• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe Roman Abramovich is seeking out an affiliate club or looking at developing a smaller local club and turning them into a world dominant force. That has to be more likely than Fossetts going ahead?

Clutching at straws theory number 1.

Prospects has been bought by a company/person/both associated directly/indirectly with the redevelopment of RH AND FF and the car park etc has been closed to make room for forthcoming demolition/building contractor temporary site space for offices/accommodation/secure site storage area.

Feel free to rip it to shreds :D

The gang of four: Martin Terry, Ian Gilbert, Ron Woodley and Graham Longley. Though I appreciate RM and Sainsburys may withhold sensitive information, I do expect our elected representatives to be open and frank. Where is a council statement a) Outlining their personal view of the proposed FF project and b) Their feelings about the current situation. Come on, 'fess up!

3061551.jpg

Its a private development, one of which they have fully supported from day one.

What exactly do you think they can say or do?

Clutching at straws theory number 1.

Prospects has been bought by a company/person/both associated directly/indirectly with the redevelopment of RH AND FF and the car park etc has been closed to make room for forthcoming demolition/building contractor temporary site space for offices/accommodation/secure site storage area.

Feel free to rip it to shreds :D

Would love it to be true, but sorry makes no sense. If it was bought by us it wouldnt be closed and there would be an announcement.

All very odd. One thing I would say is there have been hints over the past couple of months that the club is in a healthier financial position than it has been in several years.

Money paid upfront and before the transfer window for the purchase of certain players?

All very odd. One thing I would say is there have been hints over the past couple of months that the club is in a healthier financial position than it has been in several years.

Example one: The payment of a transfer fee for Cian Bolger
Example two: Brown letting slip a couple of weeks back when signing JJOT that "we're in a stronger financial position now"
Example three: Ron dipping his hand in his pocked to subsidise coach and tickets for Wycombe.

Clearly something is going on. As we don't know who the buyer is for Prospects, it's easy to assume it's all doom and gloom, but the actions of Ron at the moment are not those of a chairman worried about the financial future.

Whats also possible is now the project is not moving Ron doesnt have to spend any money on it so has more for SUFC again?

If the project isn't moving then Ron Martin shouldn't have any money to put into anything.

If the project isn't moving then Ron Martin shouldn't have any money to put into anything.

Not sure that's the case - he still owns one the most valuable pieces of land in the area, if Sainsburys don't want it I imagine plenty of others will, probably for housing.

All just guessing and speculation but he may well have had an operating fund for expenses regarding the move which he no longer needs.

There is certainly more cash in the club than before and the fact it coincides with the ground grinding to a halt makes me think thats why.

Not sure that's the case - he still owns one the most valuable pieces of land in the area, if Sainsburys don't want it I imagine plenty of others will, probably for housing.

That wouldnt mean he has any extra cash at the moment though.

Apparently Woodley states in the Echo..The **** known as R.Martin said (Ok well he missed the expletive off) "the new stadium could still go ahead without Sainsburys", but would not give more details. Make of that what you will.

I did tweet on Saturday that someone who works very closely to Sainsburys and is in the know suggested that it is fact Lidl that have purchased Prospects.

Apparently Woodley states in the Echo..The **** known as R.Martin said (Ok well he missed the expletive off) "the new stadium could still go ahead without Sainsburys", but would not give more details. Make of that what you will.

Quite by chance I bumped into RM yesterday afternoon in London, I broke the ice by thanking him for the gesture regarding the Wycombe tickets and we had a quick chat about that. I then asked a couple of questions about the stadium, he said the following:

• No need to worry about Prospects being sold to somebody else
  • The easing up on lending means he is now in a position to proceed with the stadium WITHOUT Sainsbury's
  • He will be making an exciting announcement today, not directly linked to the stadium itself, but about "investing in youth" - he didn't ask me not to tell anyone, so he said he's buying the former London Soccerdome (which is closed and the site being redeveloped for housing) - so I guess that means one or both of the 3G pitches and possibly also the big tent thing over the top. Apparently West Ham wanted it, but we got it!

He seemed very relaxed and in good spirits.

Quite by chance I bumped into RM yesterday afternoon in London, I broke the ice by thanking him for the gesture regarding the Wycombe tickets and we had a quick chat about that. I then asked a couple of questions about the stadium, he said the following:

• The easing up on lending means he is now in a position to proceed with the stadium WITHOUT Sainsbury's
  • He will be making an exciting announcement today, not directly linked to the stadium itself, but about "investing in youth" - he didn't ask me not to tell anyone, so he said he's buying the former London Soccerdome (which is closed and the site being redeveloped for housing) - so I guess that means one or both of the 3G pitches and possibly also the big tent thing over the top. Apparently West Ham wanted it, but we got it!

Wow yes if he can afford to buy that then he must have enough cash to get our stadium started.

No reason for anymore stadium delays get building now Ron.

Wow, you may just have broken incredible news there. Maybe there is a plan B after all.

First of all, to substantiate this, could you confirm, did he have a clipboard with him?

That’s intriguing, only shut down last month for what was believed to be housing. Are we talking a scaled down version along side the housing? It is such an expensive area that I’d be really surprised, would be great to have recruiting presence in East London though, a lot of young talent in that area. Await this announcement with baited breath.

Back