• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour and the General Election

It isn't known as the Torygraph for no reason. What we have here is bog standard editorial bias. He was talking about productivity per worker and at no point did he say that he was looking to adopt France's econonomic policies generally. In fact on productivity he said 'France and Germany' but that didn't make the headline because duh, that just don't make a good slur.

Of course this reply would have a bit more credibility were you to jump on certain other posters who quote from broadsheets but perhaps they don't go against your left ideology so that's okay.

Of course this reply would have a bit more credibility were you to jump on certain other posters who quote from broadsheets but perhaps they don't go against your left ideology so that's okay.
If you are talking about Barna and the Guardian there are people queuing up to slate him for that. Seems I was the 1st click on this link so made sense for me to share the news that it was a crock of **** rather than just keep that to myself.

Pretty much, I agree. I think he already saw this one coming as well tough.
1.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...ers-who-claimed-expenses-without-receipts.htm

Appears no ones listening to poor old Ed...what is possibly more worrying is that he can't add up either.

Much love x

Sorry
We cannot find the page you are looking for.
The page may have been moved, updated or deleted.
There might be a problem with the website.
You may have typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling.

Not sure what you were viewing but maybe they took it down.

The problem with this article is that it's chuffin borin. I know they want to sway people to vote Tory but if they write articles that are so dull no one wants to read them then they will have no influence.
The original 'ask for receipts' wasn't a policy announcement it was one line in an interview. If he has some receipts missing he should get his assistant to phone around and get copy receipts. I have to do that at work all the time and don't massively want to read about other people having to do that too. Slow news day.

The problem with this article is that it's chuffin borin. I know they want to sway people to vote Tory but if they write articles that are so dull no one wants to read them then they will have no influence.
The original 'ask for receipts' wasn't a policy announcement it was one line in an interview. If he has some receipts missing he should get his assistant to phone around and get copy receipts. I have to do that at work all the time and don't massively want to read about other people having to do that too. Slow news day.

Perhaps boring to you because it's negative press against Labour. Bet if it were the Tories, you'd be all over it.

Its not like the amount is for a Boots meal deal, it's nigh on 40 grand of claims without supporting proof! What makes it even more ridiculous is it comes after del boy himself, Ed Balls, made a big point of keeping receipts for everything and that's probably why the telegraph have jumped on it.

yet another "do as I say, don't do as I do" directive from the labour party

Perhaps boring to you because it's negative press against Labour. Bet if it were the Tories, you'd be all over it.

Its not like the amount is for a Boots meal deal, it's nigh on 40 grand of claims without supporting proof! What makes it even more ridiculous is it comes after del boy himself, Ed Balls, made a big point of keeping receipts for everything and that's probably why the telegraph have jumped on it.

yet another "do as I say, don't do as I do" directive from the labour party
I think MPs are allowed to make expenses claims without receipts so that is what they will all do. I'd agree that the rules should be changed and claims minus the paperwork rejected.

I'm interested in politics and I am on my 3rd week running of being out canvassing and for me if I read an article saying a Tory had an expense claim approved without all the paperwork I'd 'tsk' and then turn the page.

I think MPs are allowed to make expenses claims without receipts so that is what they will all do. I'd agree that the rules should be changed and claims minus the paperwork rejected.

I'm interested in politics and I am on my 3rd week running of being out canvassing and for me if I read an article saying a Tory had an expense claim approved without all the paperwork I'd 'tsk' and then turn the page.

I think normally I would probably see it as bit of a non story myself, however so close to labour preaching that we should get receipts!
Shouldn't Labour be leading by example here?

I think normally I would probably see it as bit of a non story myself, however so close to labour preaching that we should get receipts!
Shouldn't Labour be leading by example here?
Fair play. I don't think he was preaching though I think it was just a response to a question in an interview rather than something he highlighted himself.

Fair play. I don't think he was preaching though I think it was just a response to a question in an interview rather than something he highlighted himself.

Its probably my mind set, however this is a difficulty that I have with mainstream political parties that I feel they are often delivering a sermon and then we find they are behaving totally different to what they are telling us to do.
When Labour do it as the supposed voice of the working class I find it worse than say the Lib Dems.

Its probably my mind set, however this is a difficulty that I have with mainstream political parties that I feel they are often delivering a sermon and then we find they are behaving totally different to what they are telling us to do.
When Labour do it as the supposed voice of the working class I find it worse than say the Lib Dems.

Labour? working class? not for 20 years; that is the issue with current party set up none are actually living in a real work place or have experience of average life in the UK.

Avoid central London today, the Lucy Powell car crash interview is still being cleared up.

[video=youtube;9H7rX3_sqXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H7rX3_sqXo[/video]

Oh behave, she crashed and burned. Get yourself down to Chepstow next Saturday for the 3.15 race, all the runners will be wearing blinkers as well.

Back