• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We are going,

If I see 451 433 and we struggle like every home game before we have seen under Phil we will be in meltdown.

442 please PHILIP .

We are going,

If I see 451 433 and we struggle like every home game before we have seen under Phil we will be in meltdown.

442 please PHILIP .

I had wondered if you were schizophrenic at times, or maybe a Borg collective? :smile:

Brown has shown that he will stick by players even when there are more experienced options. The lineups for the last two games show that. PB is obviously looking ahead and thinking he can turn BW into a decent CB. And then possibly get him on a permanent deal in the summer. Brave in many ways to stick with the lad in two away games but having done so unlikely to change it now. When AB is fit he will have to be patient. Hope that Timlin is retained but remember that for Burton at home Deegan was preferred. But Deegan will have had to sign a contract even to get on the bench. Jason Williams will presumably replace BBBC on the bench. Maybe no room on the bench for Bolger either. If AB is fit we will have strength in depth at CB. A home win at last would be so welcome! And a great tonic if one were needed for the trip to Shrewsbury.COYB.

Why? If the Club hold his Registration with the Football League/FA then he can play without a contract. A contract is the Terms of Employment which will also detail his remuneration, you dont have to have one to be placed in the Matchday squad. He could be classed as a Non-contract Player, as long has his registration is valid.

I'd keep the same line up. Atkinson the only one I would think about changing. Timlin, Williams and Thompson all have to stay I thought Thompson and Williams were class on Saturday they don't lose headers.

Why? If the Club hold his Registration with the Football League/FA then he can play without a contract. A contract is the Terms of Employment which will also detail his remuneration, you dont have to have one to be placed in the Matchday squad. He could be classed as a Non-contract Player, as long has his registration is valid.

I'm not sure if you are right or wrong about the registration matter .......... but Mr Deegan's agent will want to know how much Mr Deegan is going to be paid and for what ............ even if that is on the back of a cash receipt or a text message or a recorded phone call, that (in practical terms) amounts to a contract doesn't it?

I expect him (Deegan - not his agent) to be on the bench on Saturday.

Whilst SS3 may be technically correct regarding the registration point I was thinking that PB would not select him in the squad if he had not put pen to paper. But there again if for example Deegan promises to sign immediately after the game then maybe PB would accept the assurance. Does anyone know if Deegan has now signed a contract with Blues?

One game never defines a season but home results usually define promotion chances. We won't get auto promotion based on recent home form so for me 3 points is a must however messy the game is. I will take an unconvincing 1-0 injury time OG.

Well this will be my first match since a 1-0 win against Stevenage in 2011. This will be my tenth match over 32 years and all the previous nine matches have resulted in Wins for The Blues.

So do yourself a favour and get down and put a few quid on a stonking Southend victory:happy:

9 games in 32 years - call yourself a supporter?:winking:

I'm contemplating coming to this after missing Pompey at the last minute and having seen only two dour 0-0s in my time back here - the Burton and Plymouth games. Surely the boys will score a goal on Saturday?! Back to India next week.

Incidentally, if anyone is based in the Midlands and is driving to the game, I'm looking for a lift. Please PM me. Currently based in Leamington Spa.

We have had at least two to three chances at home in last few games and just needed two strikers on the pitch to finish them off.
We have that now and with Coker and Worrall bang in form we look dangerous and no disrespect but York are a poor side!
A team is due a hammering and I think the players will want to repay the terrific fans from the last two away games!

I'm looking forward to going on Saturday hopefully a big gate with some of that 'away day' atmosphere brought back to Roots Hall!

My last game was Plymouth so I'm a bit hungry for a goal or two. After two good away results and with a fan base full of high expectations for Saturday (including me), what could possibly go wrong...............................

Lets hope Yorks keeper does not have a blinder or a large dose of luck, like the prev home games

I'm looking forward to going on Saturday hopefully a big gate with some of that 'away day' atmosphere brought back to Roots Hall!

Not that many tickets sold by the looks of things, maybe 5,500 crowd depending on what York bring. I hope there is a last minute rush for tickets, but I think quite a few people still put off coming to the home games.

Back