• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I really don't understand the so called supports of the club! What more do you want, we are in the playoff positions 4 points from the Top.

If You really support the club then get behind the whole team including the manger, we might not be playng the best but at the end of the day 3 points is 3 points and IF we get promoted I don't really care how we play a win is a win!

So get behind the team and stop always looking for the negatives!

Spot on. Great to win 3 on the spin. I started this thread but I wasnt really being negative it was just to gauge opinions on other choices.....at the time plenty on here were calling for browns head. I have always been of the opinion that we are very close to dominating this league...just a goalscorer and a kick *** CB imo

errr hmmm..

About a replacement??

Sometimes you lot make me laugh

Honestly!! Sometimes you people are ridiculous!

Kevin Hogg.

5th in the league. Brown out now!!
Laughable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silence...from the Brown Out Brigade!!
Idiots.

With all due respect, we were woeful and didn't win for six games, including an FA Cup exit to a non-league team who made us look like the part timers. It didn't show any signs of improving with Brown constantly chopping and changing the side with no continuity and almost picking names out the hat in the hope of something clicking.

We've now won three in a row against a team in 17th, a team second from bottom and the team who are bottom. We also conceded against two of those sides and won all three by just one goal. Maybe you should try not to get so carried away with yourself next time and come on here calling people ridiculous and idiots, as they all pay the same money as you (assuming you go) and are entitled to an opinion.

I'm just as happy as everyone else that we've got 9 points in the bag from a possible 9, but I'm still concerned that we may struggle once we come up against a team that knows their arse from their elbow seeing as we're light up front, inconsistent at the back and struggle to score more than 2 goals.

Admittedly, I was in the Brown out camp and now I'm not so sure. Guess what? I'm a football fan and we get emotional. We say things in the heat of the moment out of frustration when we're fed up. Difference in opinion makes this site interesting. What would be fun about us all sitting around, drinking tea and agreeing with eachother all day?

Last edited:
Idiots.

Brown has noticeably stopped tinkering.. The crowd made it perfectly clear what they thought when he made subs against Chester. Worrall has been unstoppable since. You can only beat what's in front of you and we have done that. This squad has what it takes to win the league so don't be putting all the praise on Brown. We would be top if he wasn't such a dinosaur. I hope has learnt his lesson.

As for Bolger.. When will he learn.

I really don't understand the so called supports of the club! What more do you want, we are in the playoff positions 4 points from the Top.

If You really support the club then get behind the whole team including the manger, we might not be playng the best but at the end of the day 3 points is 3 points and IF we get promoted I don't really care how we play a win is a win!

So get behind the team and stop always looking for the negatives!

Im fully aware of what it means to support my team. My record is in my signature. I've seen enough teams to know how good this one is and 5Th place scraping wins each week is unacceptable. 5th at the end of the season with this squad is failure and so brown must work out now how to get us into that top three and keep us there. Unless he finds a goal scoring formula then there is no way we will bridge that gap. I've had enough of the garbage of League Two and my expectations are far higher than ****ing fifth..

5th in the league. Brown out now!!
Laughable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5th... How ****ing English. What will 5th bring you other than a lottery...? lets hope that somebody in the club has loftier ambitions than you after the solid investment in playing staff over the last 18 months. anythng less than 3rd is abject failure and as a set of supporters we should demand from our manager nothing less.

'anything less than 3rd is abject failure' is sounding very Leeds-like. Have to respect that everyone else strengthened too and we have no divine right of promotion. I'm along for roller coaster ride!

5th... How ****ing English. What will 5th bring you other than a lottery...? lets hope that somebody in the club has loftier ambitions than you after the solid investment in playing staff over the last 18 months. anythng less than 3rd is abject failure and as a set of supporters we should demand from our manager nothing less.

Spot on !

This squad should be far more convincing when winning football matches yet we struggle to get over the line far too many times.

Threads like this add no value to this website in my opinion, certainly with comments like:

Idiots.

but seeing the time of the post I guess they can be overlooked as Saturday night exuberance.

So we've won a few games against poor opposition, this doesn't make Brown manager of the year.

If he brings some winning consistency to the team then I'd be absolutely delighted but until this happens I'll continue to be a critic.

There's no point in winning a few on the bounce if we're just going to loose as many and this his been my main gripe with Brown in charge.

5th place and 4 points off the top at the end of the season will not get us promotion. I believe in this squad as I think we have some excellent players, but I still don't believe PB is capable of getting the best out of them. But, I'm not jumping on the band wagon on getting rid now, but, if we don't get promoted this season after coming close last year I would say he should go in the summer. Another season in league two watching us trying to defend 1 goal leads will drive people away and the club can I'll afford that happening. The last three wins have been excellent in terms of 9 points, but against possibly the three worst teams in the league, yet we've been hanging on in the end. PB needs to find the formula to get more goals and finish these teams off. We create the chances and hopefully sooner or later someone will get a spanking. Worrell is fast becoming the player of the season already, Payne is scoring, hurst seems to be getting back to some form, yet we still lack goals due to a shot shy forward line. Will be interesting to see what happens when Barnard returns.

With all due respect, we were woeful and didn't win for six games, including an FA Cup exit to a non-league team who made us look like the part timers. It didn't show any signs of improving with Brown constantly chopping and changing the side with no continuity and almost picking names out the hat in the hope of something clicking.

We've now won three in a row against a team in 17th, a team second from bottom and the team who are bottom. We also conceded against two of those sides and won all three by just one goal. Maybe you should try not to get so carried away with yourself next time and come on here calling people ridiculous and idiots, as they all pay the same money as you (assuming you go) and are entitled to an opinion.

I'm just as happy as everyone else that we've got 9 points in the bag from a possible 9, but I'm still concerned that we may struggle once we come up against a team that knows their arse from their elbow seeing as we're light up front, inconsistent at the back and struggle to score more than 2 goals.

Admittedly, I was in the Brown out camp and now I'm not so sure. Guess what? I'm a football fan and we get emotional. We say things in the heat of the moment out of frustration when we're fed up. Difference in opinion makes this site interesting. What would be fun about us all sitting around, drinking tea and agreeing with eachother all day?

Brilliant post and sums up what many have been saying. We may have turned the corner in terms of points but none of the three victories has been totally convincing and against poor opposition. Northampton this weekend will prove a tougher test and at Roots Hall. Jury still out Mr Brown.

Next 7 games will give a clearer picture of where we are at under Philip.

Poor opposition ha ofcourse they are!! In this lge anyone can beat anyone look at Mansfield yesturday beating in form Plymouth!! A result is a result and phil brown deserves the credit when we win just like you lot serve him up when we don't win,time to back brown like true supporters!!!

Back