• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe Brown will play Barrett upfront :winking: ....my money is on him finishing top scorer this season! :Worthy:
mine is that Barrett will be a ok player for us this season but if we get into league one will he be good enough ? I seem to remember when Barrett was here last his form dipped but can understand that by not being played but I also remember him get done for pace by certain players time and time again, has he got his pace back then ?:unsure:

Such is the stature of the man, he probably has a tattoo of a captain's armband in place anyway...

AB Doesn't need a tattoo - the reason he has no hair on his head is that it sunk back in to form a 'natural' captain's armband around his arm, made of thick, rugged hair.

The fans want to know whats happening. I'd rather he said nothing than lie as it's now become the boy who cried wolf and you just believe the opposite of everything the moron says

To be fair he was asked a direct question. It is a no win situation for him because if he confirms we're keen to sign Cassidy then you and I both know that there would be threads on here demanding his head for announcing something before the deal is signed - as has happened in the past.

He's said he is not interested to keep other clubs at this level off of the scent. Unfortunately we have to accept that when a manager talks in the press he's talking to other clubs and agents at least much as he is talking to the fans and anything said should be taken in that context.

FWIW I really rate Cassidy. But I honestly don't think it matter who is played upfront in these tactics.

Looks as though I'm in the minority her. I really DO hope that Adam can break the recent hoodoo of returning players. No worries about his love of the Blues and the fact that he will give 100% every game. What I am concerned about is his ability to deal with speedy attackers. I hope he won't continue with his habit of wrapping arms around strikers who outdo him for pace, otherwise one goal a game may not be enough to ensure us three points.

The fans want to know whats happening. I'd rather he said nothing than lie as it's now become the boy who cried wolf and you just believe the opposite of everything the moron says

To be fair, if he says nothing, he gets slaughtered. If he reveals who we are after then he alerts others to that and if the deal then gets scuppered he'd be slaughtered as naive and an idiot for revealing too much. If he plays a good bluffing hand and is economical with the truth, then he gets slaughtered.

So any which way, he'll get slaughtered.

To be fair he was asked a direct question. It is a no win situation for him because if he confirms we're keen to sign Cassidy then you and I both know that there would be threads on here demanding his head for announcing something before the deal is signed - as has happened in the past.

He's said he is not interested to keep other clubs at this level off of the scent. Unfortunately we have to accept that when a manager talks in the press he's talking to other clubs and agents at least much as he is talking to the fans and anything said should be taken in that context.

FWIW I really rate Cassidy. But I honestly don't think it matter who is played upfront in these tactics.

And theres the rub...

We have changed formations several times. Surely one of them will suit strikers.

We have to play 2 up top now surely?! Cassidy, Pigott, Corr, Barnard, Williams, Shaq!? Even Weston (For reasons beyond me)

We have been the last two games so dont see why not. Lets hope the two who play fare better if we do.

mine is that Barrett will be a ok player for us this season but if we get into league one will he be good enough ? I seem to remember when Barrett was here last his form dipped but can understand that by not being played but I also remember him get done for pace by certain players time and time again, has he got his pace back then ?:unsure:

Mate, lets get to League One first then worry about that.

We have changed formations several times. Surely one of them will suit strikers.

Formations don't matter as much as tactics and style of play do. We're solid, we don't conceed and that will keep us in contention. I don't see a side who are expansive enough or who create enough chances to score goals. We played 4-4-2 against Bury but Corr was only allowed in the box on set pieces and Barnard spent the entire game chasing the ball.

For me the make-up of the midfield is the problem. We shall see.

I don't see AB's lack of pace as an issue as long as PB sets the team up properly ie. don't give AB the job of marking a friggin whippet !!! There won't be any teams with 2 strikers that will cause us problems at the back, also don't under estimate AB's other qualities, it's not going to be a 1-1 race every time, good positioning and use of his experience counts for a lot, Shaq is supposed to be young pacy and hungry (sorry couldn't resist) but most defenders have had him in their pocket this season.

Delighted with the signing of Cassidy. Like Beefy I rate him highly from what I've seen but how Brown uses him will determine how well he does. I am actually slightly disappointed it's a loan deal as if Brown does become a tad more adventurous in the way we play I can see him doing well and getting some better offers in the summer.

Happy to have another striker to give us another option. I wish Cassidy the best of luck just like Piggot and hope they help push us towards that goal we have been dying for..... PROMOTION. Now lets see who this 2nd signing is, if it's Barrett that will certainly boost a bit of morale just hope it works out for him like it did Spinner and Eagle.

I don't see AB's lack of pace as an issue as long as PB sets the team up properly ie. don't give AB the job of marking a friggin whippet !!! There won't be any teams with 2 strikers that will cause us problems at the back, also don't under estimate AB's other qualities, it's not going to be a 1-1 race every time, good positioning and use of his experience counts for a lot, Shaq is supposed to be young pacy and hungry (sorry couldn't resist) but most defenders have had him in their pocket this season.

Totally agree. Barrett dealt with Britt and Tomlin with ease only 2 seasons ago and many other defenders in league 2 couldn't handle them.

So happy he has Joined, scored goals at League 1. Will be interesting to see how he gets on with us. Welcome to roots hall Jake

I absolutely understand PB stance on Cassidy
It would have been very easy to lose out and I am very surprised (but happy) he did not end up at a L1 club.
He was desperate to keep it quiet and not alert other clubs- a denial to ensure we get our man is fine by me.
As I say very good player.

Back