• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Signed for Orient. Will be up top with Mooney.

Signed for Orient. Will be up top with Mooney.

As terrifying a thought as that is, even Davis isn't stupid enough to drop our best player. Harrold will be (a very s**t) Plan B from the bench as long as Bonne is fit.

As terrifying a thought as that is, even Davis isn't stupid enough to drop our best player. Harrold will be (a very s**t) Plan B from the bench as long as Bonne is fit.

He's better than Mooney (or at least was, both are old enough to be back playing for us).

He's better than Mooney (or at least was, both are old enough to be back playing for us).

We're playing a weird version of 4-2-3-1 where Mooney is wandering about in the hole, slowing stuff down so Harrold hasn't really got a role in the starting lineup unless Bonne isn't available.

On a side note, considering he's not even playing directly alongside the defenders, the amount of times Mooney still gets caught offside is staggering. He really needs studying in laboratory conditions, because I simply don't know how he manages it.

We're playing a weird version of 4-2-3-1 where Mooney is wandering about in the hole, slowing stuff down so Harrold hasn't really got a role in the starting lineup unless Bonne isn't available.

On a side note, considering he's not even playing directly alongside the defenders, the amount of times Mooney still gets caught offside is staggering. He really needs studying in laboratory conditions, because I simply don't know how he manages it.

It's also quite impressive considering the amount of time he spends falling to the floor. Lesser offside artistes would find themselves deemed not interfering with play.

Oh Jonny Jonny, where have you been for soooo long? Great result at Bromley the other night. Bet your looking forward to your new local rivalry with Billericay Town!

Oh Jonny Jonny, where have you been for soooo long? Great result at Bromley the other night. Bet your looking forward to your new local rivalry with Billericay Town!

Well, I've posted about 10 times in the past fortnight, so I must be hiding in plain sight. Cunning. Bromley result was about as good as yours against Rotherham, I guess. We've got a couple of goes at escaping before Tamplin's circus arrives in town, so you might want to hold fire on that one. I might as well be crowing that you're about to play us.

Well, I've posted about 10 times in the past fortnight, so I must be hiding in plain sight. Cunning. Bromley result was about as good as yours against Rotherham, I guess. We've got a couple of goes at escaping before Tamplin's circus arrives in town, so you might want to hold fire on that one. I might as well be crowing that you're about to play us.

So what's your opinion of Josh Wright?

So what's your opinion of Josh Wright?

I honestly couldn't stand the flash tw*t, but he's obviously very good on the ball. Think he's one of those players who is great to have when you're playing well because he'll help you dominate possession and score a few goals, but when you're right in the s**t like we were he goes missing. Loves bottling a tackle and made hiding behind opposition players because he didn't want the ball a fine art.

I would be very surprised if orient didn't make it back into the football league at the first attempt, after all I did have a few quid on them to win it:smile:

I would be very surprised if orient didn't make it back into the football league at the first attempt, after all I did have a few quid on them to win it:smile:

We won't win the league. Might scrape into the playoffs. I'd strongly suggest putting your money on Dagenham as Tranmere look like they're suffering from playoff blues.

Last edited:

Where were you when you were sh*t? Where were you when you were sh*t?.......hang on, you still are, just even worse than ever before!

Just saw him looking through the bins outside Sainsbury's. Nearly made a comment about rubbish and Orient but he didn't look in the mood.

Scored against Tranmere in BT game this evening.

I saw pretty much every game Matt Harold played for us , and in not one of them did he play as poorly as Ranger did for us on saturday.

Whilst realising his limitations ....yet he always gave 100% and the fact that despite being a huge Southend fan himself , the way he was abused by our own fans left a very bad taste

Shame on those boo boys :thumbdown:

I saw pretty much every game Matt Harold played for us , and in not one of them did he play as poorly as Ranger did for us on saturday.

Whilst realising his limitations ....yet he always gave 100% and the fact that despite being a huge Southend fan himself , the way he was abused by our own fans left a very bad taste

absolutely correct - always a real tough competitor for everything..... won the pen at Spurs that freddie buried

Agreed.

The other one who left a sour taste in my mouth was the way Danny Webb was treated by the fans.

One of our youngest ever players, the son of a legend and whilst not the most talented someone who was willing to put his body on the line and yet the fans abused him instead of cheered him and later lionised an actual donkey with no Southend connections in Drewe Broughton:nope::nope::nope:

Don't forget Brown offered him a contract at Southend, but he turned it down due to the crowd abuse FACT

Its a shame when player wont sign for a club due to abuse, and yet we make false idols out of players who barely deserve a chance in the game, due to previous problems with other clubs and off field activities

Webb he will not be the last son to get grief, we had it when Danny Greaves signed for us, played first game v Chesterfield might have been Stockport ( I'm sure if i'm wrong I will be corrected), and within five minute people moaning he's not as good as hIs old man, Gavin Strachan had the same problem, Blair Sturrock, I could go on, but its hard to tread in the oldman's shoes if he was an exceptional player and the Southend crowd or certain sections have no time for them to bed in

UTS

Back