• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was there and the whole team were superb, tactics were spot on for the players who worked their socks off. You are as much of a fans any whether you go to away games but to question Browns tactics currently, is to me an injustice. I am not Browns biggest fan but credit was due yesterday, winning a difficult looking fixture, against a team freshened with signings and a good manager in Micky Adams.

I haven't actually. I did say that the last couple of games Brown has listened to the fans, played Worrall and Payne in a more attacking system and it's bearing fruit. Just need more luck to start winning by bigger margins

It would be a shame if Tranmere are relegated because I like Prenton Park. It is a proper football ground - not some middle class, soul less and sanitised stadium. Four decent sides and in the middle of the connurbation that the team represents rather than being stuck out on a retail area with no facilities.

And well done to Tranmere for letting us have all the stand - too often clubs squash us into part of the stand and tell us we can't use the remainder of the space for health and safety reasons. And you could even have a conversation about the game at half-time as the music wasn't too loud.

All in all, a good day out! :thumbsup:
Great post, I fully agree with all of it and the ticket prices were good too.

Williams made mistakes but never shied from looking for the ball and was a presence that Tranmere could not ignore. His job was probably to cover in front of the defence and to assist a tiring midfield. Payne and Corr looked exhausted in the last few minutes but they had worked hard. Corr for a change looked quite good and seemed to relish roughing up their back four.
Is Williams a winger? No, but he needs a lot of work before he makes a full back role too.

I like Williams, big and powerful, just needs work as you say

So let me get this right. Anyone who can wax lyrically about three consecutive wins, against lower opposition, without being totally convincing, is a true supporter. Those that express concerns are idiots or as Jam Man states, '..it really says a lot about that persons outlook on life'.

I am glad for the win and the three points. Well done the lads! But that does not prevent me from erring on the side of caution about how excited I get. We scored two, hurrah, but rarely does that happen and I would like to see a striker score one day as you cannot always rely on the others. Corr played well, double hurrah, but what if he had gone off injured after three minutes or whenever? Who did we have to play his role?

Why does it make me an idiot just because I want to be realistic and question a plethora of midfield signings and zip attackers? Oh yes I know Lee got injured unluckily but even with him here the numbers would be low.

Why can't I hope that we can put a similar number of goals past teams at the wrong end of the table as other teams appear to according to stats? I know it cant be done every time but so far we have failed to do it once.

The win is great and I will always be pleased for a win but like many on here, I have seen our club play for decades, the ups and the downs, and I know if a wheel can come off it will. Scraping by will win some games but because a 'worldy' will often occur or a slip or a poor decision, then I doubt it will win enough games. Thats the nature of football. Our team is good but not good enough to be sure of the defence whilst profligate in attack.

If that says something about my outlook, I hope it says I am realistic.

Brilliant post !

The 3 wins have been great no question ,But are they papering over the cracks?.

I agree with your every word.

That's your opinion. It didn't happen so we can NEVER be sure. Players miss from a yard out you know
So we should worry about the fact the second goal was an own goal AND the fact that Corr was ready for a tap in if their player didn't oblige is of no conciliation. An actual goal that actually went in AND theoretical back up if it hadn't gone in (it actually did)..... I think I may recognise you from somewhere....did you used to walk along Oxford Street with a sandwich board saying 'The End Is Nigh'?

If after 18 games we really are as bad as some would have us believe , do you think we would be sitting where we are ?
We are fast approaching half way and this should have given the so called 'superior teams' ample time to be way ahead of us , but they're not.
We are far from the finished article , but then neither are anyone else in this Division.
I despair at the pessimism of some on here.

Btw , I know Hursts ball to Worrall was a 'worldy' for the 2nd goal but I thought Corr played a great one for the first goal also.

Any away win is a fantastic result. We should be grateful.

I do however I agree that there is a sense we are papering over the cracks. Let's see how this team face up to Burton in a few weeks time. Then we shall see whether we are good enough for promotion.

Finally, Worrall is class.

So we should worry about the fact the second goal was an own goal AND the fact that Corr was ready for a tap in if their player didn't oblige is of no conciliation. An actual goal that actually went in AND theoretical back up if it hadn't gone in (it actually did)..... I think I may recognise you from somewhere....did you used to walk along Oxford Street with a sandwich board saying 'The End Is Nigh'?

Is there any need to get personal?

You can NEVER say Corr would have scored it, unless you can travel to a parallel world where the defender didn't put into his own net.

If you read all my posts on this thread, you will see I have said we are looking more attack minded with Worrall and Payne in the team. That is a positive comment. Stop looking to pull me apart because you are being personal in everything I post.

There are quite a few posters with the same view as me that have posted on this thread. Why is that? Nothing to do with the Ched Evans thread by any chance? You targeted me on there too because I didn't have the same opinion as you. You have made SZ personal and that is a shame

I like Williams, big and powerful, just needs work as you say

He reminds me of Straker - 95% poor yesterday and when he does something that works, you think it's brilliant because it shines like a light compared with his last "contribution".

But yes, standing there in bright yellow/orange on the touch line did make him quite hard to be ignored by Tranmere Rovers (and every body else) .............................:unsure:

So let me get this right. Anyone who can wax lyrically about three consecutive wins, against lower opposition, without being totally convincing, is a true supporter. Those that express concerns are idiots or as Jam Man states, '..it really says a lot about that persons outlook on life'.

I am glad for the win and the three points. Well done the lads! But that does not prevent me from erring on the side of caution about how excited I get. We scored two, hurrah, but rarely does that happen and I would like to see a striker score one day as you cannot always rely on the others. Corr played well, double hurrah, but what if he had gone off injured after three minutes or whenever? Who did we have to play his role?

Why does it make me an idiot just because I want to be realistic and question a plethora of midfield signings and zip attackers? Oh yes I know Lee got injured unluckily but even with him here the numbers would be low.

Why can't I hope that we can put a similar number of goals past teams at the wrong end of the table as other teams appear to according to stats? I know it cant be done every time but so far we have failed to do it once.

The win is great and I will always be pleased for a win but like many on here, I have seen our club play for decades, the ups and the downs, and I know if a wheel can come off it will. Scraping by will win some games but because a 'worldy' will often occur or a slip or a poor decision, then I doubt it will win enough games. Thats the nature of football. Our team is good but not good enough to be sure of the defence whilst profligate in attack.

If that says something about my outlook, I hope it says I am realistic.

Totally agree with this. Thu this thread is like many on here. Somejne says something that could be taken in more than one way, and more than likely it is taken in a way that creates a black/white argument. As you say it is totally possible to be delighted by three wins,happy that we are playing better, happy that we are creating chances but at the same time concerned at how few goals we score from those opportunities.

If after 18 games we really are as bad as some would have us believe , do you think we would be sitting where we are ?
We are fast approaching half way and this should have given the so called 'superior teams' ample time to be way ahead of us , but they're not.
We are far from the finished article , but then neither are anyone else in this Division.

Btw , I know Hursts ball to Worrall was a 'worldy' for the 2nd goal but I thought Corr played a great one for the first goal also.[/

Phil's Roots Hall record is decidedly average which explains the pessimism by others and myself.

The 35 league games at the Hall have produced 15 wins 12 draws and 8 defeats scoring a mere 39 goals!

105 points were available yet we managed 57!

I have attended around 25 of those games and IMO we have been awful in far too many.

How did White do at LB? I wonder what Phil will do with the defence for the Northampton game, we have a lot of options now...don't change a winning team? or play everyone in their more natural positions?

White was good, Bolger was good (except for the foul in the penalty box) and Thommo had a good game. I'm not a fan of Prosser so will leave others to comment.

Do you change the defence? A very good question. I think there is a better back 4 combination from the players we have and Northampton have scored quite a lot of goals this season ........... I suspect that sort of decision is what Brown gets paid for.

So people still moan that the tactic is to score 1 and defend the lead .... After a game we went 2-0 up in. Brilliant, flawless logic there.

We are in League 2, we will never pummel teams like Chelsea do or score 100 goals a season like Man City. It does amaze me the level of expectation some people have. 3 league wins in a row, great of wait we didn't win by 5 or have 90% possession in every game? BROWN OUT!!

Btw , I know Hursts ball to Worrall was a 'worldy' for the 2nd goal but I thought Corr played a great one for the first goal also.[/

Phil's Roots Hall record is decidedly average which explains the pessimism by others and myself.

The 35 league games at the Hall have produced 15 wins 12 draws and 8 defeats scoring a mere 39 goals!

105 points were available yet we managed 57!

I have attended around 25 of those games and IMO we have been awful in far too many.
Sturrock has same stats in that away form was better than home, means that a lot of people don't get to see the good games. In terms of success of the team though half of the games are away and they have the same amount of points available as the home games.

Is there any need to get personal?

You can NEVER say Corr would have scored it, unless you can travel to a parallel world where the defender didn't put into his own net.

If you read all my posts on this thread, you will see I have said we are looking more attack minded with Worrall and Payne in the team. That is a positive comment. Stop looking to pull me apart because you are being personal in everything I post.

There are quite a few posters with the same view as me that have posted on this thread. Why is that? Nothing to do with the Ched Evans thread by any chance? You targeted me on there too because I didn't have the same opinion as you. You have made SZ personal and that is a shame
Laughable - you have hounded me plenty of times, I'm surprised if you don't recall that. This was hardly personal it was an OTT spoof characterisation - just a cheap gag, no one really thinks I saw you on Oxford Street.

Laughable - you have hounded me plenty of times, I'm surprised if you don't recall that. This was hardly personal it was an OTT spoof characterisation - just a cheap gag, no one really thinks I saw you on Oxford Street.

So even though I've been positive on this thread, you choose to ignore that and say I'm being negative...very odd behaviour. I don't see you remarking on those posts that are actually negative ones from other posters on here.

So where are these plenty of times I have hounded you?

Game should have been completely over at half time such was our domination. In truth by the end we could have won 6-0 or lost 3-2. We are yet again not taking our chances. Bolger's, confidence must be on the floor and as such he is a liability,but, only, continued matchplay will correct this. Poor BBBC is absolutely shot by the role he is being asked to play. He has neither the fitness, speed or energy and also did't win many headers against poor central defenders. Worrall, Payne, Timlin & Prosser can take real credit from their performances. 3 points is 3 points and I am grateful for that but a lot of what I saw in the 2nd half frustrated and infuriated me. The ref was 5/10 at best, did'nt give them or us the 2 pens that were obvious. MOTM their no.4.

White was good, Bolger was good (except for the foul in the penalty box) and Thommo had a good game. I'm not a fan of Prosser so will leave others to comment.

Do you change the defence? A very good question. I think there is a better back 4 combination from the players we have and Northampton have scored quite a lot of goals this season ........... I suspect that sort of decision is what Brown gets paid for.
Yeah I think it's a tough decision, I think Brown will stick with the winning starting line up as he tends to do (which is understandable). Still, bit too early to think about next Saturday and I'll just enjoy an away win for now, which isn't easy to come by no matter who you play in this league.

So even though I've been positive on this thread, you choose to ignore that and say I'm being negative...very odd behaviour. I don't see you remarking on those posts that are actually negative ones from other posters on here.

So where are these plenty of times I have hounded you?
I haven't really registered what you were saying on the rest of the thread tbh and someone like Mrs Blue I don't comment on. I only noted the Corr think because it was a short post so the point registered easily, and because you were arguing against OBLs point so I was kinda sticking up for her. If you have been positive other than that then I apologise for the 'End is nigh' characature. Was just a joke really.

The one that stuck in my mind was when I was saying that Freddy had a good goal per game record for a short time last year and you decided my wording was wrong and we went round and round in circles for ages then you claimed a classic fail. A mod told you to wind your neck in and you admitted it was OTT as you were bored. Watershed moment!

Back