• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hmm, Marc Richards, doesn't he usually fare well against us ?

Yes he has scored a few against us. Think he part of a prolific partnership at Port a Vale with another lad called Richards I think, a black guy.

He has scored against us, but only a couple in a about a dozen appearances, one back in 2010/11 and one in 2005/2006.

Having a decent season so one to keep an eye on.

Looking forward to the game....four on the spin would be excellent. Barney replacing corr maybe thanks to his goals at stevenage???

He isnt due back until Monday if its a month ? That said, it says 4 weeks and this weekend would be the 5th Saturday, but he would be back with us already if that was the case?

Toney won't be there
Ivan Toney is off to Wolves. Today on loan until January then he will sign a permanent deal. Fee is around £600k which could then rise to a million with add-onns.

Toney won't be there
Ivan Toney is off to Wolves. Today on loan until January then he will sign a permanent deal. Fee is around £600k which could then rise to a million with add-onns.

So I guess Northampton can build a nice squad with that windfall.

Not really decided how I feel about Cresswell yet. Seems like a decent bloke and as I say heads everything, but his lack of ability to even put the ball anywhere near our own players is an issue. Also he is super slow! Would like him to be part of a back 3 when we go 3-5-2. Expect him to get at least 5 goals this season, he has 2 already.

If I were you I wouldn't have forgiven him for scoring an injury time equaliser at your place a few seasons back.

Any permanent move for O'Toole would likely involve a big pay cut, there's no way we'd cover his contract. With any luck he'll be back to you lot come January.....

We wouldn't need to. Northampton will have to pay off at least a portion of his contract. That is probably why they're saying he's overweight. That way they can argue he doesn't deserve too much from them because he isn't keeping his side of the bargain.

Indeed it does look like Toney will be leaving us today. Gutted that A) hes leaving at all B) he likely wont be loaned back to us and C) likely wont be reinvested into the squad.

Id love us to sign some non league young talent but its not going to happen.

Fair play to Ivan though, he has been brilliant for us since he came into the team, not sure he is ready for the championship yet though!

Certainly weakens us for the weekend though. Im assuming either Alex Nicholls or Emile Sinclair will start. Both have pace, only one can finish, Nicholls.

Indeed it does look like Toney will be leaving us today. Gutted that A) hes leaving at all B) he likely wont be loaned back to us and C) likely wont be reinvested into the squad.

Id love us to sign some non league young talent but its not going to happen.

Fair play to Ivan though, he has been brilliant for us since he came into the team, not sure he is ready for the championship yet though!

Certainly weakens us for the weekend though. Im assuming either Alex Nicholls or Emile Sinclair will start. Both have pace, only one can finish, Nicholls.

Best go with Sinclair then.......................:winking:

I see Nichols has gone on loan to Exeter.
Does that mean Toney didn't leave ?

Not really decided how I feel about Cresswell yet. Seems like a decent bloke and as I say heads everything, but his lack of ability to even put the ball anywhere near our own players is an issue. Also he is super slow!

Are we talking about the same Bryan Cresswell? Thick, curly ginger hair with knock knees and a tattoo of Southend pier?

Not really decided how I feel about Cresswell yet. Seems like a decent bloke and as I say heads everything, but his lack of ability to even put the ball anywhere near our own players is an issue. Also he is super slow! Would like him to be part of a back 3 when we go 3-5-2. Expect him to get at least 5 goals this season, he has 2 already.

Creswells goals were useful, our centre-backs havn,t got one between them all season! This has been one of our problems.

Expecting Ivan to start for us this arvo. Hope we play Hackett and Mohamed, would give us a real threat down both flanks! Fwiw, I also rate Cresswell quite highly.

Any views on O'Toole being allowed to play against you? Can't say I'd be too happy if the shoe was on the other foot.

Back