• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone can play in the back four, about time we played to our strengths and went for goals against Hartlepool Saturday and that means playing Payne, something is wrong by not playing this guy from the start.

I agree with playing Hurst. Yes its a gamble but when he is on form he is quality and
lets not go on but last season. Yes i know it was last season goals and assists
Did not go saturday but we are still in play off's.

Bentley
Thompson Bolger Prosser White
Worrall Timlin Leonard Hurst
Corr Coulthirst

Subs P.Smith. Defender from Development Squad. Clifford. Degnan. Atkinson. Payne. Weston.

Isn't the youth team left back at Witham Town?

Kane Farrell is on loan at Witham, who played at LB against Harlow. Doing well at Witham I've heard.

Emmanuel Adeyeye is the one I'm thinking of, but he might be suspended!

I think he is only suspended for youth games, so will not be available for their game this Saturday. Also think if they play a game in the morning, then they can't play for the 1st team in the same day.

I'd go with..
...................Bentley..............
........White...Bolger..Prosser...
.............Lenny....Deegan........
Worrall..........Payne.......Timlin
..............Corr......Shaq..........

BENTLEY

WHITE CORR PROSSER WILLIAMS

DEEGAN

ATKINSON TIMLIN LEONARD

PAYNE

WORRALL

Gives us Corr's prowess for corners.
He played as well at centre half as anyone I have seen play this season.

We need to be more positive up front and try to put square pegs in square holes at the back. Tommo can play at RB and did well there last season but I prefer the Prosser/Thompson partnership as the CB's based upon showings earlier this season.

I'd go with...

Bentley

Leonard Thompson Prosser White

Deegan

Worral Clifford/Payne Timlin

Corr Weston

In this way only White plays out of position (Lenny is an ex-RB) and White on the left may actually mean his long balls down the channel actual stay play as he tends to slice them to the right (much like my 4 iron!).

Bodger & Shaq should be nowhere near the starting 11 (nor Binbag-Williams for that matter).

Back 4 of:

Bristol VR, Plaxton Prestige, Regent V, Routemaster.

That way we might get a 0 - 0.

It's times like these when I worry Brown may do something daft, such as Prosser at left back. Personally, with the players he has available I think he needs to play three at the back and Timlin on the left.

I can see Brown putting an academy defender on the bench. During the match one of our defenders will get injured and subbed and guess what - the academy defender stays on the bench and we are all left scratching our heads.

As much as I would prefer Prosser at CB , I would prefer just one out of position than two , so would go for :white , bolger , thompson , prosser

As much as I would prefer Prosser at CB , I would prefer just one out of position than two , so would go for :white , bolger , thompson , prosser

Thompson is a right sided player, I would go as follows (apologies if anyone else has already done this combination!):

RB - Thompson; CB - Bolger; CB - Prosser; LB - White

White has played left back in the past. I would also have Lenny playing RM to give the two youngsters a bit of protection in front of them.

So that's no Sokolik, Binnon-Williams, Adeyeye, Lee, Weston or Ted Smith.

................Bentley
White Thompson Prosser Atkinson
................Deegan
.......Leonard.........Timlin
Worrall...................Payne
................Corr

Subs P Smith, Bolger, Hurst, Coulthirst, Layne, Clifford, Jordan Williams

Back