• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My earliest memories are Dave Smith so unfair on me to comment on previous managers.
Loved Smithy, Webb and Tilly at different times. Judas Fry at the time was great too.
Paul Clark in my opinion was overlooked for the times he stepped in and he impressed.

Not fit for a statue Bobby Moore (great bloke just didn't work out)
Bate,Thompson,Fry,Whelan.

In truth no one manager stands out enough imo to warrant a statue

SID BLOOMFIELD is the true legend amongst these names.

Those unaware of who is was and what he did should be ashamed

I cannot think of a more apt statue to be put at FF than Sid himself.

toughy. Tilly definitely, Webb absolutely. who has been our most successful manager? maybe our first manager should be the statue and the 'hall of famers' commemorated across the top of the stands

Lets no forget Tilson was a great player for us as well. If there was ever going to be a statue to anyone it would habe to be Tily.

Im sorry, as much as Tilson was a decent manager he was by no means a great player. A lot if the time he never even made the starting 11. He was a decent player at best.

Im sorry, as much as Tilson was a decent manager he was by no means a great player. A lot if the time he never even made the starting 11. He was a decent player at best.

How the hell did he win player of the millenium then? :smile:

He was a key part of our promotion team in 1990/91.

How the hell did he win player of the millenium then? :smile:

He was a key part of our promotion team in 1990/91.

Ive no idea, I wouldn't say he was a key part, Butler, Martin, Powell, Austin, Sansome, Angell, Benji, Prior! scully were all far more key. Look, he was decent .... Not great that's what I'm saying. Make a negative comment about Tilly on here and people get all anal about it.

Ive no idea, I wouldn't say he was a key part, Butler, Martin, Powell, Austin, Sansome, Angell, Benji, Prior! scully were all far more key. Look, he was decent .... Not great that's what I'm saying. Make a negative comment about Tilly on here and people get all anal about it.

I remember him being very good that season. The likes of Butler and Martin were the engine but Tilson the creative outlet. Will never forget the goal against Grimsby.

He may not have been Otto or Collymore but he was still good.

There's one thing about being defensive about negative comments, but you said a lot of the time he never even made the starting 11 and from memory he started most of the games the year we went up. It was when we were in the 1st Division he moved more onto the bench.

I remember him being very good that season. The likes of Butler and Martin were the engine but Tilson the creative outlet. Will never forget the goal against Grimsby.

There's one thing about being defensive about negative comments, but you said a lot of the time he never even made the starting 11 and from memory he started most of the games the year we went up. It was when we were in the 1st Division he moved more onto the bench.

Thats the point though, I'm not talking about one season, surely his career. And on that basis he was not a great player. That's my opinion, I respect yours, guess we just see it differently.

Tilly would be by far the best candidate for a statue. How many clubs have an individual who achieved back to back promotions with them as a player and then a manager? With regard to the relegations whilst he was in charge it is unfair to hold him responsible for these. In the Championship we were out of our depth resource-wise, we were like Burnley are in the Premier League now. In our relegation from League One we were mid table going into the new year, then Ron stopped paying everyone and it all went pear shaped.

The statue could be of Tilly in familiar pose on the touch line with his arms folded :smile:

Tilly would be by far the best candidate for a statue. How many clubs have an individual who achieved back to back promotions with them as a player and then a manager? With regard to the relegations whilst he was in charge it is unfair to hold him responsible for these. In the Championship we were out of our depth resource-wise, we were like Burnley are in the Premier League now. In our relegation from League One we were mid table going into the new year, then Ron stopped paying everyone and it all went pear shaped.

The statue could be of Tilly in familiar pose on the touch line with his arms folded :smile:

If there were to be a statue of Tilly, it would be as a player. Great footballing servant who was let go when he shouldn't have

Back