• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TJC

Muppet⭐
Saw a letter today that told season ticket holders that park in Prospects car park that, due to 'unforeseen circumstances' will be closed after today's match. They will be relocated to main car park from the next home game.
Can we hazard a guess as to what the unforeseen circumstance is? Master Bates throwing a paddy? Has he sold it to someone (rumoured it might be Lidl or Aldi?)
Could be something completely benign, but with all that is (or is not) going on recently ...

Saw a letter today that told season ticket holders that park in Prospects car park that, due to 'unforeseen circumstances' will be closed after today's match. They will be relocated to main car park from the next home game.
Can we hazard a guess as to what the unforeseen circumstance is? Master Bates throwing a paddy? Has he sold it to someone (rumoured it might be Lidl or Aldi?)
Could be something completely benign, but with all that is (or is not) going on recently ...

I tweeted yesterday that I was told before the game by a very reliable source that prospects has been sold and the land purchased by Lidels. My source is involved in retail management and at various stages has been involved with Sainsburys. He has hinted this would happen for a while and in his words the whole Sainsburys project is now dead and the whole future of the club is in a very serious place. The club only hired prospects on a month to month basis so that would explain why after yesterday and with the sale of the site that it can no longer be used

This, exactly.

I just can't get my head around the fact that any professional football club manager surely would have done his homework and if the club looked even remotely like going to the wall wouldn't have signed a new contract. Yes I know RM is going tell him what he wants to hear but come on, with contacts and money there are always ways and means to find out what's going on behind the scenes of any company. IF PB has signed purely on the words of RM then he really is a monumental fool.

My own personal opinion is that together with the point I've made above and the fact we seem to have come into some money from somewhere lately I just don't see the club being on the brink of oblivion. What is the point of RM giving PB the means to bolster the squad in order to get out of this Godforsaken league if it's inevitable the club goes bust anyway.

If, as we have been led to believe, Sainsburys failed to complete 4 or 5 times to buy Prospects you can hardly blame the owner for selling.

I find it quite iRONic that , if true, Lidls will use the very building that was to be demolished to allow access to the whole Sainsburys site, hence blocking the entrance for the big project.

As I said the guy that told me it was Lidels knows exactly what is going on, believe it or not!

Lidls is NOT going there, they aren't going to buy a property with a CPO hanging over it!!! :headbang:

Lidls is NOT going there, they aren't going to buy a property with a CPO hanging over it!!! :headbang:

It still could be LIDL. They wouldn't be the first supermarket to buy a piece of land/property and just leave it for selling on at a profit if they don't decide to build a retail outlet.

Does this mean that we will be unable to use the steps down from the main car park to exit on foot?

Does this mean that we will be unable to use the steps down from the main car park to exit on foot?

I would expect so. I don't know the car park myself so it depends on if the pathway needs the main gates to be open.

Hopefully RM has bought it and will tell Sainsburys they can cough up considerably more to compensate their delaying matters. It would be the first time in a long time that RM had prospects.

I would expect so. I don't know the car park myself so it depends on if the pathway needs the main gates to be open.

Yes it would need the main gates to be open to exit on foot. It now means that fans will have to exit via the main entrance by the club shop and walk around the block past the shops and turn left at the traffic lights.

Yes it would need the main gates to be open to exit on foot. It now means that fans will have to exit via the main entrance by the club shop and walk around the block past the shops and turn left at the traffic lights.

No, I think the bottom exit onto Vic Ave is usually open to the left of St Marys flats. Or, if you just hang about a bit, the exit onto Fairfax for away supporters is open by the time we get to our car!

If, as we have been led to believe, Sainsburys failed to complete 4 or 5 times to buy Prospects you can hardly blame the owner for selling.

I find it quite iRONic that , if true, Lidls will use the very building that was to be demolished to allow access to the whole Sainsburys site, hence blocking the entrance for the big project.

Didn't Prospects effectively get something like a half a million quid every time Sainsburys failed to complete though? Sounds like a great deal.

I overheard that the club are searching for ground share options, with Col Ewe, Gillingham, Leyton Orient and Dagenham and Redbridge having been approached.

I overheard that the club are searching for ground share options, with Col Ewe, Gillingham, Leyton Orient and Dagenham and Redbridge having been approached.

If you said Dagenham , I may have believed it. But once you mention clubs that are many miles away, then no way. Gillingham is definitely a no no.

Back