• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clubs rarely accept a first bid for a player, we're sure to get others so it's sensible to see how much we can get for him. But I would certainly be happy with 5/600k plus add-ons and a loan back for the rest of the season.

RM is many things, but actually if you look at the business he has done in selling our players in recent years he has done well in my opinion, especially in terms of including add on's and sell on fees. He won't be sold on the cheap.

Doesn't matter how much we get for him, none of it will be used to improve our squad. It will all go on debt/Ron's pocket/cleaners (please delete a you see fit).

Usual rhetoric but in reality RM has done very well for supplying funds for a squad at this level.

Anyone who thinks that Ron is radically different from the majority of lower-league club chairmen is deluded. There are some better than him and some worse. His major sin from my point of view as a fan is his shortage of ready cash, it would be lovely to have a seriously rich chairman - but that can have its own drawbacks, just ask Hearts etc.

He has managed his finances poorly so his future lies entangled with the club's and its spiralled into both losing out and he cannot afford to walk away.

Sure there are money problems with a lot of lower league teams but the majority haven't been issued with winding up orders.

Are you suggesting that most owners have done the same....or maybe I'm not delusional?

Back to my original point I believe Brentfords owners have done a lot more for their club than Ron has for us. Do you not agree?

Lower league keepers rarely go for big money unless moneybags clubs as Chelsea and City come calling.Agents are not stupid and any decent fee with good salary for Dan/ agent and he will be off like a rocket,I don't blame Dan as he wants the big money just like everyone.

Would be shocked if he was still here at the end of Jan.

Lower league keepers rarely go for big money unless moneybags clubs as Chelsea and City come calling.Agents are not stupid and any decent fee with good salary for Dan/ agent and he will be off like a rocket,I don't blame Dan as he wants the big money just like everyone.

Would be shocked if he was still here at the end of Jan.

I'm thinking the opposite, he's got enough on his contract and i'm sure we'll get the same offers in the summer. Can't see that any of the interested clubs are desperate for a keeper. I'd be surprised if he goes in the window

I'm thinking the opposite, he's got enough on his contract and i'm sure we'll get the same offers in the summer. Can't see that any of the interested clubs are desperate for a keeper. I'd be surprised if he goes in the window

17 days is a long time in football.

Even so, most teams dont have desperate need to change keepers mid-season, especially for one that still is relatively unproven.

Even so, most teams dont have desperate need to change keepers mid-season, especially for one that still is relatively unproven.

Too much media speculation involved so maybe force a clubs hand.

17 days is a long time in football.

It is and I don't know enough to make a definitive judgement. On the face of it we aren't struggling with cashflow and I don't think we'd be turning down the windfall of a Bentley transfer, merely delaying it til the summer. Can't see us disrupting our very solid defensive unit with us in a position to challenge for promotion. Can't see Dan demanding a move and can't see anyone offering a fee too good to turn down.

Too much media speculation involved so maybe force a clubs hand.

Theres been a couple of stories, even if it was to force someone to make a bid, in that situation you would expect them to not need someone straight away and may loan him back.

We shall see.

Back