• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A bit surprised by this, think we took well over 700 last season and on a Tuesday night, easily the best away day for me last season. Hopefully with the result from Saturday in peoples minds and we are on an OK run sales will push up. Disappointed if we didn't take at least 1000.

Despite it being midweek, it was a lot of people's first opportunity to go there so thats why it sold well.

Despite it being midweek, it was a lot of people's first opportunity to go there so thats why it sold well.

It was my third visit there, remember we played them first game of the season during the 90s, Tilson scored a cracking own goal we lost 4-2 and in those days the away end was open terracing, got burnt as it was a extremely hot day!

That was also a good turnout by the Oxford fans. They were predicting less than 5000 on the fans forum.
So 7200 was a good result. On a side note I notice Ricky Holmes is on loan and does not look like he wants to return to Portsmouth. Born in Rochford and played for a local team in southend. I have been told he was out of this world at that level and big things were expected of him.

There will definately be over 1k + there Saturday and most will pay on the day.

Looking foward to it.

Personally think we should be taking more than that, but I'm sure we will have a top support at pompey.

With me, and I'm guessing a lot of other people, I have been to Wycombe, Cambridge and Northampton over the past month. With Pompey coming up as well, it has been an expensive time, so couldn't stretch to Oxford as well. Normally I think we would have had more going to Oxford if it hadn't been amongst a clutch of reasonably close away games.

Really looking forward to Luton coming here, they should sell out the north stand easily. Should be a cracking attmosphere.

Plus it is our last home game of the season, so with both teams in the promotion mix could easily be a 10k+ crowd.

Booked my Blues Lounge tickets for the Luton game already as the place will be rocking and with that number of away fans coming, parking will be a nightmare so getting a parking space in the car park is a big plus.

It was my third visit there, remember we played them first game of the season during the 90s, Tilson scored a cracking own goal we lost 4-2 and in those days the away end was open terracing, got burnt as it was a extremely hot day!

I went to that one, IIR Tilsons og was at the end we were in. Only other thing i remember was the terrible state of the Loos.

But teams that drop down does awaken their support examples are Carlisle and Luton also oxford

Not sure it's the dropping down or the fact that after at least one very poor season, they've started winning again.

I went to that one, IIR Tilsons og was at the end we were in. Only other thing i remember was the terrible state of the Loos.

Well judging by the state of the loos at Portsmouth last season then I doubt they have been renovated or cleaned since then. They were in a bad state with only 800 of us there, so this Saturday could be interesting. Also the toilets are very near the tea bar and the entrance steps, it all gets a bit congested.

Back