• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frustrating night, a good result in the end which I think we would have taken if offered before. Burton haven't changed at all and are the same dirty, time wasting, diving cheats that they were in May, but unfortunately that's the ugly side of the game that will make you successful at this level. Hardly any chances for either side, we had no attacking threat and rarely looked like scoring, and they didn't look like they wanted to win it. Coker did well on his return, Hurst was improved and Worrall continued to stand out while Bolger continued to disappoint.

Bentley 6 Didn't have much to do but did it well when needed
White 6 Wasted possession a few times but solid defensively
Prosser 6 Stayed strong against some physical centre forwards
Bolger 5 Pointless hoofs, lack of concentration, awful positioning, slow to react
Coker 7 Great on his return from injury all things considered
Worrall 8 Our only attacking threat, caused numerous problems and got forward well and covered defensively excellently
Leonard 6 Lost the ball frequently, a shadow of the player of last season in a more defensive role
Atkinson 6 No creativity, protected the defence and kept the ball well
Hurst 7 Massive improvement on recent weeks, got forward and created chances
Payne 7 Burton seemed to have him sussed but he did well and drove forward at times
Corr 6 Won his headers but is no longer the goalscorer we need

Weston 5 No impact, reluctant to shoot, poor first touch

TBV did well in my view!

Scott, good to see your breast enhancements worked :hilarious: yep good support last night apart from the farking drum ha ha.

As to the game I know it was only my second but we have the cutting edge of a spoon. The line up looks fantastic on paper but we frighten nobody. In fact the scariest player on the pitch was Bolger. Outplayed by experienced forwards pretty much the whole match. Stick with him though, he will learn. Atkinson, Hurst and Worrall have all got what it takes but we are trying to walk the ball into the net. If any match underlined the need for a pacey striker this was it. I love Corr but I think his time is done.

I think I'd have Hurst or Atkinson down as my man of the match. Both covered a lot of ground last night defensively as well. Payne was patchy but is clearly has fantastic talent. Prosser did well. 2-3 years ago he was the choice figure of hate on here and now he is confidently leading the back line. Big ticks for Coker and White too.

We are going no where with Brown, that game was there to be won, we shouldn't try to hang on for a point..... we want to get out of this terrible division, but PB is not the man to do it. What summed it up for me was the Corr /Weston substitution.... we need a goal and he replaces our only striker with a winger, twice in the final ten we attacked and Westons first thought was to chase down the wing and he crossed it to no one... I don't blame him last night, I blame the bloke that made the decision to put him on.

Frustrated. We could've still be playing and not scored. I thought we started brightly with Hurst playing quite close to Corr for the first 10-15mins. But whilst we defended ok, we lacked any cohesion in central midfield and many times Leonard was exposed.

t was good to have Coker back thought, considering the length of time he's been out for he settled in well. We are a better team with him at left back.

When you're at home, 15mins to go and chasing the winning goal, why oh why does PB take off the only striker and play with 6-midfielders?! What not give Shaq a go? Sigh.

PB doesn't have a clue what his best midfield or team formation is. I'm convinced that stems from having a well underpar strike force available. Get a couple of strikers in, a replacement for Corr and a poacher and I'm convinced we'll be top 3 in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frustrating night, a good result in the end which I think we would have taken if offered before. Burton haven't changed at all and are the same dirty, time wasting, diving cheats that they were in May, but unfortunately that's the ugly side of the game that will make you successful at this level. Hardly any chances for either side, we had no attacking threat and rarely looked like scoring, and they didn't look like they wanted to win it. Coker did well on his return, Hurst was improved and Worrall continued to stand out while Bolger continued to disappoint.

Bentley 6 Didn't have much to do but did it well when needed
White 6 Wasted possession a few times but solid defensively
Prosser 6 Stayed strong against some physical centre forwards
Bolger 5 Pointless hoofs, lack of concentration, awful positioning, slow to react
Coker 7 Great on his return from injury all things considered
Worrall 8 Our only attacking threat, caused numerous problems and got forward well and covered defensively excellently
Leonard 6 Lost the ball frequently, a shadow of the player of last season in a more defensive role
Atkinson 6 No creativity, protected the defence and kept the ball well
Hurst 7 Massive improvement on recent weeks, got forward and created chances
Payne 7 Burton seemed to have him sussed but he did well and drove forward at times
Corr 6 Won his headers but is no longer the goalscorer we need

Weston 5 No impact, reluctant to shoot, poor first touch
I agree with everything you said.
Bolger possibly a four in my book.

The crowd did their best to raise the team (TBV were superb and I have knocked them several times before)
We are so slow in the build up and possession is great n all but it's upfront then passed back and across before going up the other wing. Problem is that it's done so slowly the other team are able to get into position and it comes to nothing
Weston is shot confidence wise and as much as I love that Big hunk of brute force BBBC he is no threat and his time to me has come to move on
this division is so poor it will be a failure of epic proportions if we do not get promotion

I'm going to Cambridge on boxing Day but the idea of going to the next home game to watch this utter drivel isn't exactly grabbing me. I was due to go last night but I've not been well (I even had a free ticket), a throat infection sounds like more fun tbh. I cannot remember a more boring team to watch, well done PB!!

The substitution was puzzling. Brown said Weston had no confidence. Why put him on then. Shaq scored a couple of goals for spurs but has hardly played since. PB talks about changes but goes for the same one up top all the time.

Why are people being so harsh on Bolger? He made a couple of excellent defensive stops, plays a good ball and looks more of a threat in the opposition box than Prosser does. You can't keep holding the Luton game against him.

I marked him down because of the two cross-field balls he played into Row G of the East Greens !!

Couldn't be bothered to post last night , but here are my observations.

1. I was cold
2. I was bored in first half and only marginally more positive in the 2nd
3. We have missed Coker ( when he is fit he will be a huge asset )
4. Atkinson has 'industry' but no real quality
5. Bolger does 'excellent' and 'woeful' in the space of every 10 mins. I would like something in between please.
6. I was cold
7. We have the only sub centre forward who can receive the ball in a good position and take his own legs away !
8. TBV were very very good in 2nd half
9. Burton are cynical , but they are also very well organised and have high energy when not in possession , so made it tough
10. Leonard did not seem fit to me - just my opinion
11. If I were Clifford and couldn't get on the bench ahead of Deegan and O'Toole , I would think about my future
12. We will continue to be around the play offs all season IMO unless we get a run of goals - Lee ? Williams
13. I was cold
14. Why to people moan at Burton's woeful support of 64 ? Surely those 64 should have big respect ?
15. I was cold
16. I'm a Brown fan but beginning to lose faith , although Coughlin and Penny must also partly share any ctiricism
17. I was cold

TBV did well in my view!

I thought we were on good form last night. Constant, positive support throughout. Glad we were kicking towards the North in the 2nd half, aswell.

Maybe I can't hear (acoustics ?), but there seems very little support from the rest of the stadium.

Couldn't be bothered to post last night , but here are my observations.

1. I was cold
2. I was bored in first half and only marginally more positive in the 2nd
3. We have missed Coker ( when he is fit he will be a huge asset )
4. Atkinson has 'industry' but no real quality
5. Bolger does 'excellent' and 'woeful' in the space of every 10 mins. I would like something in between please.
6. I was cold
7. We have the only sub centre forward who can receive the ball in a good position and take his own legs away !
8. TBV were very very good in 2nd half
9. Burton are cynical , but they are also very well organised and have high energy when not in possession , so made it tough
10. Leonard did not seem fit to me - just my opinion
11. If I were Clifford and couldn't get on the bench ahead of Deegan and O'Toole , I would think about my future
12. We will continue to be around the play offs all season IMO unless we get a run of goals - Lee ? Williams
13. I was cold
14. Why to people moan at Burton's woeful support of 64 ? Surely those 64 should have big respect ?
15. I was cold
16. I'm a Brown fan but beginning to lose faith , although Coughlin and Penny must also partly share any ctiricism
17. I was cold

Come and join us in TBV, buddy. All that jumping, clapping and singing kept me warm throughout the game.

Come and join us in TBV, buddy. All that jumping, clapping and singing kept me warm throughout the game.

My son is there every game and loves it but he wouldn't want his 'old man' there too.
i am in the East Reds , with the worlds most knowledgable football pundits !

Why are people being so harsh on Bolger? He made a couple of excellent defensive stops, plays a good ball and looks more of a threat in the opposition box than Prosser does. You can't keep holding the Luton game against him.

Because in some folks eyes he may have played well but in others he was crack it's a bit like marmite.

I'm an "old man" in there with his son. Perhaps it's time I grew up and joined you in the reds to enlighten myself of their football wisdom. I can't watch a game quietly, though (helps get life's frustrations out)

Because out of all the mostly excellent centre halves we had on loan last year, we've paid good money for the one who simply isn't very good. Those good balls he plays, have any of them landed yet ?

Back