• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In summary: They are crap. They know they are crap. They hate their manager. They hate our manager more.

Couldn't make the game unfortunately, but just seen the highlights and it was a really fantastic result. What a huge difference it's made to have some genuine competition in the squad. Can only applaud the character of the side to come back from losing a man so early on and get all three points.

Ben Coker was just different class and if there's a better left back in this league then I'm yet to see him. Worrall is turning out to be a real gem of a signing and can see him attracting a lot of interest in the summer, so good job we've got him on a two year deal. I think the days of Barry being a regular starter and getting 90 good minutes out of him are sadly behind him, so can see him being utilised as an impact sub now in order to put some pressure on tiring centre backs. Barrett being fit will improve the team even further.

This for me was one of those defining moments of the season and hopefully we can kick on and look back at this game as the turning point that propelled us up the table. With any luck we'll gather some momentum now. Well done Blues!

I thought Coker and Worrall were outstanding. The whole team played well to get Deegan out of jail but it was obvious to me after his first card that a second was always likely. It didn't help that fellow professionals laid siege on the ref to get him sent off and Collins stayed down as if he had received a right hook from Henry Cooper but soon got up once the red card was produced. I think that players who surround the ref like that should be booked themselves for ungentlemanly conduct, not that Deegan deserved to stay on the pitch. Pleased to see Lester's son score his first for us. I thought he got across in front of his marker really well. Butch Cassidy didn't really get into the game, I'm not sure how fit he is but time will tell. But to come back from losing to win with only 10 men shows our character. It was good to hear the Oxford fans moaning on BBC Radio Oxford on the way home. They think they may go down and lets be fair, they weren't that good were they?

They think they may go down and lets be fair, they weren't that good were they?

Me thinks that Hartlepool, York and Daggers are going to battle it out for the bottom two places - although there are a number of comments in the media about the Oxford players not liking their manager ........ so who knows. It's a funny old game and a long hard season ........... other cliches are available ..........:smiles:

Me thinks that Hartlepool, York and Daggers are going to battle it out for the bottom two places - although there are a number of comments in the media about the Oxford players not liking their manager ........ so who knows. It's a funny old game and a long hard season ........... other cliches are available ..........:smiles:

Ok we'll take one match at a time cliche man. :winking:

so corr is past it at 29 and unable to cope with 90 minutes, yet barrett is 35 and in a similarly physical position and people think hes going to be brilliant?

so corr is past it at 29 and unable to cope with 90 minutes, yet barrett is 35 and in a similarly physical position and people think hes going to be brilliant?

Completely different players. Corr has a history of injuries, Barrett doesn't.

Corr's had a persistent back injury all season which has seen him miss games. He also barely trains in the week due to long standing knee injuries. Never once said he was past it, but if he plays 90 minutes every game until the end of the season, his injuries will worsen. He needs very careful management and luckily we now have other options which mean we don't have to rely on him as a starter. He might be 29 but his age is irrelevant, we're talking about persistent, long term injury.

Thanks for that. Do you also know how many starts he's made compared with substitute appearances, would be interested to know the ratios.

He has made 114 starts for us and yesterday was his 50th appearance as a substitute.

So that's 43 goals in 114 starts (1 goal every 2.65 starts) and 10 goals in 50 sub appearances (1 goal in every 5 games as sub).

24wqyar.png

From TV viewing I'd say he was NOT playing advantage; he was not signalling or even shouting "advantage". It looked like he had no intention of blowing for a foul until either the reaction of the Oxford players or he got a word in his earpiece from an assistant.

You don't want to be playing advantage in a red card situation unless the advantage is clear cut (i.e. a goal-scoring opportunity); the advantage play could go on for some while and the situation could become difficult.
I'd be surprised if the assistants would say anything as it was right in front of the ref and they were both a long way away from the incident.

Both at the time and on the replay I got the impression that the ref wasn't plating advantage and only blew up because the Oxford players made a fuss.

To be fair to Corr, I know he's just had a niggle but up until then he's been fit all season.

No he hasn't. He's had loads of problems with his back and neck this year, and pretty constant problems with his knees - he's always got loads of that tape on. It's been reported several time how he's playing through the pain.

Back