• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Santa zones out on Shrimps

Barry.C

Manager⭐⭐
From the 13th December to the 3rd of January we play 5 games. In this critical Xmas 3 week period the following are our opponents:

13th. Wycombe. Away. 19th. Burton. Home. 26th. Cambridge. Away. 28th. Dagenham. Home

and. 3rd. Jan. Northampton. Away

A total of 15 points is available. I have made my donation to Shrimperzone but am prepared to double it in the name of the winner who can predict the outcome of our Santa season.

Your task should you choose to accept it ,
1. How many points will we get and WHY
2. As a result where will we sit in he table
3.as the clincher in case of a tie, How many goals will we score.?

As indicated in the name of the winner I pledge to double my subscription to the Zone.

my shout is that on current form we will surprise Wycombe, bogey side Burton ( 1 point? )draw at Cambridge, beat Dagenham and draw at Northampton
total 9 points from 15. 4th spot and 10 goals scored..?

you have until 12th to form a view .

Wycombe - WIN
Burton - DRAW
Cambridge - LOSS
Dagenham - DRAW
Northampton - WIN

8 points from those 5, leaving us in 6th place. Scoring 5 goals in the process.

Wycombe 2-2 DRAW
Burton 2-1 WIN
Cambridge 1-0 WIN
Dagenham 3-1 WIN
Northampton 1-1 DRAW

A respectable 11 points moving us up to 3rd and scoring 9 goals.

Great idea, well done!

Wycombe - Draw

Burton - Win
Cambridge - Win
Dagenham - Win
Northampton - Lose

10 points to put us 4th. Scoring 8 goals.

Wycombe - DRAW
Burton - LOSS
Cambridge - WIN
Dagenham - WIN
Northampton - WIN

10 points, 4th place, 6 goals.

Positive stuff folks!! despite all the comings and goings spirits are high. So far only 3 defeats out of 25 predictions made. Chapperz surprisingly at the lower Scrooge end ,Westander already got his tree up with a blo-dy great shrimp stuck on the top? Who will win the Grandmeister Diviner award?? Personally I think I will!!

Positive stuff folks!! despite all the comings and goings spirits are high. So far only 3 defeats out of 25 predictions made. Chapperz surprisingly at the lower Scrooge end ,Westander already got his tree up with a blo-dy great shrimp stuck on the top? Who will win the Grandmeister Diviner award?? Personally I think I will!!

Ok Bazza

win
win
draw
win
win
scoring 14 and 2nd.

Get in Mrs. B you are high on Xmas and already seeing little green elves, fairies , the Jolly Green Giant and a fat bloke in a red suite with children on his knee singing two little Boys???

Cheers buffalo mildly less Scroogy on the points total and goals than Chapperz, interested that you don't see us winning any of the first 3 Xmas "specials"!

LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS
LOSS

No goals scored leaving us in a mess and seeking a new manager. :winking:

Happy Christmas. (I hope I am totally wrong!)

Wycombe LOSE
Burton DRAW
Cambridge DRAW
Dagenham LOSE
Northampton DRAW

We've won 5 on the bounce. Either we're the best team in the league or we're about to find our level. This sequence would put us at 5-3-2 over the last 10 games, which is about our level. I generally fancy us more away from home with a more supportive crowd and more opportunity to counter attack.

Cheers wally and rib, thats dampened the xmas spirit a bit but cheers for having a go, forgive me if I hope you are both miles of the mark, but good luck, , you never know with our win 6 lose 6 capabilty.

Cheers wally and rib, thats dampened the xmas spirit a bit but cheers for having a go, forgive me if I hope you are both miles of the mark, but good luck, , you never know with our win 6 lose 6 capabilty.
I'd be delighted if I'm 100% wrong but I've supported SUFC for so long now that I always believe a disaster is just around the corner!

So far with just 9 days to go until the rush of 5 Xmas games, the mood remains fairly positive about our return of a possible maximum 15 points.
Heres how you view it

Wycombe Away.....4 predict a win, 4 think a draw, 2 think we lose
Burton Home......... Win 3 , Draw 4, Lose 3
cambridge away..... win 4' Draw 3, Lose 3
DAgenham....Home.. Win 7 , Draw 1, lose 2
Northampton. away.... win 4, Draw 4' Lose 2

Chapperz thinks we will end up .6th after the 5 games and Mrs B second. On average you think we will score 8.3 goals over the 5 games. is point 3 a near miss?.

To support Shrimperzone further , have ago, How do think we will do? From here in in, I will pledge another 10p for every new entry who attempts to be soothsayer of the year! Make me pay!

Wycombe Away - Lose 2 - 0
Burton Home - Win 1 - 0
Cambridge - Draw 1 - 1
Dagenham - Win 2- 0
Northampton Win 2 - 1
Think we will end up 4th.

Thank you to all of you who have had a crack at predicting our next 5 key Xmas games. Please have a go at showing your predictive , football knowledge if you can spare a few minutes? I would not wish to detract from our main site reminder about contributing to keep our site running, but I would be pleased to cough up additional funding on behalf of everyone who has a go.

Back