• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought john white was excellent today Romford. May have given the ball away a few times, but was key in dargenhaam having a zero next to them

In all my 30+ years supporting this club through all the ups and downs, I cannot remember any other time than this that I look at the league table and I should think WOW we are doing really well, but I feel so disappointed with the way we play and the performance of the majority off the players.(how are we where we are!) I think we have some good players but not a great team!

In regard to Bolger he is shocking not just with the sending off but the way he defends and his distribution is appalling, must be the pressure of a big price tag!!

After a rant I will still be at Northampton.

I still think we have a team capable of winning this league but not with Brown in charge,he is just an old fashioned manager who clearly cannot see the wood through the trees.

With you on that, though judging by feedback on Twitter, it appears we are in a minority. I think this is a very decent squad of players which looks rudderless and tactically naïve, and that is due to poor management.

Another disappointing home performance albeit in an improved second half we could have won were it not for their keeper pulling off several decent saves. Although some of the blame for the dropped points is also down to wasting some good chances .Going down to ten men did not stop us going forward or looking the better side although that is not saying much as Dagger's are a poor side. We need to get more goals in the side so feel signing a decent forward in January is a MUST otherwise our season may well end in disappointment again.

Bolger = waster

Brown for defending him in the post-match interview = disgraceful

Agreed - I'm all for protecting players and showing a united front, but he should be condemning Bolger's petulance and the impact that had on us at a crucial stage of the game. Ridiculous.

They are most of the time Scott, but we are consistently let down by the Manager.

Brown is approaching his 90th game in charge so he has had plenty of time BUT we are served up with complete pony and rarely score a bloody goal.

I don't understand exactly what Ron demands?

Did he really? That does it for me. Brown out. There is no defending a head butt whatsoever

Lots of positives in terms of chances created when a man light, and but for a bit of better luck or a goalscorer we would have won comfortably. This season has @almost written all over it.. I am severely worried about Hurst and Worrall being out as although Shaq did well today, he and Weston are largely headless chickens..
As for Phil Brown; I am tired lambasting him but its inexcusable for him to defend Bolger over this. The first challenge was assault and the second one was red mist stupidity. He was excellent on saturday so for him to be as bad today as he was shows the inconsistency this side has.. Payne was poor today; and the midfield in general failed to take a poor team by the scruff of the neck in the first half.

I dont know what the solution is. Like other posters I also think you could put a great goalscorer in this team and due to the tactical negligence around him he would end up relying on penalties to score. Something needs to change soon or Mr Brown will be going the same way as Luggy.

Brown: "I thought Cian would have got a yellow. Their centre half goes down easily in the challenge. I won't be coming down heavy on Cian."

WTF...Firstly he went in fist first on the keeper. Secondly, he headbutted a player. How does he ever think a headbutt is a yellow card? Brown has seriously lost the plot. I wish he would just **** off

I still think we have a team capable of winning this league but not with Brown in charge,he is just an old fashioned manager who clearly cannot see the wood through the trees.

Is this the time to ask? Has anyone any idea whatever happened to PB's four-year contract which was all but ready for signing??.............Ron still waiting for the ink to dry????

Back