• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good to see Forest getting it.

So skint they are under embargo for spending too much and being put under embargo for not sticking to fair play rules.

So not only do they not need the money they cant spend it on new players anyway.

Did you ask about the stadium/sainsburys/dome or just freeze with excitment? ;)

Apparently the dome is going to be our new stadium as a part of a cost cutting drive. RM cant afford to keep replacing match balls that our strikers keep hoofing out of the ground.

Like £250,000 would make any difference to a Championship team or even make a dent in Sky's funds! The whole thing is just to get more people gambling through SkyBet and then at the end of it get nothing in return (unless your the one lucky Forest fan). People plough their money into a competition in which their money actually goes to another team and not to their own (which is where they wanted it to go). They would have been better off writing a cheque out for SUFC directly. As for the draw done at random, no League One clubs included, and two Championship teams just been placed under a transfer embargo for breaking financial fair play rules, as well as Leeds being entered twice, the whole thing disgusts me quite honestly. There are other teams that could have done with that cash injection (not just us). Although the money would have been nice, giving one team an advantage over others is not fair, especially when it comes from the league sponsors. I wish they would scrap this money grabbing competition altogether and just give every club a rake off from their huge profits. Moan over...
AA%20angry.gif

Like £250,000 would make any difference to a Championship team or even make a dent in Sky's funds! The whole thing is just to get more people gambling through SkyBet and then at the end of it get nothing in return (unless your the one lucky Forest fan). People plough their money into a competition in which their money actually goes to another team and not to their own (which is where they wanted it to go). They would have been better off writing a cheque out for SUFC directly. As for the draw done at random, no League One clubs included, and two Championship teams just been placed under a transfer embargo for breaking financial fair play rules, as well as Leeds being entered twice, the whole thing disgusts me quite honestly. There are other teams that could have done with that cash injection (not just us). Although the money would have been nice, giving one team an advantage over others is not fair, especially when it comes from the league sponsors. I wish they would scrap this money grabbing competition altogether and just give every club a rake off from their huge profits. Moan over...
AA%20angry.gif

Some very valid points but I suspect you would not be so outraged had we won it :winking: Your final point about giving all clubs a bigger divi from their profits is one I definitely agree with. They make an astronomical amount of money from football as do many betting businesses. Time to throw more than bones at the golden goose.

AA%20angry.gif

very difficult to argue with any of that

They should have done it for each league. £500k for Chamoonship; £325 for League One; £175k for League Two.

They're giving out £250k on the Super Six game quite frequently, so £1m a season would hardly dent the chest given the absurd amount they pay for Premier League rights. Would keep the whole of the football league pyramid happy (and interested)... but instead Forest win it. Which is a farce.

Apparently the dome is going to be our new stadium as a part of a cost cutting drive. RM cant afford to keep replacing match balls that our strikers keep hoofing out of the ground.

That is why Peter Clarke cost us £1m, he was only on £200 per week wage :winking:

They should have done it for each league. £500k for Chamoonship; £325 for League One; £175k for League Two.

They're giving out £250k on the Super Six game quite frequently, so £1m a season would hardly dent the chest given the absurd amount they pay for Premier League rights. Would keep the whole of the football league pyramid happy (and interested)... but instead Forest win it. Which is a farce.
Are they? I thought it was quiet a rare occurrence someone winning that.

I think I am right in sayimg that the crowds in the football league total something like half of the crowd in the premiershite but the monies we receive is far from half. Stat people at the ready to correct me please.

I think I am right in sayimg that the crowds in the football league total something like half of the crowd in the premiershite but the monies we receive is far from half. Stat people at the ready to correct me please.

It's not just the people in the crowds, it's the marketability of the product.

We might get, say, 10% of Chelsea's crowd but our marketing worth to Sky will be closer to 0.00001%.

AA%20angry.gif

with you 100%

They sell the rights to the Premiership games to the entire planet.

The people attending games might be 50%, but the people watching the games is tiny in comparison.

Back