• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know what your saying and I would agree with you and all the other's on hear that you need leaders in the team usually but we do seem fantastic at the back without one at present time why change something that ain't broke?

I know what your saying and I would agree with you and all the other's on hear that you need leaders in the team usually but we do seem fantastic at the back without one at present time why change something that ain't broke?

Whilst we are a solid team I dont see that we are actually fantastic at the back.

I think our centre halves are nowhere near what we had last season.

I think Prosser has come a long way and I would play him with Barrett. Prosser is vocal, but just being vocal doesnt mean you are a good leader. Anyone can shout a lot, its what you shout and whether your team mates see it as leadership that counts. It may well be they do see that in him, I have no idea.

With Barrett you have experience and no one can doubt his leadership qualities. In a team that is so young thats surely a massive positive.

We defend from the front then have 2 banks of four and Deegan the enforcer,very hard to break down.

well seeing as how most people with a view on this believe we are lacking leadership on the pitch then I would say 100% yes. Prosser is the only one at the back with a voice, and I dont see any of them leading by example . I don't see any leadership from any of the other defenders. Bentley is many things , but I have never heard anyone say 'leader', and frankly if you are relying on leadership from your keeper then that would be very worrying IMO

Didn't England get to the Semi Finals of the World Cup with Peter Shilton as captain?

Didn't Italy win the World Cup with Dino Zoff as captain?

I don't think it really matters where your leaders are, you just need some. Personally I think White does lead by example. He might not be vocal, but I see him as doing his talking in a calm and collected manner. None of us know what goes on in the changing rooms: it might be that JW is highly respected by the rest of the squad, it might also be that he isn't. We simply don't know.

In fact, some of the best managers I ever worked for (who without exception were the managers where you and I both worked) never raised their voices, or ran around the office screaming blue murder. They were calm and collected. It was what they said, not how they said it that put the ***** up you.

Best do remind people because as much as I like White as a player, he is no leader.

Harsh I think, you don’t have to scream andshout to be a good leader. JW certainly has the respect of the squad and is amodel pro. I’ve played under different types of captains and by far the bestwas an unassuming guy who led by example on and off the pitch, he didn’t screamor shout but we all wanted to play for him and not let him down, he kept alevel head and I rarely disagreed with what he said at the start of the matchand half time. We see just his time on the pitch, being a leader involves somuch more.

I like JW as said he is a good player imo a captain is supposed to manage his personal on the pitch encourage players to get forward or track back. Do as I do, lead by example, or What ever is needed, if things aren't working he should be the one to discuss it with PB. When I see us play we defend with 10 men and if we are lucky we may have 4 players attacking hense our results.

Back