• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blueveined

Manager
As someone else mentioned on here the other day Lee played 45 minutes with the U21s the other day against Spurs. A couple of comments from the match report about his performance - Lee goes into the book for a cynical trip (taking one for the team no doubt as Spurs look to break). Phenomenal work rate by Lee. Hopefully Brown will be able to bring him back to us in the future as it sound like he's working his way back to fitness.

I would like to see Lee and Pigot upfront, I think they could be quite a handful? With Bazzer and his slighly tiring limbs coming on later with Jason to ensure we finish opponents off.

Being reported that Wycombe, Luton and Burton are all trying to sign him on loan. Surely with Piggott only here for a month we could do with signing him as well.

At the moment we have Corr, Cassidy, Pigott and Williams as strikers (not counting Weston and Coulthirst as I believe they are wingers). If we want to loan out Williams to conference level then I'd like to see Lee come in as 4 strikers is a good number to have IMO.

Barnard is coming back from injury soon, but hopefully he will be off soon.

At the moment we have Corr, Cassidy, Pigott and Williams as strikers (not counting Weston and Coulthirst as I believe they are wingers). If we want to loan out Williams to conference level then I'd like to see Lee come in as 4 strikers is a good number to have IMO.

Barnard is coming back from injury soon, but hopefully he will be off soon.

Don't forget Pigott is only here for a month, so Lee could be a replacement for him, if he goes back

You could almost put money on him staying if he keeps scoring, contract condition permitting.

If he keeps playing like he did against Oxford he would be our main striker. Was very good causing them all sorts of problems. Some our more experienced players should watch his movement off the ball.

Pigott was here for an initial month, so I would imagine there is something agreed that we could extend that if we wanted to.

Don't forget Pigott is only here for a month, so Lee could be a replacement for him, if he goes back

If he keeps doing well then I'd be disappointed if we don't get him until the end of the season on loan.

"Feed the Pig and he will score" as someone has already stated. Let's keep him if we possibly can, he looks very promising.

I would definitely want to bring in Lee. As has been said it would continue Jasons progress to spend the rest of the season on loan at high level club in Conference. I would then hope we release Barnard and Weston as Shaq can confidently play on the wing. This would also fund the retention of Pigot if he continues to show form and fund Lees return. We should nhave first shout with him given our links and his brief experience here. I think he has a lot about him.
We would then have Corr, Coulthirst, Pigott, Cassidy and Lee. Much livier prospects and as Corr alluded too , stronger competition for places. 5 good strikers should be the minimum

It's very tight in the league and all the teams have strengthened through the addition of loan players (including us of course).

A signing of a permanent striker (or more time on the pitch for Williams) would be preferred but that doesn't seem likely ...... so having heard so much about Lee I would strangely be disappointed if he did not come on loan ........

Hash tag: Needtokeephittingtheonionbag

Pigott was here for an initial month, so I would imagine there is something agreed that we could extend that if we wanted to.

If he does well for us there is a very good chance that Charlton would call him back especially as they will shortly have a new manager in place who would probably want to look at all his options.

If he does well for us there is a very good chance that Charlton would call him back especially as they will shortly have a new manager in place who would probably want to look at all his options.

In such a scenario, The Mousse may well become available again .......... the dream of a magical return lives on.

Hash tag: Imusttakemymedication

In such a scenario, The Mousse may well become available again .......... the dream of a magical return lives on.

Hash tag: Imusttakemymedication

Hasn't been in the squad for the last 10 games although I think he has a knee injury. Even if he hasn't then I doubt he'd come back.

Back