• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wonder how many of their players will be tucked up and in bed by 10pm the night before a game ha ha

For anyone who fancies it, Thursday sees Great Wakering Rovers playing against Romford at Burrough's Park kick-off 3pm.

https://www.facebook.com/GreatWaker...76897.350117761752884/697170740380916/?type=1

Well worth a visit to support local football.

Bar will be open.

If you fancy it, post here.

..... or, if you want a slightly higher standard (or live west of Southend) Cup heroes, East Thurrock United taking on a resurgent Billericay might be the game for you.

Elsewhere, Braintree will be looking for a quick double over Dartford, Canvey host strugglers Bury Town and for anyone who finds themselves the wrong side of the tunnel, Concord and Chelmsford will both be trying to reverse heavy defeats from their Boxing Day home matches against Bromley and Ebbsfleet respectively.

I'm gonna opt for the East Thurrock v Billericay game. It'll be the 5th time I've seen Billericay this season. The Ryman Prem can be quite entertaining although lacking quality at times. Lots of long ball & goal mouth action, extraordinary fitness levels but you can be hard pressed to find a cultured midfielder who can really pick a pass.

I'm gonna opt for the East Thurrock v Billericay game. It'll be the 5th time I've seen Billericay this season. The Ryman Prem can be quite entertaining although lacking quality at times. Lots of long ball & goal mouth action, extraordinary fitness levels but you can be hard pressed to find a cultured midfielder who can really pick a pass.

Glenn Poole not playing in those previous four?

Start the New Year with live football --- none of this "armchair Premiershite"

Absolutely ..... get out there and support a local team.

Bonus refwatch: Oliver Morris-Sanders from Suffolk takes charge at Wakering and Dave Bushell from London is at Rookery Hill.

Glenn Poole not playing in those previous four?

Yes, and is probably the exception really. Although he still has to adapt his game to the style of play (ie he plays it long but with whip and into good areas). Harrison Chatting at Canvey also caught my eye earlier in the season too. For those that get over to Great Wakering I think Tom Ranger is a top player and will work his way up the leagues over time.

Anyway, East Thurrock beat Billericay 2 1 earlier. Billericay went down to 10 men after 15 mins when they were winning 1 0. Quite entertaining, very windy and the football was very direct. Any other Shrimpers over there today ?

Absolutely ..... get out there and support a local team.

Bonus refwatch: Oliver Morris-Sanders from Suffolk takes charge at Wakering and Dave Bushell from London is at Rookery Hill.

interestingly, ollie was a really decent keeper at ryman league standard and think he may have played conference south a bit too? really nice guy and packed in playing at a relatively young age to give refereeing a go.

interestingly, ollie was a really decent keeper at ryman league standard and think he may have played conference south a bit too? really nice guy and packed in playing at a relatively young age to give refereeing a go.

I remember him playing for Heybridge but not at Conference level.

Anyway, East Thurrock beat Billericay 2 1 earlier. Billericay went down to 10 men after 15 mins when they were winning 1 0. Quite entertaining, very windy and the football was very direct. Any other Shrimpers over there today ?

Thought the first half was entertaining but it fell away a lot in the second half. East Thurrock deserved their win and Billericay missed the suspended Ricky Sappleton (who scored a wonder goal in the Monday game before Christmas).

Thought the first half was entertaining but it fell away a lot in the second half. East Thurrock deserved their win and Billericay missed the suspended Ricky Sappleton (who scored a wonder goal in the Monday game before Christmas).

yes, totally agree with all of this. Interestingly, I saw Cameron Belford in the bar at half time...

I think there is a good player in Sappleton, if he was more mobile.

All the action in the first half of the first half. Three goals (one comedy one), a penalty and a red card. Teddy Nesbitt turned out for Billericay, a couple of decent moments but a feeble shot from the edge of the box.

Back