• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Thread - Season 31

How often does this happen? This is more how I expected our first innings to go.

End of Over 32 (10 runs). Shallow and Pedantic CC: 147-2, runrate=4.59 (1st Inn: 124-10)
Trail by 39 runs. (Red Stripes 310-10)
Overs left today: 48
Cormack 7-0-45-0
Hogenberg* 14 (14 balls)
Afnan-ul-Haq 37 (42 balls)
Last Wicket: Johan lbw b. Humphreys 68 (FOW: 110/2)

Making a pigs ear of things at the moment. Bought a £300k NT, forgot to put him in for the first two games, he then didn't play the NT game so I got no subsidy. He then got dropped from the NT :angry:

Too expensive without subsidy but thought I'd keep him for this week's BT20 games. Then proceeded to forget we had an overnight game, didn't put him in and lost by 5 runs :'( Basically a complete waste of £900k! He will be fired on Friday.

Franchise are 5 out of 5 though.

Finally made the Cup Final and picked the season where someone has assembled a £2.5m wage team specifically to win the cup. Unsurprisingly I was well beaten!

Well, we had one freak result :'(

Main team won, and will promote to Level IV

Franchise were set 165 to win on H/F with Sunny weather, and ended up 2 runs short with 9 wickets in hand :nope:

Franchise needed one win to secure promotion, lost both games :'(

Double of FC and BT20 promotion completed today. Going to be 2nd in OD, so a pretty good season really.

Franchise have clinched FC promotion as well.

Last edited:
About time you started moving up to the higher echelons.

We managed to bowl a team out for 10 ducks today but sadly we let two byes through! Should be promoted in OD, second in FC and should promote next season and survived in the BTPL.

No promotions or relegations for the franchise, looking good for next season though.

:smile: I'm not doing too bad. Up to Level VI in FC and IV in BT20, and I'm at IV in OD. Only my 7th season in this re-incarnation...

Testing my patience today! Oppo 48/5 with 50 overs left and we took the final wicket with 6 balls to spare!

Means we finish 2nd which was good for prize money plus an away game first up next season. Now got 5 all rounders so hoping to get back to the Championship.

Finished bottom in FC despite beating 2nd from bottom today, 7 batting points for the whole season probably explains why!

Missed out on promotion by 2 points in fc.

But only 8 points separated the top 4.

Looks like I'll finish 4th in OD comp.

Back