• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have never left a game before the final whistle. Its always possible that a team could be two nil down after 90 minutes and then score three in injury time. Unlikely but I wouldn't want to miss what could be the most memorable game in the clubs history!

Fairport - I remember a LDV game against Brighton - I recall we were 1-0 down with 4 minutes to go and won 3-2!

Got a speeding ticket on the way home!

It is a very subjective matter this loyalty definition malarchy.

Simple answer for me - if you pay the money to attend in the first place, that is a probably a measure of your loyalty. We all have a threshold for watching garbage, so far be it for me to accuse somebody of disloyalty should they wish to exit early for whatever reason.

Me...I have never left a game before the final whistle in 20 years as a supporter, but then I have masochistic tendencies, so yesterday was a walk in the park!

Do what what you want. Leaving early or staying behind to clap the players doesn't make you any better/worse. No one cares.

Gillingham years ago we were 1down and crap.it was raining and could see the car from terrace, thought sod it and left.got home hour later and found out we scored 2 in injury time and it all kicked off

I've never left early! Trust me I have wanted to on many occasions Hull away in the championship season or Bristol Rovers away when Rickie Lambert destroyed us. I've paid the money to watch my team so I might as well watch it to the very end. You don't leave a cinema before the end even if the film is cack!

Gillingham years ago we were 1down and crap.it was raining and could see the car from terrace, thought sod it and left.got home hour later and found out we scored 2 in injury time and it all kicked off

It was just before Christmas as i recall and my lift was pushing for us to leave early but is very grateful i talked him out of it as it was an amazing end to the match. Personally i would rather always stay to the end of the game however painful on occasions not only to support the team when they need it but i feel i enjoy the good days more by sticking it out to the end on the bad one's.

I went to watch Dr Feelgood on Canvey last year and was very disappointed --- the 4 musicians playing had replaced the original members over the years and I wasn't impressed watching what I felt was an average tribute band and left after 30 minutes. My choice to leave --- I may have missed something spectacular later but that is the risk I took.

All this bollocks about being a loyal fan and staying to the end and being better than someone who leaves early, I went to Maldon yesterday to watch Great Wakering Rovers --- I didn't want to go to Wycombe , even with the free travel and cheap tickets, therefore I am not a fan and don't deserve to be allowed to own ShrimperZone. the site for loyal fans only.
What a load of ****.

I'm an old codger in my 50's who, though adverse to leaving games early, did so yesterday. Bruv had a do to get to, so, being wary of Bottleneck Boulevard at Wycombe, we left 5/10 mins from the end. He made his bash, I was home in East London by 6pm, probably the same that the admirable souls that stayed to the end made it onto the M40. Please mark me down from being Southend United's 4,875th best supporter to 5,201th......damn.

First home game of the season. I hadn't been to a home game in years due to work, but managed about 25 minutes of the first half before getting a phone call from the Mrs who needed me to come home due to an emergency.

I travelled 5 hours to Newport last season and saw 5 mins of the game before getting a call which meant I had to leave straight away so got back on a train for another 5 hours. That is a fairly extreme case.

I've got tickets for Cambridge on Boxing Day. Although I have been coming to Roots Hall since 1968 my away games these days are few and far between. Can someone let me know what time is acceptable to leave, should I want to?

Leaving a couple of minutes early when 4-1 down is fine. The fans who chose to leave when the third went in, is their own choice I guess. I just couldn't understand why they would want to do this. I remember a game around 20 years ago, when we were 3-1 down at Reading quite a few decided to leave at that point, but we pulled it back to 3-3 with a last minute Rammell leveller. Games like that stick in your mind, and I would have been gutted if I had left. More recently, my mate decided to leave, and go have a cigarette against Colchester, at Roots Hall when they had come from 2-0 down to lead 3-2. He is still miffed that he missed the equalizer.

Back