• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United close to completing loan signing of John-Joe O'Toole from Northampton

No wonder Phil Brown's not that bothered about Deegan leaving.
O'Toole seems the type that plays his best football with plenty of goals from midfield when he feels really good at a club. He obviously didn't feel that at Northampton. Lets hope he likes it at Southend.

As mentioned in the other threat, I really am not concerned by the prospect of coming up against John-Joe, he really hasn't done it this season. Would be interested to see if Brown can get the best out of him, as he seems not bothered by the criticism he has taken very publicly by Wilder. Even mentioned him being overweight. Hope your covering all his wages although I doubt it!

Not needed and not a very welcome addition either in my book. One thing we've always seemed to have had in recent years is an excellent team spirit, you have to wonder what a character like that coming into the dressing room will do for morale.

Not happy.

Used to really rate this guy but seems like a bad apple. He's allegedly unfit in an area we have cover, I'd rather see Clifford given a run of games. Not impressed by this signing

We've got f-all strikers and Mr Browny Brain signs another midfielder - one that seemingly is a bad apple. :nope:

I will give him a chance but not getting my hopes up about this one. I honestly hope he proves me wrong, years ago I would of been so excited to see us signing him. Now after years of his bad attitude have made him a less attractive signing, do we need him? Not really but will he make an impact? Only time will tell us that. Brave signing Brown this will be make or break.

I know a lot of our fans didn't want him here, but we should give him a chance and our full backing. Yes he seems an oddball, and sometimes a bit of an a hole. Apparently, he even dresses weird. This happens in football and in life, we're not all the same. If Phil Brown can handle him correctly and get the best out of him, then he will be a massive asset. He could end up scoring more than all our strikers, even tho playing in midfield.
So let's give him a clean slate and get behind him.

Clifford, Leonard (injury permitting), Timlin, Payne (possibly not his best position), Deegan (if contract renewed), Atkinson, do we really need another one? That's 7 players in central midfield, yet we only have 2 out and out strikers at the club and don't seem in a rush to get another

Like I said in the other thread, I think he's a good player and could benefit us if his head is screwed on. Let's judge him after a few games.

Clifford, Leonard (injury permitting), Timlin, Payne (possibly not his best position), Deegan (if contract renewed), Atkinson, do we really need another one? That's 7 players in central midfield, yet we only have 2 out and out strikers at the club and don't seem in a rush to get another

I have heard a striker is on his way in very soon.

Quite refreshing to see supporters of any club not build up a loan signing.. To be honest for once it's good we're not expecting too much.

We all know he's a good player, he'd played in the Premier League and he's probably only down in L2 due to his reputation for being a bit of an 'oddball'. With regards team morale, meh.. there's no point us sitting here typing away thats he's going to upset the applecart, for who knows, he may be a positive and welcomed addition.

He's a decent player, he'll have my support and who knows he may suprise a few.

He had a great season with Bristol Rovers and if we got that player then great, but he hasnt done anything at Northampton.

The strange thing is we have an attacking midfielder in Payne so no idea how we will be using O'Toole.

EDIT: Just seen Leonard is out, makes a little more sense....

Another midfielder!,Jeez I have lost the plot .

So this team which find it hard to score now sign a guy who had(without checking) 60 plus games for Col U and scored twice.

You cannot make it up.

Another midfielder!,Jeez I have lost the plot .

So this team which find it hard to score now sign a guy who had(without checking) 60 plus games for Col U and scored twice.

You cannot make it up.

Funny how you skip his goalscoring record with Rovers last season when he scored 12.

Whether that was a one off remains to be seen, he certainly hasnt impressed the Cobblers.....

Funny how you skip his goalscoring record with Rovers last season when he scored 12.

Whether that was a one off remains to be seen, he certainly hasnt impressed the Cobblers.....

Barney hasn't impressed here but has scored a few at Stevenage. Maybe O'Toole will be suited at Southend and we will see the best of him?

Back