• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United consider recalling Jason Williams from loan spell at Chelmsford City

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is contemplating calling striker Jason Williams back from his successful loan spell at Chelmsford City.

More...

Come on Mrs B , it's been over half an hour.
Don't keep me hanging......................

Got to be more potent then current strike force so don't see the harm in giving him a go.He's a big strong lad so should be able to look after himself

Got to be more potent then current strike force so don't see the harm in giving him a go.He's a big strong lad so should be able to look after himself

Exactly !

Jason is built like an oak tree and def won't be bullied at this level,come on Phil bring him back and give him 20 AT LEAST against Albion.Or will it be the same old tired format.

Playing very well at Chelmsford, he deserves a shot but I agree there's no point in recalling him if we're not going to use him and the question has to be is he ready for a target man role and able to bring others into play, as that is our system under Brown.

No point bringing him back to sit on the bench.

I can't believe the forwards we have out on loan and we only have Corr here, who I love to bits but he's not in good form.

The likes of Williams and Layne need to be here developing.

I saw on the FLS at the weekend another non league player plucked by Peterborough playing and scoring a bit of a peach against Orient.

How come they have the balls to chuck these guys in and get them performing and we don't?!

No point bringing him back to sit on the bench.

I can't believe the forwards we have out on loan and we only have Corr here, who I love to bits but he's not in good form.

The likes of Williams and Layne need to be here developing.

I saw on the FLS at the weekend another non league player plucked by Peterborough playing and scoring a bit of a peach against Orient.

How come they have the balls to chuck these guys in and get them performing and we don't?!

Marcus Maddison? He does look a good player. They signed Luke James from Hartlepool for a large sum and that signing really has not gone to plan so far. Got to give it to Peterborough though they have the best scouting team for non-league talent by a mile.

Marcus Maddison? He does look a good player. They signed Luke James from Hartlepool for a large sum and that signing really has not gone to plan so far. Got to give it to Peterborough though they have the best scouting team for non-league talent by a mile.

Because they're not afraid to chuck them in at the 'deep end'. McLean, Mackail-Smth and Boyd all came from non league, I believe Tomlin maybe did as well and ALL went on to make the club a very handsome profit.

We sign these kids, don't play them and release them.

Because they're not afraid to chuck them in at the 'deep end'. McLean, Mackail-Smth and Boyd all came from non league, I believe Tomlin maybe did as well and ALL went on to make the club a very handsome profit.

Gary Hooper was f***ing criminal :facepalm:

Michael Knightly springs to mind

He has done well at Chelmsford so will be interesting to see what the next step is.

Ideally a loan at a higher level would be nice, but seeing as we are so light striker wise with surely too many games over the holidays for Corr to cope with it would make sense to bring him back.

Only bring him back if he is going to be used in the 1st team. If he is just going to be sitting on the bench and doing the occasional warm up on the sideline, leave him be to get more game time at Chelmsford.

Would rather he stayed at Chelmsford, he is getting games, playing in a system he must like. If he comes back here, what up front on his own, something Corr with all his no how is struggling with.

Completely different scenarios though. Peterborough are scouting and signing players who have proven themselves at Non-League level and in some cases paying handsome transfer fees.

Jason Williams has come through our youth system and made a handful of appearances (some from the bench) at a team 2 divisions below League 2. He may or or may not have a successful league career but there is nothing to suggest he is ready for a League start against one of our promotion rivals.

Completely different scenarios though. Peterborough are scouting and signing players who have proven themselves at Non-League level and in some cases paying handsome transfer fees.

Jason Williams has come through our youth system and made a handful of appearances (some from the bench) at a team 2 divisions below League 2. He may or or may not have a successful league career but there is nothing to suggest he is ready for a League start against one of our promotion rivals.

Indeed, he has done very well down there and has been a useful stepping stone in his development.

However playing against the teams he has been its still a big step up to playing League Two sides. The good thing is he has had an impact at Chelmsford so will have certainly gained a lot from it, and with only Corr really able to play the out and out striker it certainly makes sense to have him available.

Indeed, he has done very well down there and has been a useful stepping stone in his development.

However playing against the teams he has been its still a big step up to playing League Two sides. The good thing is he has had an impact at Chelmsford so will have certainly gained a lot from it, and with only Corr really able to play the out and out striker it certainly makes sense to have him available.

The answer is to play 2 strikers...........

Having seen Jason play a fair few times for our youth set up/development squad plus recently at Chelmsford...I personally do not believe he will make it in professional football. I thought James Lawson had more about him when coming through and that poor lad didn't really get past the first hurdle in pro football.

Back