• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very poor performance with basic errors costing a number of runs. If Essex had a forum similar to the zone it might well have gone into meltdown after tonight.

Shambolic choke in a big game again. Grayson should be out of a job in September. But he should have been out of this job years ago.

Typical of Essex on the big occasion. Horrendous performance in the field. It probably wouldn't have saved us but Foster should definitely came into bat before Browne who is not really a 20 20 player. Only got 50 over competition to play for now really.

Typical of Essex on the big occasion. Horrendous performance in the field. It probably wouldn't have saved us but Foster should definitely came into bat before Browne who is not really a 20 20 player. Only got 50 over competition to play for now really.

Spot on Tia, things like Foster having the onlt bad game I've ever seen him have behind the stumps can't be blamed on Grayson, but the batting order can be. We were still in with a chance at the point Browne came in (allbeit a slim one) and it's just another one of those decisions that every fan would have made but Grayson doesn't, there have been too many off them.

Really really bad performance - yet still we only needed one of Ryder westley or bopara to kick on and we had a chance, such are the fine margins in t20.

For a number of seasons now we seem a team less than the sum of it's parts. We don't seem to get the little things right and Grayson has to take a large part of the blame. I've watched many a limited overs game where we are not sharp in the field (some say a measure of team spirit), poor running, penalty runs for slow overs, players in the starting 11 that don't contribute etc. We see numerous promising youngsters not kick on or prosper elsewhere.

The worrying thing is that the age of our 'stars' mean this team will need reinventing soon. Foster, Napier, masters, tate and ten doeschate are all in the twilight of their career. I have no faith that Grayson is the man to reinvigorate this squad.

The injuries just rubbed salt in the wound.............but really, should players who are not 100% fit be selected for such an important game? Abject performance and we appear to have got exactly what we deserved. Yet, the frustrating thing was that Warwickshire (don't go with all this Birmingham Bears rubbish!) were there for the taking. It just shows that, in spite of how badly we played, the margin of defeat wasn't that great.

I'd like to dedicate this next track to Paul Grayson

[video=youtube;FmYo0ZRpOgo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmYo0ZRpOgo[/video]

That was so frustrating yesterday. We were favourites for long periods of that game, but once again we failed to seal the deal in a big one.

On the plus side, I see Essex are playing Sri Lanka in their first tour match next summer.

Don't blame the players, it was my fault. They were doing OK until I turned it on. They needed about 38 of 36 balls with 3 wickets left...then I made the dreadful mistake of watching it.

They obviously froze knowing I was watching.

Last edited:
Grayson gone, apparently Barry Hyam and Chris Silverwood will be taking charge. Andy Flower was approached, but turned it down.

Nothing on BBC, but Cricinfo reporting that he's just waiting to agree a severance package.

Topley off to Hampshire on a 2 year deal apparently....

Nothing on BBC, but Cricinfo reporting that he's just waiting to agree a severance package.

Topley off to Hampshire on a 2 year deal apparently....

Yes, now confirmed by ECCC and on BBC news.

What is going on?

Yes, now confirmed by ECCC and on BBC news.

What is going on?

Seems like Irani has decided that Grayson is useless (hooray!) but fancies himself to be the man to sort it out (uh-oh).

There was clearly something wrong at the club. You only have to go back to the match-fixing episode to see that.

I was really hoping for an outside influence to come in and sort things out - I'd even take Peter Moores. The club needs to be restructured. Chuck out all the dead wood (and I'm talking about on the non-playing side) and start again with someone fresh. Irani isn't fresh but is another case of jobs for the boys. Someone needs to shake things up. Irani will just ruffle feathers; I'm not sure that the club ever got over the Stuart Law (and Paul Prichard) fall-out, which was ominously under Irani's watch.

i just heard yesterday that Stuart Law is available. that's the sort of appointment is might be worth going for: someone from outside but tough and not willing to take any nonsense

Back