• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin ødegaard

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member

I'm pretty sure he will flop.

Why?

He's been rightly hyped for ages and watched by every major club really closely. He's more talented than Adu was at that age and he goes into Real Madrid B which is a good incubator for his development.

He's a gamble but if it does develop into a superstar in the next couple of years then the current contract looks like a bargain.

Why?

He's been rightly hyped for ages and watched by every major club really closely. He's more talented than Adu was at that age and he goes into Real Madrid B which is a good incubator for his development.

He's a gamble but if it does develop into a superstar in the next couple of years then the current contract looks like a bargain.

Have you seen the videos of him on YouTube? He does look very skillful.

A Norwegian, the superstar of world football? Na not having it. Getafe on loan by his 21st birthday

Have you seen the videos of him on YouTube? He does look very skillful.

The videos of Chamakh on youtube before he joined Arsenal made him look World Class. His trained with Liverpool and United but didn't sign he can't of made that much of an impression there otherwise he wouldn't of been boarding a flight to Spain

The videos of Chamakh on youtube before he joined Arsenal made him look World Class. His trained with Liverpool and United but didn't sign he can't of made that much of an impression there otherwise he wouldn't of been boarding a flight to Spain

He chose to sign for the biggest team in the world, obviously didn't impress.

He chose to sign for the biggest team in the world, obviously didn't impress.

The Scouse and United didn't offer him a deal when he was at their training grounds... If he was that brilliant think they might of had a deal on the table before he got a cab back to the hotel lol..

The Scouse and United didn't offer him a deal when he was at their training grounds... If he was that brilliant think they might of had a deal on the table before he got a cab back to the hotel lol..

United let Pogba leave for less than £1m and Liverpool claimed they rejected Ronaldo for around £2m. Clubs don't get everything right.

I highly doubt he is on anywhere near £80k a week

Because Liverpool are so much better than Real Madrid on deciding what players to buy aren't they... He's made enough of an impression to make 3 caps for his national side. I'm sure he'd much rather join Madrid than Liverpool or United anyway.

€33k seems to be the most accurate report. Extortionate, but not altogether uncommon a wage for a 17/18 year-old player breaking through into the first team... Something which there appears to be every expectation that he'll do within the next 18 months.

Because Liverpool are so much better than Real Madrid on deciding what players to buy aren't they... He's made enough of an impression to make 3 caps for his national side. I'm sure he'd much rather join Madrid than Liverpool or United anyway.

Van Gaal to Giggs 'Corh this kid is the new Messi'
Giggs 'Agreed he is going to be a world class player could help us win the CL again in future'
Van Gaal 'I know what we'll do we will let him go to Real see if they want to sign him first'
Giggs 'agreed mate, good idea'

Is that actually what your suggesting or did they look at him training and think not worth all the hype and not much better than what we already have

United let Pogba leave for less than £1m and Liverpool claimed they rejected Ronaldo for around £2m. Clubs don't get everything right.

I highly doubt he is on anywhere near £80k a week

Let Pogba leave??

United wanted to keep him, Pogba left because he wanted first team football and Fergie said he wasn't ready but they wanted to keep him.

Everything wrong with modern football, but fair play to the lad himself, what an opportunity for him.

Let Pogba leave??

United wanted to keep him, Pogba left because he wanted first team football and Fergie said he wasn't ready but they wanted to keep him.

If they wanted to keep him then they could have done by playing him in league cup games and off the bench. Playing Rafael in midfield instead of him now looks laughable.

Just because he didn't sign with Liverpool or Man Utd doesn't mean he wasn't offered a deal. If you are the next superstar, then you are hardly going to accept the first offer you get.

Van Gaal to Giggs 'Corh this kid is the new Messi'
Giggs 'Agreed he is going to be a world class player could help us win the CL again in future'
Van Gaal 'I know what we'll do we will let him go to Real see if they want to sign him first'

Is that actually what your suggesting or did they look at him training and think not worth all the hype and not much better than what we already have
Can you please point out where i suggested Odgaard will be world class? Has it occured to you that he perhaps turned down United and Liverpool to join the current holders of the champions league?

Of course he won't be as good as what United already have, he's 16 he can't be expected to compete with the likes of Di Maria yet.

Real Madrid haven't signed him for the sake of it and Norway didn't cap him at the age of 15 for a joke. Have you been to Norway to see him play to have such a strong opinion on how he is going to flop or is it just a completely random assumption?

Liverpool and United weeny offering him a trial. Both clubs wanted to sign him but he choose real. He was able to reject them because every major club in Europe wanted him.

Van Gaal to Giggs 'Corh this kidr is the new Messi'

Fixed that for you.

Back