• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deluded Optimist

Schoolboy
By my calculations yesterday's was Thompson's fifth booking. Presumably he now misses the Wycombe game?

Who would you bring in? White to RB and bring in Binnom - Williams? Keep White at LB and accommodate Leonard (who should be fit again) at RB? Or what???

Yes, his fifth caution, but first at Roots Hall this season.

Tricky one as I wouldn't want to change too much around as we've been defending well. Binnon-Williams is not a great defender IMO but he's the only natural left back we've got so I'd bring him in at LB and move White over to his natural position. Wouldn't want to move Prosser as he's integral at CB for me.

Could even be Coker. He's not far from a return. Might be a week or so too soon but wouldn't be surprised.

As has been pointed out before JW can play equally LB or RB- for much of his career he has been a LB and we brought him in as a LB for his first spell here in L1.

I would be tempted to minimise the changes by simply bringing Lenny back at RB if he is fit.

While Leonard has done well at RB, if he was fit then you'd want him in his best position in the midfield next to Timlin. Against Wycombe, you would think he would get more space to run into.

I can see us going for Leonard at right back as it gives a chance (righty or wrongly) to give O'Toole another start.

If Binnon Williams doesnt come in you have to ask why he is here?

How far is Coker away from a return?

I can see us going for Leonard at right back as it gives a chance (righty or wrongly) to give O'Toole another start.

Definitely an option.

How about bringing Sokolik in and moving Prosser to left-back with White at RB? We're away at the team who are top of the league so this is more defensive than having Binnon-Williams at LB.

The only problem I have with Prosser at left back is he offers nothing going forward.

Yes he is more defensive but if you concede possession every time you win the ball its just inviting pressure. Im not sure Binnon Williams is the answer though.

Think Thomson was very shaky on Saturday in the first 25 mins or so, I would put white back at right back and have Williams back in at left back, sokolik back in the centre please, job done:smile:

Think Thomson was very shaky on Saturday in the first 25 mins or so, I would put white back at right back and have Williams back in at left back, sokolik back in the centre please, job done:smile:

Who would you drop , Bolger or Prosser ?

cant drop prosser our best centre back by far, Bolger out for me

I agree , although for this one tough game , I wouldn't mind going with White , Bolger , Sokolik , Prosser.
Not much offered going forward , but all solid defenders and all strongish in the air.
I'm pleased in a way Brown hasn't been changing the team too much recently , but fear that if he really wants to attract Sokolik 'full time' , then he has to fit him back in somehow soon.

Personally would go

White (RB)
Sokilik (CB)
Bolger (CB)
JBW (LB)

Don't like playing players out of position where we can help it.

Back