• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

my antiquated payment by cheque was posted yesterday morning with a second class stamp , so receipt some time in mid Feb I guess ?

John and I would like to thank everyone who has donated so far.

We appreciate the help we have received over the years from sponsors, mods, previous owners, people who contribute both financially and with the millions of posts that has made ShrimperZone what it is.

Please continue with contributions and spare us as much as you can afford to keep the Zone free for all to use.

Thanks again.

*payday bump*

Cheers for the reminder - done.

Also, I'll double my donation if embedded tweet links are added:winking:

On another forum I peruse it's completely free to sign up and use (post threads, post replies) but they have an extra level of membership, which for £5 a year gets you things like:

- ability to start polls
- ability to have a signature
- ability to change your user sub-name thing
- additional PM capacity

Some other stuff.

Might be a pain to introduce, but could potentially be a way of raising money, in particular from people who use the zone the most. It shouldn't effect numbers of people signing up or much of the functionality of the board.

Also - how about a donation from the Trust seeing as they use the Zone a lot to advertise their own fundraising activities?

Thanks for the suggestions Jon, I am still looking into embedded tweets , but it will cause us a problem with storage of pictures which we are trying to find an answer to.

There are some good suggestions there but most are impractical as you cannot set each member up separately with their own privileges. We would have to look at people being in their own usergroup and we have been down that road before and it caused us untold grief. Once you create an elite group on here we know from experience where that leads.

"ability to change your user sub-name thing" I am not sure what you mean as you have already changed your own?

People can already have sigs, within the size guidelines we set, Those who have ads have paid for them.

We have from today doubled members PM capacity.

Once again thanks to all that have donated, one last push please people.

I would like to thank everyone who has donated.

We understand that money can be tight and that Christmas is coming but we appreciate all the members who have contributed from the small to the large amounts.

Any further monies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ken/John

"Think shrimp Thursday". Pathetic , I know, but couldn't think of anything as clever as Cyber Monday or Fek off Friday or whatever it was, anyhow bumpity bump! And a big fat merry Xmas to you all

Morning all.

Thanks again to all those who've donated. There's no exaggeration here - if we don't put the odd bit of cash in the meter, this place just goes away.

Have YOU donated yet?

I've put some money in as have the other owners, moderators and many posters. It's rubbish having to ask people for money but if you enjoy coming here and do in fact spend a fair amount of time here each week, then please ask yourself this: can you spare twenty quid, a tenner, even just a fiver to help keep the place going? It really does all help.

We see every donation and we really do appreciate anything we can raise.

Click here to make a donation. It'll take less than 2 minutes.

And here's my thank you dance.

ps817.gif

Back