• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chapperzUK

Few tweets from a friendly with Brighton that finished 0-0.

Was wondering why I couldn't find anything about Bouamrane, but there was obviously a spelling mistake on the first tweet (booo Kris Philips is the devil etc).

Nice to see we're keeping an eye out for the talent in the lower leagues. Peterborough and Daggers recruit mostly from non-league and it's done them good over the years. Credit to Phil Brown, he seems to be really interested in building a team for the future rather than just for the here and now. Didn't work out with Layne and Ellis Brown, but it's encouraging that we're getting these lads with potential through the door.

Looking back to the team that played:

• 7 current youths played (inc. 1 starting).
  • 3 ex-youths starting.
  • 2 young players also playing.
  • Looking at a player from non-league
  • Playing a 3-5-2 with 2 pacy strikers

..... did mrsblue pick the team!?

:smiles:

Youcef Bouamrane plays as trialist in Southend United's draw in friendly at Brighton

YOUCEF Bouamrane played an hour as a trialist for Southend United in their 0-0 draw at Brighton & Hove Albion.

More...

Looking back to the team that played:

• 7 current youths played (inc. 1 starting).
  • 3 ex-youths starting.
  • 2 young players also playing.
  • Looking at a player from non-league
  • Playing a 3-5-2 with 2 pacy strikers

..... did mrsblue pick the team!?

:smiles:

Were they also young? How hungry were they? Don't leave us in the dark like this Chapperz.

:winking:

Evidently, not hungry enough as they didn't score. :winking:

Right that's it then, straight to bed, no supper, do not pass go, do not collect £200. We must ensure hunger levels remain high.

Was Weston playing up front with Williams?

"Jason Williams missed the Shrimpers best chance of the game" Have a word with your boy please mrsblue :smile:

Right that's it then, straight to bed, no supper, do not pass go, do not collect £200. We must ensure hunger levels remain high.

Was Weston playing up front with Williams?

That would be my guess as I'm sure Ellis Brown and Cotton are wingers.

I am involved with Maldon and when i heard he was on trial saturday I was shocked. We have some good players there but i wouldnt put him up there so seemed a strange one!

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...outhend-united-development-squad-2216189.aspx

“We had the best chance of the game, and Jason has to score from two or three yards out,” the Blues coach said.

Blues will next be playing a behind closed doors game away at Oxford United in the first week in February, unless other fixtures are announced between then.

2 or 3 yards out! That can't have helped him push for a first team place. :stunned:

Corr would have scored that.

William's miss from 2/3 yards was a headed chance seemingly, and it was against Brighton under 21's

Would have started with Boumrane as sub personally. Sounds like a good one to throw on in the second half? Even if we let him go he's bound to come back.

could anyone add a bit more detail about the kids? Cotton, Scott, Adeyeye, Jordan Williams, Bexon & Gard I don't know much about other than Adeyeye is a fairly highly rated left back that Phil was on about earlier in the season

And as for blowing up after 60 minutes ,i would think that would be expected as im sure the players at Maldon and Tiptree wouldnt be as fit as the SUFC players and pace also would have been a lot quicker

could anyone add a bit more detail about the kids? Cotton, Scott, Adeyeye, Jordan Williams, Bexon & Gard I don't know much about other than Adeyeye is a fairly highly rated left back that Phil was on about earlier in the season

Just a couple of notes on those mentioned.

Cotton - Left footed winger. 2nd year scholar, would expect to hopefully push on and become a pro.
Scott - Right footed winger. 2nd year scholar, scores regularly and assists too in the youth and quite tricky too.
Adeyeye - Left full back. 2nd year scholar, who likes to get forward and support the winger. Not afraid to take players on and cross.
Jordan Williams - Right full back and 2nd year scholar. Same as above. Pretty pacey too.
Bexon - Goalkeeper. 1st year scholar and a good shot stopper.
Gard - Attacking midfielder. 2nd year scholar, due to his height and position he will get compared to Payne but he is more of a passer than a dribbler but his close control means he can take players on. Doesn't score as much as Payne or Bridge though.

Back