• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Based on him coming second in the players' player of the year, so are the rest of the squad.

I'm not saying he's a bad or unpopular player. I'm saying he's a limited L2 level right back who has played well for us (and also played poorly for us) and if there was the opportunity to upgrade, then why not.

If Brown wants to stick with White to ensure we have a stable squad and captain then fine, but I think White would benefit from some genuine competition and could still look to improve on parts of his game.

Last edited:
I'm not saying his a bad or unpopular player. I'm saying he's a limited L2 level right back who has played well for us (and also played poorly for us) and if there was the opportunity to upgrade, then why not.

If Brown wants to stick with White to ensure we have a stable squad and captain then fine, but I think White would benefit from some genuine competition and could still look to improve on parts of his game.

I didn't read anything into what you posted, I just pointed out PB isn't the only fan of JW's.

However, on a more serious note. WTF?

I'm not saying his a bad or unpopular player.

If we go up no thanks, if we stay down then yes it would be a good move to help push for promotion next season.

Last edited:
He had a 2 year deal at the WHCS but his contracted was terminated with a year left on his deal after several bust ups with the new manager, apparently a bad influence in the dressing room he and Sanchez Watt have been training with the youth team for the last 2 months.

At least as good defensively and much better in an attacking sense.

I think he'd add more balance to our team. Without the old combo of White+Hurst, we seem to be a bit one sided at present.

But Brown seems to be a big John White fan so I don't think he'll be looking to upgrade at right back. At least some competition for White would be decent.

Brown isn't the only one. White missing recently has shown how much he is missed in defence. Lenny has done well, no doubt about that, but he's not got White's ability to read a situation, or the ability to drop into CB. He also puts a mean cross in on a regular basis. I am continually amazed at how seemingly sensible supporters fail to notice the difference he makes to the team.

Brown isn't the only one. White missing recently has shown how much he is missed in defence. Lenny has done well, no doubt about that, but he's not got White's ability to read a situation, or the ability to drop into CB. He also puts a mean cross in on a regular basis. I am continually amazed at how seemingly sensible supporters fail to notice the difference he makes to the team.

Leonard hasn't played right back for years. It's no surprise he's not quite been up to White's standards, even though he has played well.

I don't think it's fair to criticise Leonard's reading of the game, some of his last ditch tackles (Bury and Morecambe) were superb, and not down to him being out of position in the first place.

White makes a difference to the team because we don't have any other right backs on our books. When he's out he's clearly going to be missed.

Leonard hasn't played right back for years. It's no surprise he's not quite been up to White's standards, even though he has played well.

I don't think it's fair to criticise Leonard's reading of the game, some of his last ditch tackles (Bury and Morecambe) were superb, and not down to him being out of position in the first place.

White makes a difference to the team because we don't have any other right backs on our books. When he's out he's clearly going to be missed.

I'm not really criticising Lenny as such. Our defenders are versatile and play a number of positions, Thompson can also play RB but he is currently injured. White is the most versatile in that he is able to play in any of the positions across the back 4.

Sturrock will assemble a good squad with a lot of previous players but it's no coincidence that he fails to control his players and fails to rule with an iron fist. Discipline issues on and off the pitch cost us promotion in at least two seasons under PS.

If if he signs bad eggs like Clohessy I fear this may be the case again

Sturrock will assemble a good squad with a lot of previous players but it's no coincidence that he fails to control his players and fails to rule with an iron fist. Discipline issues on and off the pitch cost us promotion in at least two seasons under PS.

Clohessy wasn't a bad egg was he?

Apart from that one Ryan Hall incident, I don't think Clohessy was ever a "bad egg"? As one of the senior players at Col U, I think maybe he let his feelings known more than he should have, but, as he respects Sturrock I don't think the same problems will arise.

Signed for Concord Rangers of the Conference South. He’s actually heading back up the leagues again having just spent a season with Leatherhead in the Isthmian.

Still only 31 years old and another example of what happens when you let a greedy agent ruin your career.

Back