• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

spoons

Manager
Living in North Wales so easy 20 mile trip for us to Prenton Park tomorrow.
Good luck to Southend fans making the long journey.
No idea of team to play but Tranmere are an improving side and this will be tough.
I feel it will be a draw but obviously hoping for a win.
Weather has been awful up here most of today with persistent rain likely to last overnight and clear in the morning with light showers for kick off.

bentley
white Bolger Prosser williams
Leonard Deegan
Hurst Payne Worrall
Corr

Smith.T, solokik, Thompson, Weston, Timlin, Atkinson, Couthrist

2-1 Blues :smile: :thumbsup:

The good news is Tranmere wont know each other just signed Fenelon on loan ( striker ) from Brighton. Their 4th loan signing in 3 days!! ( 2 strikers)

I think we will start the same as last week but with Deegan instead of Payne, reverting to Phil's favourite 4-5-1/4-3-3.

I think we will start the same as last week but with Deegan instead of Payne, reverting to Phil's favourite 4-5-1/4-3-3.

I agree that's what he will play, not sure I agree that's what he should play though!

4 4 1 1
Bentley
white prosser bolger williams
worral lenny timlim hurst
Payne
Corr

This for me too - only one change from Hartlepool which is the obvious one of Binbag-Williams in for Thompson and the same set up. Really is time we started getting some continuity in the side and that side looks the strongest from what we have available to us - or at least until Barnard is back.

Would love to see Sokolik start instead of Prosser (nothing personal) as I like the idea of two good young centre backs establishing a firm partnership, but don't think Luke's done anything to warrant being dropped and there's no need to unnecessarily change a winning side.

Quietly confident about this one as we're on two straight wins and there's been little glimpses in the press that cofidence may be slowly returning amongst the players.

Bentley
white Sokolik Bolger Prosser
Deegan
Hurst Leonard Timlin Worrall
Corr

1-1 with 276 from Southend
You're putting Bolger out of position there, if anyone should be out of position then I'd rather have John at LB and Bolger at RB.

Yes, I was unsure of that myself - maybe the back 4 could stay as last week except with Sokolik coming in as right back. Really don't want Binnom-Williams back though.

Browns flu will have cleared up, so expect more baffling tactics and panicked substitutions. 2-0 defeat after a brace of Weston missed penalties.

I have this feeling that the wheel may come off at Tranmere and we get a good hiding. Hope I'm wrong but I feel it in my water.:unsure:

You're putting Bolger out of position there, if anyone should be out of position then I'd rather have John at LB and Bolger at RB.

You're moaning about moving 1 player out of position (which he wouldn't be as that is his normal position) and then suggesting to have 2 players out of position!! :stupid you:

Unmmmm we're gonna get spanked ? Take a draw. Was it the 90/91 season where they scored after a few seconds. I don't have the stats but I'm convinced this is not a happy hunting ground for us. The table doesn't lie. We should not be losing this game. I'm on a plane landing at 530pm and expecting to read good news

Back