• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United manager Phil Brown fears Gary Deegan could leave

I like Deegan but let's be honest the reason he was only on a short term deal was because of question marks over his consistency, we gave him a chance and now he's talking to other clubs, nice way to repay PB for showing faith.

On balance I would say PB got it right with the initial deal, he hasn't performed so well recently so no great loss if he goes.

No, it was because Michael Timlin was injured.

We have some inexperienced forwards that PB is not taking a chance with and one very experienced forward PB has not wanted to utilise. We have Weston, a midfielder that is a forward wannabe, who when offered a good scoring opportunity his anal sphincter flaps like a clapping sea-lion. He probably thinks it is the crowd applauding behind him.

Then we have Coulthirst, a Tottenham unlikely, that was loaned out in lg1 last season and did so well he got loaned to lg2 in the same season. This season he progressed so much he got loaned to lg2 again. I personally suspect he will be a proficient non-league player in the future.

That leaves us BBBC. Some love him. He is not at his best and cannot be relied on for every game. Even if continually selected he will have those matches where its suggested, 'he clearly had back worries' or 'He looked like he could hardly jump.' Corr can do some useful bits but for me undoes it with his constant, needless fouling, shirt pulling etc that gives away possession cheaply in the last third.

So for me, unless we bring in a new face or two to take up the forward mantle, then promotion is way, way beyond us. There are a number of teams who will not be as charitable as the bottom clubs and will either prevent us from scoring our one goal or outscore us. Now back to those with the rose tinted glasses.

We have some inexperienced forwards that PB is not taking a chance with and one very experienced forward PB has not wanted to utilise. We have Weston, a midfielder that is a forward wannabe, who when offered a good scoring opportunity his anal sphincter flaps like a clapping sea-lion. He probably thinks it is the crowd applauding behind him.

Then we have Coulthirst, a Tottenham unlikely, that was loaned out in lg1 last season and did so well he got loaned to lg2 in the same season. This season he progressed so much he got loaned to lg2 again. I personally suspect he will be a proficient non-league player in the future.

That leaves us BBBC. Some love him. He is not at his best and cannot be relied on for every game. Even if continually selected he will have those matches where its suggested, 'he clearly had back worries' or 'He looked like he could hardly jump.' Corr can do some useful bits but for me undoes it with his constant, needless fouling, shirt pulling etc that gives away possession cheaply in the last third.

So for me, unless we bring in a new face or two to take up the forward mantle, then promotion is way, way beyond us. There are a number of teams who will not be as charitable as the bottom clubs and will either prevent us from scoring our one goal or outscore us. Now back to those with the rose tinted glasses.

Another good post from your good self and again I agree with every word.

Either Brown is truly an appalling manager or him and Ron have declared Defo no promotion this season???

Barry IMO is brave as a lion but sadly his body cannot continue with the battering it takes week in week out .
Coulthirst I cannot see what he brings to the team at all.

The above are our only forwards available it's almost pure comedy.

Another good post from your good self and again I agree with every word.

Either Brown is truly an appalling manager or him and Ron have declared Defo no promotion this season???

Barry IMO is brave as a lion but sadly his body cannot continue with the battering it takes week in week out .
Coulthirst I cannot see what he brings to the team at all.

The above are our only forwards available it's almost pure comedy.

Blimey if we dont want promotion and are 5th we will walk this league when we do want it.:smile:

Id be surprised if we dont bring in another striker on loan, it would absurd not to.

The official site says that Deegan has signed. Have I missed something on here or is that news in another thread?

Forget about signing forwards I demand at least 3 more midfielders:hilarious::hilarious:

Back