• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We been playing crap though..

Had a hand being sending over an awful cross that 99/100 the keeper would have taken with his eyes shut gotta be desperate to try and take any sort of credit for that

Form isnt judged on how you think the team is playing, its results. We didnt play great against Northampton but even so we restricted them to no shots on target and had a few ourselves even before the sending off.

As for Weston as I said at the time he played terrible for an hour but then created one goal, with a good cross (keeper didnt do a lot wrong for me), created another clear cut chance for Worrall just before then with a great run in the box, and forced the keeper into a good save.

So his performance wasnt great throughout, but he still contributed more to the result than anyone else in that short period. That'll do.

We been playing crap though..

Had a hand being sending over an awful cross that 99/100 the keeper would have taken with his eyes shut gotta be desperate to try and take any sort of credit for that

Well isn't that a good sign? This is a results business

I notice from previous posters, that Weston has been likened to Straker........blowing either v.hot or v.cold and no inbetweeners.

Any updates on the number of travelling Shrimpers?

I would play hurst....he was desperately unlucky with illness cutting short his return to some kind of form. He can be a vital player and wouldnt want to dent his confidence. Its the back four im struggling with. Im not sute sokilok at RB fills me with confidence, like Thompson he is purely a CB.
I think brown will go for
bentley
sokilok prosser bolger white
worrall timlin leonard hurst
payne
corr

Just to add, I think this is a big game individually for Bolger.....some early season issues no doubt, now having a successful spell in the team....can he perform against a good promotion contender.

Anyone who was at the JB party will know Sokolik was on crutches, I didn't get a chance to enquire further but I would suggest that's not a good sign!

Bentley
Tommo, Bolger, Prosser, White
Worrall, Timlin, O'Toole, Hurst
Payne, Corr

I expect Lenny to be on the bench at least, if he plays then O'Toole to give way.

Anyone who was at the JB party will know Sokolik was on crutches, I didn't get a chance to enquire further but I would suggest that's not a good sign!

Bentley
Tommo, Bolger, Prosser, White
Worrall, Timlin, O'Toole, Hurst
Payne, Corr

I expect Lenny to be on the bench at least, if he plays then O'Toole to give way.

Thompson is suspended so he has to make at least one change.

Bentley
Leonard Bolger Prosser White
Timlin
Worrall, O'Toole, Weston
Payne
Corr

Think this is the pragmatic choice and gets Leonard in with just one change (a direct swap)

I think four wins out of four would suggest we are hitting form at the correct time.
We were not sh*** It was the type of performance that if you win it shows you COULD be going places this season.
Not a vintage performance but a acceptable one.
I think Weston was crap before the penalty against the Cobblers but he was totally transformed after.
Personally think Hurst was coming back into form before his illness, and he offers more all round than Weston.
I really dont know how Weston was voted MOM against Northampton

Interesting comment, as I thought it was between him and Worrell.

We all see the game in different ways I guess.

Bentley,
White, Bolger, Prosser, Binnom-Williams
Worrall, Leonard, Payne, Timlin, Weston
Corr

Are we actually hitting form as the results suggest? Have not been the away games so I don't know exactly what the performances were like but against Hartlepool we were s*** and before the sending off against Northampton likewise and Westons hand in the first goal really demonstrated his quality and why he should be in the line up not to mention his input before that, awful.

What the shocking over hit pass that the keeper fumbled!!

As others have said, there needs to be at least one change as Thompson is suspended. With Sokolik struggling with an injury it would appear to mean Binnom-Williams gets an automatic recall. I would expect us to line up as follows:

Bentley

White Bolger Prosser Binnom-Williams

Worrall O'Toole Timlin Weston

Payne

Corr

Subs: Smith P, Leonard, Hurst, Deegan, Atkinson, Coulthirst, Sokolik (or Matsuzuka if he's not fit)​

The other possibility, if he feels the defence needs more protection, is to play Deegan instead of Weston and move Timlin onto the left hand side.

A bit surprised by the lack of activity on here for what is our biggest game of the season. One which will go quite a way to determine our automatic promotion credentials. I am convinced we will win, Wycombe much better away from home, 2-1 to the Blues, Corr and Worrall to score again, Crowd of 4750 (1100 blues).

Bentley
White, Bolger, Prosser, Binnom-Williams
Leonard, Timlin
Worrall, Payne, Hurst
Corr

subs P.Smith, Clifford, Deegan, Atkinson, O'Toole, Coulthirst & Weston.

Cannot wait for tomorrow now. UTB

Back