanted to win and his actions on the pitch showed .Only DB seems to have it
    Quite simply put but ever so TRUE. We do not have that passion from a player encouraging to team to get behind them.

I don't get this at all. Having a go at the fans after that awful performance when it should be the team. The disquiet from the supporters has slowly been building up all season after our lacklustre home performances, so you cant blame anyone for a few boos at the end. Even then it wasn't that bad.I thought The blue voice still did a reasonable job today in the circumstances, so I think your criticism is unfair

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilSneer View Post
    I don't get this at all. Having a go at the fans after that awful performance when it should be the team. The disquiet from the supporters has slowly been building up all season after our lacklustre home performances, so you cant blame anyone for a few boos at the end. Even then it wasn't that bad.I thought The blue voice still did a reasonable job today in the circumstances, so I think your criticism is unfair
    Again its my view and everyone is entitled to theirs

I again stress that its never more important to back the team than when things are going against us.

The old fourth division relegation fights and the Johnson era amongst others spring to mind. We still sung our hearts out in support.

Again its my view and everyone is entitled to theirs

I again stress that its never more important to back the team than when things are going against us.

The old fourth division relegation fights and the Johnson era amongst others spring to mind. We still sung our hearts out in support.

You welcome to pop over during the game show us how well it was done in the Jobson era
    Steak Meal?
    Kipper Breakfast?
    Cous Cous Brunch?
    Fish Supper?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    You welcome to pop over during the game show us how well it was done in the Jobson era
    Tell you what. Great response.

Next time my son doesn't come with me I will come across and stand and sing with you. Not an idle threat but a promise. I actually enjoyed getting up and ranting and singing even on my own.

Tell you what. Great response.

Next time my son doesn't come with me I will come across and stand and sing with you. Not an idle threat but a promise. I actually enjoyed getting up and ranting and singing even on my own.

Superb and a beer before?
    Steak Meal?
    Kipper Breakfast?
    Cous Cous Brunch?
    Fish Supper?

Agree the blues voice needs a lift

Maybe times have changed, now days we want instant success. Add into the mix our distrust of the chairman, the crap football, the constant benching of our better players, having one of the longest runs in the bottom division, and a manager who doesn't know what we need, I think the crowds reaction sums all that up...