• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chapperzUK

With Phil Brown very kindly giving us a weekend off from the mad rollercoaster that is Southend United, it leaves some of us football fans/addicts with a problem. So why not support one of our local non-league sides?

Players out on loan
Witham are away at Grays Athletic. Brown, Banton & Farrell (possibly still injured) out on loan there and doing well from what I've heard. Ex-youth players James Stevens and Jack Paxman play for Witham and ex-shrimper Mark Bentley plays for Grays, so there will be a fair amount of SUFC featuring.

Harlow are home against Brentwood Town. Towering defender Matsuzaka has been starting everytime he has been available, only missing games due to play in the FA Youth cup with us.

Chelmsford City are at home against Hemel Hemstead. With Jason Williams so far scoring 3 in 5 games, it might be worth seeing how he does there. Also playing for Chelmsford are ex-shrimpers Lee Sawyer and Nicky Nicolau.
UPDATE:
The game is a "Pay what you want" and gates open at 11:30am you can make a day of it! Also a mini-beer festival (http://www.chelmsfordcityfc.com/news/line-up-agreed-for-saturday-1341466.html)

Soham Town Rangers are away to Great Wakering Rovers. Jack Bridge has been there for a month or so now with a couple of goals and a few assists to his name, he could be another one to look out for.

Hayes and Yeading are away at Boreham Wood, probably one for those in London or desperate to see Isaac Layne. After grabbing 2 goals and an assist in his first game, a 6-0 win over Horsham, this will be a bigger test for him. A step up from where he was playing at Billericay, it is certainly the right move for development.
UPDATE: If you are a season ticket holder for SUFC (or any Pro club), then you can go for half price.

Local Teams
Billericay are away against Harrow, so not playing locally this weekend.

Concord could have been looking forward to a 2nd round tie, but a 1-0 defeat against Mansfield stopped them after they took them to a replay. Instead they play Farnborough at home. Ex-shrimper and youth Alex Woodyard plays for Concord.

Canvey Island play Metropolitan Police away, which is the other side of London. Ex-youth Marlon Agyakwa, Aaron Tatham, Dan King and Charlie Barlow play for Canvey. UPDATE: Canvey play East Thurrock at home Tuesday 2nd December, thanks Mick for the correction!

NOTE: PLEASE check with the club's twitter to see if the match is going ahead. Some have already started to be postponed and it would be wise to check BEFORE travelling!

If I've missed anything out, let me know and I'll add it in. I'll post again in a couple of weeks for when we have a game on the Friday against Burton.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff so informative post.

Chelmo I might have a look.

With Phil Brown very kindly giving us a weekend off from the mad rollercoaster that is Southend United, it leaves some of us football fans/addicts with a problem. So why not support one of our local non-league sides?

Players out on loan
Witham are away at Grays Athletic. Brown, Banton & Farrell (possibly still injured) out on loan there and doing well from what I've heard. Ex-youth players James Stevens and Jack Paxman play for Witham and ex-shrimper Mark Bentley plays for Grays, so there will be a fair amount of SUFC featuring.

Harlow are home against Brentwood Town. Towering defender Matsuzaka has been starting everytime he has been available, only missing games due to play in the FA Youth cup with us.

Chelmsford City are at home against Hemel Hemstead. With Jason Williams so far scoring 3 in 5 games, it might be worth seeing how he does there. Also playing for Chelmsford are ex-shrimpers Lee Sawyer and Nicky Nicolau.

Soham Town Rangers are away to Great Wakering Rovers. Jack Bridge has been there for a month or so now with a couple of goals and a few assists to his name, he could be another one to look out for.

Hayes and Yeading are away at Boreham Wood, probably one for those in London or desperate to see Isaac Layne. After grabbing 2 goals and an assist in his first game, a 6-0 win over Horsham, this will be a bigger test for him. A step up from where he was playing at Billericay, it is certainly the right move for development.

Local Teams
Billericay are away against Harrow, so not playing locally this weekend.

Concord could have been looking forward to a 2nd round tie, but a 1-0 defeat against Mansfield stopped them after they took them to a replay. Instead they play Farnborough at home. Ex-shrimper and youth Alex Woodyard plays for Concord.

Canvey Island play East Thurrock at home. Ex-youth Marlon Agyakwa, Aaron Tatham, Dan King and Charlie Barlow play for Canvey.

NOTE: PLEASE check with the club's twitter to see if the match is going ahead. Some have already started to be postponed and it would be wise to check BEFORE travelling!

If I've missed anything out, let me know and I'll add it in. I'll post again in a couple of weeks for when we have a game on the Friday against Burton.

Have 3 of the Witham team playing for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] team of my Sunday club. Kane Farrell was doing very well before his injury, Brown is finding the pitches a bit difficult but there is def a player there. Witham aren’t a bad team to watch, always a chance of a James Stevens wonder goal, that boy can hit a ball!

UPDATE: The Chelmsford City game is a "Pay what you want" and gates open at 11:30am you can make a day of it!

B3w8HA7CMAAEEHA.jpg:large

Hullbridge Sports v Great Yarmouth in the FA Vase 3rd round is also on this Saturday 3pm kick-off. £6 Adults & £3 for concessions.

Canvey Island play East Thurrock at home. Ex-youth Marlon Agyakwa, Aaron Tatham, Dan King and Charlie Barlow play for Canvey.

Your luck is in ! You can see that Canvey game PLUS one of the others as it's tomorrow night !

Your luck is in ! You can see that Canvey game PLUS one of the others as it's tomorrow night !

My mistake and been corrected now! Concord play in the Essex Senior Cup tomorrow night against Grays at home. Chelmsford City (Wednesday) and Braintree town (Tuesday) are both away in the same competition.

Millwall v Middlesborough will be my choice. Nothing like a day out south of the river.

Christmas decoration time according to my missus, so I'll be hanging out the outdoor lighting and looking for a nearby lamppost to connect it to! :winking:

You could always pop down to Boots & Laces and watch the U18's.

They are playing Luton, KO at 11am.

The Youths are currently in good form having won 6 out of their last 8 matches.

You could always pop down to Boots & Laces and watch the U18's.

They are playing Luton, KO at 11am.

The Youths are currently in good form having won 6 out of their last 8 matches.

True, although is there a reason why the Trust website doesn't show future fixtures? The official site hasn't updated the youth fixtures page in months with some errors - it said MK Dons was a home game when it was actually away.

Also, if you do go to one of these then write up your report of the match here. Could be a good advert for non-league.

True, although is there a reason why the Trust website doesn't show future fixtures? The official site hasn't updated the youth fixtures page in months with some errors - it said MK Dons was a home game when it was actually away.

Also, if you do go to one of these then write up your report of the match here. Could be a good advert for non-league.

There is no reason why they cannot publish any fixtures especially ours.

I would personally recommend a visit to Burroughs Park to see Great Wakering Rovers. We've seen some cracking matches down there, including their memorable 10-2 (if memory serves) cup victory last season against Sporting Bengal. An incident that stands out (in a game full of them) was a Wakering player pleading with the ref to have mercy and not book a Bengal player, as they were already losing by 8 or 9 goals. The ref would not be persuaded though, and a yellow was dutifully produced.

Also been down there when the lino debated an offside decision at length with the players, and then continued the debate with the crowd whilst still running the line.

Their chips are also excellent.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...rday-29th-November-2014&p=1684864#post1684864

This shows a match report on the youth's game, though I guess your second statement doesn't actually refer to the youths - it's a little ambiguous!

The youths have a very important game Saturday and then the Youth Cup game the following Friday - would be good for those intending to go to have a bit of a clue who to watch out for.

Interesting stuff so informative post.

Chelmo I might have a look

Might see you there :winking:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...rday-29th-November-2014&p=1684864#post1684864

This shows a match report on the youth's game, though I guess your second statement doesn't actually refer to the youths - it's a little ambiguous!

The youths have a very important game Saturday and then the Youth Cup game the following Friday - would be good for those intending to go to have a bit of a clue who to watch out for.

Just re-read it and my post wasn't clear so I'll rephrase it.

True, although is there a reason why the Trust website doesn't show future fixtures? Although saying that, they have no updated it showing the next couple of matches (:thumbsup:) - http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=618

The Southend United official site hasn't updated the youth fixtures page in months with some errors - it said MK Dons was a home game when it was actually away. No results from September onwards - http://www.southendunited.co.uk/team/youth-fixtures/index.aspx

Also, if you do go to a non-league game then write up your report of the match here. Could be a good advert for non-league.

I would go to Chelmsford but I have a lighting gig in Southend that evening. (Spread Eagle, the
band is Southend Central, I'm the lighting man)

Back