• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
Disappointed that the club haven't rearranged a fixture for the 6th. It would have been a good opportunity to bring a scheduled mid week fixture to a Saturday, especially an away fixture like Burton which is mid week. Have the club done the right thing leaving a 2 week gap between games? What will everyone do with a free weekend?

That's not really something that happens though is it and not down to the club?

Certainly would make sense to do so, but dont ever recall anyone doing it?

Personally I'm happy to have a weekend off and I'm sure that the players will benefit too (especially those who are injured or carrying knocks)!

Personally I'm happy to have a weekend off and I'm sure that the players will benefit too (especially those who are injured or carrying knocks)!

Means they'll be more prepared to enjoy the Junior Blues' Christmas Party on the 9th anyway :smile:

What about those carrying knocks when we have 3 games in a week because we have an away mid week game?

Disappointed that the club haven't rearranged a fixture for the 6th. It would have been a good opportunity to bring a scheduled mid week fixture to a Saturday, especially an away fixture like Burton which is mid week. Have the club done the right thing leaving a 2 week gap between games? What will everyone do with a free weekend?

Burton have already re-arranged their away game at Exeter for December 6th

Not usually the kind of thing that happens nowadays - too much goes in re-arranging fixtures due to policing etc

Indeed I dont remember it happening for a cup weekend.

That said its a good idea and if we get some dodgy weather and a fixture build up later in the year Im sure Wally will be reminding us of this thread!

Back