• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Hughes

Still desperately upset about this 15 hours after hearing the news. RIP Phillip Hughes.

An interesting piece has made its way onto the Shrimper Chit Chat - Should Southend United do anything in honour of Phil Hughes? e.g. clap in the 63rd minute. What do you think?

Agree with you here Muse. Took this news hard yesterday and today I still feel particularly gloomy and downbeat.

Without trying to sound callous, not for me, he isn't anything to do with either Southend or football. The Cricket community should give him the appropriate tributes.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect us to hold any tribute for Phil Hughes in the same way I wouldn't expect the South Australia cricket team to commemorate the death of a fringe England footballer like Stewart Downing for example. I find the whole grief mongering bit that's quite present in football at the moment very bizarre. Minutes silence/applause are being banded around cheaper than England caps in the late 80s.

Read this on Facebook, just lovely!

As he walked towards the heavens gates, he stood there all alone and turned his face back to the world,and the country he had called home He saw the tear stained faces that spanned Australia wide for the little bloke from Macksville who tragically had died. He spun to face Saint Peter, with his cap and bat in hand he asked "Please don't let my friends and family suffer, just help them if you can." Saint Peter embraced the saddened man and held him strong and true, "They'll never be alone, my son, they'll forever still have you. Although you had to leave them, and that world you did depart, a piece of you forever remains in each of their sad hearts." As Hughes had turned to enter heaven through the stunning golden gate a voice yelled from the shadows, "Come over here now mate!" Bradman stood there grinning, with a bat and ball in hand. He put his arm around Phil's shoulder and said, "You're up to bat young man". RIP Phillip
Written by Marilyn Mick Mills

Back