• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With Piggott in for the season I now have no reason to be anything but confident. 2-0 to the blues:smile:

Yorks away record looks pretty good, so we can't afford to sit back today. I would go with the same starting line up from last Saturday, and would make sure we have Deegan, Barratt and Barney on the bench.

Yorks away record looks pretty good, so we can't afford to sit back today. I would go with the same starting line up from last Saturday, and would make sure we have Deegan, Barratt and Barney on the bench.

Can't afford to sit back - so that's two defensive players and Mister NoGoals then.

After all mof the praise for the past two games I am looking forward tom watching the center backs in action. I am hoping that people were not upping their marks for them simply because we won. I still find it difficult to contemplate that Thomson who I have always felt looked 'average' and a player who had never played cb before looked like a recipe for disaster- so IU will be very happy to be proved wrong

After all of the praise for the past two games I am looking forward to watching the centre backs in action. I am hoping that people were not upping their marks for them simply because we won. I still find it difficult to contemplate that Thompson who I have always felt looked 'average' and a player who had never played c.b. before looked like a recipe for disaster- so I will be very happy to be proved wrong.

Yes. Any team looking for promotion has a good back four - and ours has been chopped and changed all season. And there are more views amongst the fans as to the best pair of central defenders than I've had hot dinners. I mostly agree with the adage about not changing a winning team but I'm not sure about the current pairing being ideal for the rest of the season. Still time will tell.

A clean sheet today would be good.

Last edited:
Scrappy 1-0 win for me. The Pig gets fed! Like to see Adam come on at some stage as he is an aerial threat from set pieces.

I shall be backing the draw as usual Cher ching

If you want to bet on home games, just bet on "under 2.5 goals". It has happened every time this season.

Quick check on first goalscorer and Stan James are offering:

Barry Corr 9/2
Elliot Lee 21/4
Mads Ibenfeldt 8/1
Myles Weston 17/2

Weston is rated so highly as a goalscorer that he is behind a suspended player, an injured defender and a player who doesn't even play for either team! :hilarious:

Tis written in the stars. 0-0 bore until 89 mins bar our obligatory sending-off. Adam comes on as sub and pushed up front, 5th minute of injury time, we get a corner, Tango waves Bentley up the pitch, ball sent over by Coker, hits Bentleys nose at the near post, ball falls down to Adam who forgetting he has feet aswell stretches out with a diving header two inches off the ground, gets his head smacked by a York clogger but the ball trickles over the line and we all go wild. Adam, blood pouring from his face, is mobbed by the whole team in front of the South Bank, snow falling heavily now the ref calls time. Bingo. Bentley MOM for an assist.

UTB

I really hope Adam Barratt plays in place of Thompson. He is much the better of the two and of course can score at the other end. We have conceded three goals in the last two games against poor opposition. Given that PB quite rightly looks to keep clean sheets then he must make the change.

Will be an interesting game I think, yes we've won 2 away from home but in both instances we've ended up down to 10 men and with the opposition trying to win and see out the game, that's given us more opportunities on the counter that we don't get at home. York are well organised and may well play for the draw, so I think it'll be a test of our "new" attacking threat to see if they can still score 2/3 when you have to break down the defence a bit more.

If fit, I'd go with Barrett too, Thompson is doing okay but isn't as good a defender as AB, Binnom-Williams has done well but is out of position. Can't see Brown swapping both of them but would like to think one of them will make way for AB.

One final thought, please play Timlin!

We are now stronger, plenty of players playing for their place every week, storming 3-0 win today, team unchanged apart from the bench which will include Barrett & Barnard.

Scorers Cassidy, Pigott & Worrall

Crowd 6000 with 175 Minstermen

UTB

After Australia's win in the Asian Cup, I really hope Southend make it a nice double tonight! Go you Shrimpers.

Happy that Australia won the Asian Cup :happy:

Now I'm off to watch my first Southend game since 2011 and are hoping for a nice 2-0 win with the "Pig" scoring :pig:

Back