• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just had the misfortune to be sent to Waitrose. As you know, if you are sad enough (like me) you can go round the side of Waitrose car park and just see a bit of Boots and Laces. Alongside the fence and B&L building is a very large amount of stashed dome bits and a flurry of activity by blokes in fluorescent jackets and hard hats was occurring, exciting eh?

At least it looks as if the infrastructure has finally landed. I wonder how long it will be before it gets put up.

Just had the misfortune to be sent to Waitrose. As you know, if you are sad enough (like me) you can go round the side of Waitrose car park and just see a bit of Boots and Laces. Alongside the fence and B&L building is a very large amount of stashed dome bits and a flurry of activity by blokes in fluorescent jackets and hard hats was occurring, exciting eh?

At least it looks as if the infrastructure has finally landed. I wonder how long it will be before it gets nicked.

Yeah, it's getting bad down here.

I'm not allowed in Waitrose. Rich people only.

Nowhere near as expensive as it used to be (tries to match Tesco prices), and you get your free cup of coffee if you have a Waitrose card with a big W on it (I think that's what the W stands for anyway!). Truthfully, I had also been sent to B&Q as it was 10% off pensioners day. All off topic but I knew you would want to know:smile:

Nowhere near as expensive as it used to be (tries to match Tesco prices), and you get your free cup of coffee if you have a Waitrose card with a big W on it (I think that's what the W stands for anyway!). Truthfully, I had also been sent to B&Q as it was 10% off pensioners day. All off topic but I knew you would want to know:smile:

No it's still very expensive. They only match prices on about 5% of products, but make a big thing of it. Look more closely.

Waitrose is a great place to visit for the more hoity toity food on offer. The missus is a happy lady indeed with the veggie options in there. I don't ever feel the need to crook my neck and look at whats being stored in Boots & Laces.
Maybe I am just not as Diehard a fan as I thought I was. :stunned:

"Do we even know when the supposed build completion time is?"

ha ha ha ha ha...we're talking about Uncle Ron, here...:goodone:

B&Q would have to lower their prices a lot more than that for me to buy a pensioner.

B&Q would have to lower their prices a lot more than that for me to buy a pensioner.

They're not as dear as they used to be and the running costs are quite cheap ........... it's the constant moaning, finding their dentures in your tea pot and the smell of boiled cabbage that puts most people off.

I would recommend getting a pair and then they can entertain themselves whilst you are out .................

Wont we need planning permission first?
Yep even though the dome could be classed as a temporary structure I'm sure it still needs planning permission. I can't see it going up on the current training ground and im still not sure if the area originally planed for the new training ground is big enough for the 2 domes. I wonder if Ron is planning on building it somewhere else? Maybe Just off Cherry Orchard Way over the back of the car showrooms, although I think that land is Rochford council. I can't see any new planning applications at either Southend or Rochford councils so it may be a while before its built.

Back