• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can anyone find out how many goals Barry Corr has scored coming on as a substitute compared to when he starts? I've long thought him to be more effective coming off the bench with half an hour to go to boss tiring defenders. Would be interesting to see the stats.

When was the last time we were one man shorter then the opposition and losing where we came back to win? I can recall a game at Swansea when we held on to win being down to 9 I think, but we might have already been ahead when we we had players sent off (Mark Gower was one I recall).

When was the last time we were one man shorter then the opposition and losing where we came back to win? I can recall a game at Swansea when we held on to win being down to 9 I think, but we might have already been ahead when we we had players sent off (Mark Gower was one I recall).

Portsmouth last season.

We were down to 8 and scored the winner (Mark Warren I believe) Don't think its ever been done before or since.

Can anyone find out how many goals Barry Corr has scored coming on as a substitute compared to when he starts? I've long thought him to be more effective coming off the bench with half an hour to go to boss tiring defenders. Would be interesting to see the stats.

Of his 53 goals for us, Bazza has scored 43 of them when starting a match and only 10 as a substitute, so only 19% of them have come from the bench.

Today was only the second time he has scored as a substitute since 1 April 2013.

Have I come to the wrong site? I was trying to get to Shrimperzone but all I see here are positive and upbeat posts?:smile:
If you want to see the usual moaning, go to the OMT and read all the criticisms of PB for taking off Pigot and Cassidy and bringing on Timlin and Corr. Thank goodness we have a manager who knows more than all these armchair managers.

I agree that coming on as a supersub could be the future for BBBC though, as has been said. He's a wee bit older and slower now, but still has sharp elbows....

If you want to see the usual moaning, go to the OMT and read all the criticisms of PB for taking off Pigot and Cassidy and bringing on Timlin and Corr. Thank goodness we have a manager who knows more than all these armchair managers.

You're right, the OMT does make good reading - but I wonder if you would have felt any different to those posters at that point in time? It's easy to be wise after the event.

My first game for a while and I was very impressed with the gutsy, heroic, committed and spirited battling performance we put on. We were the better team with 11 men and even though it took us a while after the sending-off to find our stride again, we deserved to come away with all three points.

At the final whistle, Ryan Leonard just collapsed on the ground and half of the Oxford team were down on their knees like a beaten team at the end of a cup final.

A superb performance, a thrilling finale and an excellent result. Hoping for more of the same at Pompey next week!

Them as went..................why did Brownie get sent off?

Apparently an Oxford fan was giving him some stick and he all apparently gave a bit back, although he denied this. The 4th official alerted the ref who sent him to the stand to then sit with Oxford fans! Terry alderton I think then got PB to come and sit with them in a corporate box area. Brown said he had done nothing wrong and that fans shouldn't be allowed to abuse managers and get away with it etc

We were down to 8 and scored the winner (Mark Warren I believe) Don't think its ever been done before or since.
Gower was being subbed to bring Warren on when he said something to the 4th official about the 2nd red. Warren was turned around , Gower called back then sent off.
warren then came on for someone else and was immediately the furthest forward to get in a break and make it 3 1
Swansea then beseiged us , got one back but we held on.
probably the most amazing 2nd half I have ever heard on the radio

Back