• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He did try with Elliot Lee though. In a parallel universe, where he didn't get injured in his first training session, we are top of the league with Corr and Lee up front on 10 each .... with mrsblue telling us to release Jason Williams and that Brown is the messiah :winking:

Steady,

I even liked your team:winking:

He did try with Elliot Lee though. In a parallel universe, where he didn't get injured in his first training session, we are top of the league with Corr and Lee up front on 10 each .... with mrsblue telling us to release Jason Williams and that Brown is the messiah :winking:

You were doing well until then:smile:

Whether you like him or not it's only going to be judged on one thing....results. failure to go up this season may just justify a change. I genuinely feel that as a team we do so much so well....We pass the ball well....We work so hard from front to back....fully committed.....We just need a few goals....frustrating....

Err no? Payne forward in 3-5-2 and one deep leaves three mids. I did not say centre mids. They all need to get to the box more.
Deegan deep
Payne advanced
two wing backs
that leaves one midfielder

The wingbacks have a lot of ground to cover. They can't play as wingersas still need to defend.

I hope Brown does manage promotion, but if he does, I guess he would depart. I don't think he is that good as a manager but time will tell.
He is doing well so far this season, but promotion would lead to the harder challenge of keeping us in League 1 and not sure he could do that.

Deegan deep
Payne advanced
two wing backs
that leaves one midfielder

The wingbacks have a lot of ground to cover. They can't play as wingersas still need to defend.

At anytime during a game even wingbacks will get an opportunity to enter the opposition box. Even FB's do.

Well considering I didnt do anything wrong i think I will. I look forward to you consistent bull, Mr Whittington

So... just to be clear. You're calling another poster a "dick" (in your extremely witty way) after we've advised you that abuse of other posters is unacceptable on SZ and you're then saying you've not done anything wrong?

Have I got this right?

So... just to be clear. You're calling another poster a "dick" (in your extremely witty way) after we've advised you that abuse of other posters is unacceptable on SZ and you're then saying you've not done anything wrong?

Have I got this right?

He is Shaggy and I claim by £5.

I hope Brown does manage promotion, but if he does, I guess he would depart. I don't think he is that good as a manager but time will tell.
He is doing well so far this season, but promotion would lead to the harder challenge of keeping us in League 1 and not sure he could do that.

But I thought we had just signed PB's replacement? Surely Mr. A 'Southend through and through' B is the new king in waiting? :whistling:

So ultra cautious and defensive that in the last 7 days he has brought in 2 strikers and is still looking into the possibility of adding another (Elliot Lee) ...
So 24 goals in 25 games or more ,what do you call that. He bought in 4 strikers preseason, we have as many strikers as we have midfielders, how many does he want, that they cant score goals or are not given the opportunity as some havent,goes down to PB as he chose them.He openly states his first thought is to keep a clean sheet ,me i prefer win win 2-1 ,3-2 etc or draw 1-1.2-2 etc.His tactics are defensive and his formations, occassionally he tries to change it and play attacking , just occassionally.

As for the team passing well etc , how many times on here have i read how its too slow and tedious ,and how many have said the CB s just boot the ball out from the defence not knowing where its going, that to me dosent sound like good football, and if the build ups are slow then all your going to face by the time the ball gets into the attacking area is a pack defence ,giving the stikers little chance of be able to steady themselves before shooting.Really some of you need to make up your minds , I know this to you sounds ridiculous but you want to see how to break down pack defences watch Australia play in the Asia Cup at present , watch how they played against Kuwait and Oman, Yes i know your going to say Kuwait , Oman who the fk are they , but remember you also say that about Australia,They are at least playing an attacking style game and very good to watch.Try watching if you can find a stream or whatever, you may be surprised.PB should watch how they play too, he may learn something.

BW, it must be very frustrating judging Southend performances purely by the reports and comments on here. I can assure you that there have been some pretty frustrating moments recently on the goal scoring front, but the approach play including the passing, hasn't been all that bad. I find it more attractive than the Sturrock days and hopefully the new front men will give us a new edge up front.

I have no doubt the Aussie national side are playing well and good luck to them, but so are loads of Prem sides over here. So PB has lots of examples to watch if he wants to and, as you say, he may learn something new.

This could yet be our year to escape the dross that is Div 2, and remember, not everything published on here is fact, a lot of it is opinion. So keep the faith and well done for still following the Blues from so far away.

Does Phil brown get any credit this week? Fantastic management last few games, we were never far away from an auto-chasing team.

In Phil we trust. Making the majority of our fans looking stupid with their cries for his head. Well done Ron Martin for not bowing to the pressure from the numbties

The loan signings have certainly made an impact.

Things looking far more positive, shame we didnt get them in during the last window, would have taken some of the strain off.

Back