• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Actually, I think these may be classed as temproy structures, and not subject to the usual planning. I could be wrong - but if did fall under the banner of tempory - then could explain it!

The premise of a temporary structure under planning only really applies when talking about timescales. If a structure is up for 28 days or less, you are usually only subjected to far softer planning criteria - this is how it worked for our temporary stands on the Olympic sites.
To all intents and purposes, I would guess that these are staying in situ for the long haul, and therefore classified as permanent structures.

Don't let the lightweight roof structure fool you - these will need significant ground works to enable them to be sited at B&L.

All I know is that I had hair back in those days.

I was early to mid twenty's I think and I am now 48.
Someone showed me an old photo of a group of us standing under a goalpost somewhere with a couple of bedsheets sewn together with ' NO TO BASILDON' in big black letters on it.

Was anyone else on here in that picture ?
422407_3209714880224_2075745480_n.jpg

this one

Actually, I think these may be classed as temproy structures, and not subject to the usual planning. I could be wrong - but if did fall under the banner of tempory - then could explain it!

I don't think structures this size would get away with avoiding planning with a temporary tag - I think we are at the point of needing to understand what was approved under the Fossets plans - if not covered by that then they will need planning- would be easier if either covered by the original planning or necessitates relative small amendment? That my guess anyhow- expert input welcome..

Also could the structure be positioned on B&L in a way that is workable with the original plans- the outside training pitches may well stay out the back and the Southend Soccerdome (as a in good part commercial activity) may well actually be better positioned near the retail end..

One would think that Ron has purchased these structures with one eye firmly on capturing part (or most) of the recreational 5-a-side market in the area (which as others have mentioned won't go down well with the Southend L&T Centre and Play Football), but everybody seems to be forgetting the fact that we would have required planning permission for structures of this size - has anybody recently undertaken a portal search for this scheme?
Where is the public consultation (how will the residents along Eastern Avenue feel about having to look at roof pitches which top out higher than Waitrose next door..)? Where is the travel plan for the immediate quadrupling of traffic in and out of Boots & Laces due to the proposed leisure use (if this is part of the business case)?

Another thing to think about - those structures together will take up most, if not all of the outdoor pitches at B&L - where will the youth teams be playing their matches, unless there is going to be provision elsewhere on the FF site?

Incidentally, those talking about funding are barking up the wrong tree - a couple of pots would be available, but most of this would have had to be privately funded (unless, of course, Ron has done some sort of deal for services rendered to the developer who is taking on the London Soccerdome site...).

Great news story but plenty of questions there for the sceptics and cynics amongst us...

Maybe that is why the location hasn't been revealed as well as no start date. The echo article said we will get in it the next 48 hours, but where will it be stored until it is finished?

I've got an awful feeling that we will just have a pile of what once was a Soccerdome left to rust taking up an enormous space somewhere in Southend.

Also, if planning permission has been granted for the stadium project then could this be under that? Is a quote from Ron saying it goes "hand-in-hand" with the stadium plans. Maybe it is just a small tweek to that?

Maybe that is why the location hasn't been revealed as well as no start date. The echo article said we will get in it the next 48 hours, but where will it be stored until it is finished?

I've got an awful feeling that we will just have a pile of what once was a Soccerdome left to rust taking up an enormous space somewhere in Southend.

Also, if planning permission has been granted for the stadium project then could this be under that? Is a quote from Ron saying it goes "hand-in-hand" with the stadium plans. Maybe it is just a small tweek to that?
Wasting £2m we should call it the peter Clarke dome :winking:

Maybe it will be stored at Prospects, hence we can't use the car park anymore and we have all their vans at B&L... So many riddles yet to unfold me thinks!

The ShrimperDome is currently on it's way down to SE Essex. Exclusive photo...

Spoiler:  
Dome.jpg

With all this very unexpected good news floating around, it would still be nice if someone from the club, maybe RM, came out and explained in more detail what on earth is going on. Weve been a crisis club for years and now suddenly this!!!

IIRC the training ground just over the boundary in Rochford was for 3 pitches. So if it goes there there is probably ample room. I can't believe Ron can just erect on either site without permission though I'm not a planner. They are in neither the plan for the stadium with SBC nor the training pitches with RDC. However I think both would be supportive as it's a wonderful addition to the area's resources.

Maybe it will be stored at Prospects, hence we can't use the car park anymore and we have all their vans at B&L... So many riddles yet to unfold me thinks!

True, the big questions remain unanswered as usual. Where has the funding come from? Where will it go? When will it happen?

While it has pretty much been a default response to be cynical about any good news coming from the club, you have to think it must happen as there has been an initial outlay made.

IIRC the training ground just over the boundary in Rochford was for 3 pitches. So if it goes there there is probably ample room. I can't believe Ron can just erect on either site without permission though I'm not a planner. They are in neither the plan for the stadium with SBC nor the training pitches with RDC. However I think both would be supportive as it's a wonderful addition to the area's resources.

Sounds like a chat up line. "Babe I'm so big I need planning permission before you can erect me ... on either 'site' :winking:"

On a more serious note, the country has been crying out for more 3g pitches and while there might be some opposition to it there will be a vast amount of support for it. It could bring in a decent amount in additional revenue too, but I would also like to see them have discounted offers for local schools and local clubs.

From memory, in the plans there is an "Academy" highlighted for one of the units right next to the Main entrance to the stadium. So if this dome/s is to go there, then it would be near the bottom of B&L land to the right hand side.

sorry go to
Supporting Document - PublicAmended Design and Access Statement
click view Supporting Documents and it's P54. Not sure if they were ever passed though

Back