• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
For a skint Div 2 team we have a damn massive squad.
Now i know why we bought the dome , we will need the space for them all to get changed in for training !!!

We pretty much have 3 teams now on our books :

BENTLEY
WHITE THOMPSON BARRETT COKER
WORRALL LEONARD DEEGAN TIMLIN
PIGGOTT CASSIDY

P.SMITH
jordanWILLIAMS BOLGER PROSSER BINNON-WILLIAMS
HURST ATKINSON PAYNE WESTON
CORR jasonWILLIAMS

T.SMITH
BANTON IBENFELDT MATSUZAKA FARRELL
ellisBROWN CLIFFORD BRIDGE ADEYEYE
COULTHIRST BARNARD

How on earth are we going to keep team spirit happy when so many players havent got a hope in hell of getting in the 1st team ? Quality beats Quantity every time !!!!!

Even discounting those available for transfer or predominantly played in the youth team it's a totally bloated squad. Stunning mismanagement. Brown will have no excuses if we don't go up this year.

Why are you naming youth team players and those that are transfer and loan listed?

Clifford, Brown, Farrell and Banton are transfer listed. Jason Williams and Bridge are loan listed.

Jordon Williams, Matsuzaka and Adeyeye haven't even finished their 2nd scholarship year and still in the under 18s.

Ted and Paul Smith both know they won't be playing much at all and would have gone into this season knowing that.

That is 33 players you've named gone down to 22. We have 4 on loan (Piggot, Coulthirst, Cassidy & Binnon-Williams) so those wages could be being paid by their parent club.

So we really have 18 first team players on our book who are in contention for a first team place, doesn't sound like a massive squad to me.

Why are you naming youth team players and those that are transfer and loan listed?

Clifford, Brown, Farrell and Banton are transfer listed. Jason Williams and Bridge are loan listed.

Jordon Williams, Matsuzaka and Adeyeye haven't even finished their 2nd scholarship year and still in the under 18s.

Ted and Paul Smith both know they won't be playing much at all and would have gone into this season knowing that.

That is 33 players you've named gone down to 22. We have 4 on loan (Piggot, Coulthirst, Cassidy & Binnon-Williams) so those wages could be being paid by their parent club.

So we really have 18 first team players on our book who are in contention for a first team place, doesn't sound like a massive squad to me.
Please never let the truth get in the way of some Brown beating.

That's the manager's job, doubt if any team that is 100% happy, if you are a footballer you want to play

So are you seriously saying we dont pay a salary to those who happen to be on a transfer list , to those players we have in on loan or to the sub keepers ????? :omg: Get real !!!!

I realise the younger players wages wont be too high but my point is that the club is spending an awful lot of extra salaries for players sitting on their backsides.

There is nothing more draining on a players confidence than working hard in training all week then not getting in the 1st team on a saturday...... and draining the clubs finances to boot!!!!!

So are you seriously saying we dont pay a salary to those who happen to be on a transfer list , to those players we have in on loan or to the sub keepers ????? :omg: Get real !!!!

I realise the younger players wages wont be too high but my point is that the club is spending an awful lot of extra salaries for players sitting on their backsides.

There is nothing more draining on a players confidence than working hard in training all week then not getting in the 1st team on a saturday...... and draining the clubs finances to boot!!!!!

Did you even read what I put? I never said they won't be given a salary, I just said they aren't in contention for a first team place. I even said that the parent club might be paying the salary of those we have in on loan, which isn't completely unbelievable.

The 3 youth players aren't "sitting on their backsides", they are playing in the youth games. The players on the transfer list are on the transfer list so they can be off our books. The 2 on the loan list and on the loan list so they can get games.

You say that the younger players won't be on high wages and then say we are spending an "awful lot" on their salaries.

With any squad, even the bare minimum of just a starting 11 and subs bench, there will be 7 players who are being "drained of confidence" and "draining the club finances" who just sit on their backsides.

We must have 18 players to fill a match day squad, then a few more to cover for injuries/suspensions. So a squad size of around 21/22 isn't going to be surprising. As I have said, you named 33 of which 3 aren't even first teamers and we are trying to get rid of 4 of those and send a further 2 on loan. Simple calculation and that leaves us with 24 players, so only a couple over.

For a skint Div 2 team we have a damn massive squad.
Now i know why we bought the dome , we will need the space for them all to get changed in for training !!!

We pretty much have 3 teams now on our books :

BENTLEY
WHITE THOMPSON BARRETT COKER
WORRALL LEONARD DEEGAN TIMLIN
PIGGOTT CASSIDY

P.SMITH
jordanWILLIAMS BOLGER PROSSER BINNON-WILLIAMS
HURST ATKINSON PAYNE WESTON
CORR jasonWILLIAMS

T.SMITH
BANTON IBENFELDT MATSUZAKA FARRELL
ellisBROWN CLIFFORD BRIDGE ADEYEYE
COULTHIRST BARNARD

How on earth are we going to keep team spirit happy when so many players havent got a hope in hell of getting in the 1st team ? Quality beats Quantity every time !!!!!

The whole defence and 3/4 of the midfield are youth players (and mads who is long term injured.).

Plus Jason Williams isn't considered 1st team, Jordan Williams can be discounted too.

Barnard was loaned out and now injured, and by someaccounts will leave when fit.

So out of the 33 you list you can knock 11 players off of it to bring us down to a first team squad of available players toaround 22.

If you look at any club and start counting youth players the squads will look massive.

EDIT: If I had read chapperz post would have saved me some typing.

Even discounting those available for transfer or predominantly played in the youth team it's a totally bloated squad. Stunning mismanagement. Brown will have no excuses if we don't go up this year.

List all the available players who are actually deemed 1st team ready and there is no way its "stunningly mismanaged" due to being over sized.

What it is is unbalanced with too many midfielders and too few strikers, but Brown is addressing that now at least.

That last team at the bottom looks a good side.
Bet the training sessions are lively.
Ron Martin cannot be condemned for lack of backing for the manager.
I think the loaning club pays the wages.

Back