• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I went to watch Dr Feelgood on Canvey last year and was very disappointed --- the 4 musicians playing had replaced the original members over the years and I wasn't impressed watching what I felt was an average tribute band and left after 30 minutes. My choice to leave --- I may have missed something spectacular later but that is the risk I took.

All this bollocks about being a loyal fan and staying to the end and being better than someone who leaves early, I went to Maldon yesterday to watch Great Wakering Rovers --- I didn't want to go to Wycombe , even with the free travel and cheap tickets, therefore I am not a fan and don't deserve to be allowed to own ShrimperZone. the site for loyal fans only.
What a load of ****.

Exactly right Ken. I've recently been accused of not being a true supporter because I have boycotted a number of games as I don't like the current regime (RM and PB included) - all subjective.

All this bollocks about being a loyal fan and staying to the end and being better than someone who leaves early, I went to Maldon yesterday to watch Great Wakering Rovers --- I didn't want to go to Wycombe , even with the free travel and cheap tickets, therefore I am not a fan and don't deserve to be allowed to own ShrimperZone. the site for loyal fans only.
What a load of ****.

Well you got lucky. When I saw them this season they lost 4-0 at home and were poor.

Anyway back on subject, is leaving a few minutes early any worse than returning from the bar or the burger queue a few minutes late or drinking so much beforehand you have to take a couple of comfort breaks .... or maybe even averting your gaze from the game itself to gesticulate at opposing supporters. Personally, once a match is clearly and hopelessly beyond redemption, it's hardly letting the side down to leave early, although I never do ... you might just miss that goal of the season !

I never leave early, but that's just me. I would not though question the loyalty of someone else who does, its their choice.

I currently have a season ticket and usually go to 4 or 5 away games in a season, including yesterday. Where does this put me on the mythical list of loyalty, compared to say someone who has gone to nearly every away game but decided to leave early yesterday.

To question someone's loyalty because they left early is simply petty point scoring.

I don't post often on here but this subject always irritates me. I've been supporter all my life and since early 90's have regularly gone to away games. I've travelled all over the country and like many others have spent thousands of pounds watching the blues. Now I have two young children and a large mortgage I tend to pick and choose my games a bit more. Does that mean I'm less loyal than someone who has been to every game this season? Not in my book. When it comes to leaving early, if we're playing crap and being soundly beaten then yes, I will more than likely leave early. Why not? Do you honestly think the players give a ****? Paying punters have the right to leave a game before the end for whatever reason. As someone said earlier, they have made the effort to be there in the first place. I left when the 4th went in yesterday, I was under pressure to get home by 7 so I didn't need much of an excuse. The comments and boos from people who want to sit out that rubbish til the bitter end are laughable

A lot of those who travel by train had to leave early at the Tuesday night Portsmouth away game last season as the kick off was delayed. A fair few will have had to leave or be stranded and in doing that missed our two goal come back (South London I managed at 1am, those who travel from Bedford I know had no choice) - gutted for them.

I went to watch Dr Feelgood on Canvey last year and was very disappointed --- the 4 musicians playing had replaced the original members over the years and I wasn't impressed watching what I felt was an average tribute band and left after 30 minutes. My choice to leave --- I may have missed something spectacular later but that is the risk I took.

What a load of ****

Whilst I agree with your sentiments and am thankful that people like you make the effort with such forums, I am not sure that you should be reminding people on here that you own Shrimperzone whilst asking for donations at the same time!

Not good etiquette in my opinion.

Bad enough the team were shocking ,now we have the supporters fighting amongst themselves,so what if a person chooses to leave early ,perhaps the way the team played yesterday the players didnt deserve a person who had laid out good money to watch them ,full ninety minutes support.I would myself rather leave early than stay and boo them off the park.

I'm staggered by this site at times. What right does anyone have to criticise another if they choose to leave a match early. They pay their money, that's their choice. As for loyalty, do me a favour, anyone who watches this team on a regular basis time and time again, year on year, in my case 35 years, is absolutely loyal. But we all have different circumstances, some married with kids, some earn more than others, but loyalty is measured in many different ways, but to suggest that cause someone left early isn't loyal or less loyal than someone who stayed til the end is laughable. Utd beat Liverpool 3-0 today, did you see how many empty seats there were before the final whistle? It happens in every ground. Me and my son never leave early, home or away and it's drives me mad at roots hall when people leave early, thus blocking others view of the game, but I would never accuse them of disloyalty.

I'm staggered by this site at times. What right does anyone have to criticise another if they choose to leave a match early. They pay their money, that's their choice. As for loyalty, do me a favour, anyone who watches this team on a regular basis time and time again, year on year, in my case 35 years, is absolutely loyal. But we all have different circumstances, some married with kids, some earn more than others, but loyalty is measured in many different ways, but to suggest that cause someone left early isn't loyal or less loyal than someone who stayed til the end is laughable. Utd beat Liverpool 3-0 today, did you see how many empty seats there were before the final whistle? It happens in every ground. Me and my son never leave early, home or away and it's drives me mad at roots hall when people leave early, thus blocking others view of the game, but I would never accuse them of disloyalty.

Exactly how I feel.

Just wondering if most of the self-righteous heroes who made until the end were on the free coaches that didn't leave until the game had finished?

My kids were frozen, our performance was awful after our goal. Forget the Ref. So i took them home early. Because I could.

I leave games early if i want i stay to the end if i want,i do not care what little dwb thinks because i live my life for me and not for him.
If you sit at home in the warm and see the results and feel something then you are a loyal supporter because SUFC is in your heart.

If you leave early..I dont care
If you remain till the end..I dont care
If you attend every game..I dont care
If you boycott games..I dont care

The truth is nobody in their right mind would care.

Now must dash to tip the dustman:winking:

I leave games early if i want i stay to the end if i want,i do not care what little dwb thinks because i live my life for me and not for him.
If you sit at home in the warm and see the results and feel something then you are a loyal supporter because SUFC is in your heart.

I don't actually disagree with that. My whole point was that those certain ones that left very early are the same ones that bong on about being uber fans because they go to every game and you aren't a proper fan if you don't. That's all

How is going to a concert or a meal a one off? Other people have different hobbies. I have friends tha go to gigs every week. And a meal isnt a one off either and if that was rubbish u woukd send the food back and walk out

Back